India vs Qatar, Bangladesh & Afghanistan Group E World Cup Qualifiers I 3 June 7 June & 15 June 2021

Comments

• G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    420Grams is quality.
    Abhishekharitrams24
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    edited June 2021
    Funniest part is when Ishfaq Ahmed is talking about how he was the best winger in MB but yet Bob Houghton would not pick him in the squad because there was a better winger available. Then Richard Hood asked him who was that guy and Ishaq says 'yeh Jo baitha hai yahan' pointing at Renedy Singh 😂
    Watch from 1:32:40 to catch it
    munna219777thebeautifulgameAbhishekspartagiridharanmasefieldtheoilfieldkartik91
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    Guys no matter how much we talk about coaches 
    The only organisation at fault here is AIFF
    thebeautifulgameDeb_Bandev_pfcAbhishekgiridharanSoham_Dekartik91
    edited June 2021
    My observations on few players

Bipin- Looks physically small for international games. I am still not convinced that he is NT material. He is rewarded because of one good ISL season. SC and BH never used to even bring in one season wonders- like Brandon,Soosairaj and many others. Might as well play Changte instead if Ashique is not starting

Yasir- Left footed player who weirdly only plays on the right. Always tries to take a long range left footer towards the outside post. Yet to score even in the ISL. Hardworking player but not sure if he is mature enough for NT

Liston- Absolutely no work rate at all for NT games. Does not even chase the second balls. No wonder he was missing from FC Goa setup for the most part. He's talented but might always remain a substitute I'm afraid. Rahul KP if fit can easily replace Liston. Interestingly KP can play in all offensive positions because he is technically good.

Glan- Great work rate considering this is his first time with NT. I only wish he played more attacking. He looks more useful against better and fast pressing opposition

Sana- Mindblowing performance considering it's only his second game. Almost felt like he was initiating all attacks from the back. Every pass was well thought of and never a difficult one for his team mates. Never seen a CB do that for India. Beautiful sidweays switches played with Bose as well all throughout. Saw him regularly  raising arms and asking for the ball. Great attitude!!Deserved a goal!

Deb_Bandhritiman7deepak dedhaAbhishekalecsspartaG_Kmunna219777giridharankartik91
    Interestingly Stimac has done what no other coach has done before- selecting the in form players from the league and giving them an immediate chance in NT. Ideally this what we wanted all along but never received. However this only made his life difficult because he could never get a settled playing 11. 
    I want to see what does he have up his sleeve for Afghan game. He brought a  big midfield to these qualifiers and our opponents probably keep guessing on who will play so I hope this gives us an edge. Might even play Apuia, Pandita etc. Not sure if Rahul Bheke would be available
    Interestingly Afghans play against Oman on 11th which is a must win game for Oman to qualify for next round of WC. Thus, we have a full week to recover for the Afghan game on the 15th whereas Afghanistan has to do smart squad rotation to avoid fatigue.
    deepak dedhaindian_gooneratuljgAbhishekspartagiridharankartik91
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    We all wanted every performer to get into NT - Stimach selected and given chances to every performer - no complain at all. But being a high profile player and coach you should have a filtering process. We will get to know if a player is really good and can withstand test of International football, after couple of years' consistency. 
    Previously we have seen rise and fall of Sabeeth, Alwin George, Vasum, Naoba Singh etc. 
    I completely agree on Bipin, someone needs to be exceptionally skillful to make a mark with that kind of physical presence. However, he sent few really good crosses in initial stage just like Oman match. They were inch perfect. 
    indian_goonerRonny
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    edited June 2021
    While it is true that Stimac needs to be credited for including performing players from the ISL, a welcome change from the Constantine era, he should also include proven performers from the I-League. There is no reason why the highest scorer of the I-League, Bidyashagar Singh, among others, should not get a look-in in the team. 

His statement that "there is no such player [in contention for the NT] with regards to qualities" and the I-league is a "filter for the ISL" still strikes me as pretty objectionable.
    giridharangoalkeepar
  • There is a lot of euphoria after the win against Bangladesh and understandably so considering the circumstance we were in. But we need to think hard about where are our standards have fallen. If not for SC we probably would not have won against Ban. I may sound negative but I don't see much future. Look at Vietnam they have turned around and are biting hard and are almost on the verge of qualifying for the 3rd round of World Cup qualifiers. That's called progress.
    I so wish to see the model of what they are following and not some league that says 'Let's Football' and we start dreaming of qualifying for the World Cup in few years. Let the league be there but let's start having a target and say in the next 10 years we will be HERE!! 
    God knows if ever there will be a time in my life when I can see my team at top of the group in any qualifying matches or tournaments. 
    thebeautifulgameashindiaindian_goonerPassisouravindiaspartaChelseafanAbhishekgiridharanmasefieldtheoilfieldand 1 other.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    edited June 2021
    @Sanjeev Biswas: Agree 200% with all of your statements!
    Sanjeev Biswas
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    Yes, Vidyasagar, Rahul KP & Vikrampratap should be in NT camp at least if not in the final squad. There is no space for euphoria. Afganistan match will tell us the reality about our consistency. 
    Deb_BanSanjeev Biswasdev_pfcPassisouravindiamunna219777AbhishekgiridharanSoham_Dekartik91