India vs Qatar, Bangladesh & Afghanistan Group E World Cup Qualifiers I 3 June 7 June & 15 June 2021

Comments

• debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    My guess is Abhishek
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    ISL , AIFF AND FSDL  has nothing to do with our bad performances and if we will change coaches we will start producing great talents , we will start beating belgium , england etc etc , all we need to do is keep changing coaches   :*
    RonnyashindiaAbhishekdev_pfcindian_gooner
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    I don't believe in sacking Stimac now. Our football team will struggle to get quality coaches as of now and that too in COVID-19 era. With these set of players, any coach will struggle.

We'll definitely need longer leagues - ISL, I league and state leagues as well. Only then, good talent will be unearthed.
    Abhishek
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    India will get destroyed in Asian Cup qualifiers third round. Even the likes of Malaysia and Sri Lanka will thrash India 10-0. Then there's teams like Kuwait in pot 3 who can thrash India 20-0. India will probably finish last in 3rd ground qualifying group
    ashindiaRonnyAbhishekgaffertapegoalkeepar
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    My two cents -
    1) A few positives from this game emerged for me. One of them was that Infian players were winning majority of second balls in the midfield! This was a major plus since it broke down afghan attacks on numerous occasions while allowing us to keep the ball. Players like Glen, Suresh, Ashique, Sana, and even bheke (very rarely though) pressed the afghans very well and won the ball from them. Very heartening to see as this aspect was missing in previous matches where ee used to merely chase shadows and drop deep to defend. 

2) Another positive was that players were generally passing the ball along the ground and keeping the ball relatively better. The passing accuracy was also improved. A few long passes surprisingly found their mark with the intended players. Also saw some good one touch passing from certain players. So, despite the result and the atrocious falling standards, sone progress was indeed seen in overall play. 

3) Now coming to other points, a lot is being said about Bheke and how he dosn't belong to NT. But after asian cup 2019, I remember a majority of members on this forum demanding inclusion of Bheke in NT, calling him as our best RB etc! And when he was included, you guys have now suddenly climbed up on the "Bheke out" wagon. It dosn't pay to be so fickle while supporting your team. Give the guy more chances to prove his worth. A few bad games do not define a player's real talent. Lets be more consistent!

4) Stimac should be sacked now. Not just bcoz of today's result but due to overall decline in the standards of NT. You guys often compare Constantine's performance in the last set of WCQs with Stimac's performance and claim Stimac did better. But you forget an important distinction - Consti inherited a NT which was at the absolute bottom with it being ranked 178th and struggling to beat the likes of Nepal and losing to Myanmar under Koevermans. That guy was the worst coach India has ever had! Consti rebuilt the team from that stage and blooded youngsters like Jhingan, Kotal, Udanta, Changte etc. When India faced last set of WCQs, it was still too early in its rebuilding phase and thus performed badly. But later on Consti took India to a 13 match unbeaten run as well plus our performance at the Asian Cup. He imbibed his his philosophy upon the team and it suited the traits of Indian players. Stimac on the other hand inherited a NT which was high on confidence and playing well and single handedly destroyed that team to reduce them to the ghost of its former self! That is an irredeemable crime by Stimac and I can never forgive him for making India look as underdog against Afghanistan! We need a better coach, not a high profile one. Someone who understands the Indian football and the psyche of Indian players well enough to devise strategies based on their strengths and weaknesses. 

5) Many spoke about jow infian players lack technique and skill sets. But it is not the duty of NT coach to teach players about technique! That is the job of youth coaches and club managers. So its unfair to blame NT coach for the poor skills of players. 
    kartik91giridharangaffertapegoalkeeparindian_gooner
  • Tight slap by Afghan FT on face of some of the overconfident Indian fans who were claiming easy win
    Ronnygoalkeepar
  • RonnyRonny 10472 Points
    So are we ready for Savio to be our interim coach as always? Do you guys think that will change the fortunes of this team or should AIFF get a foreign coach. The coach would not have seen ISL probably and would be expected to take us to glory in the next round? The only positive for me is that we have 3-4 players with technical abilities now compared to earlier teams. Our offense is at the same place since last 10 years because nobody gets to play enough games as a striker except Sunil. 
    Do you guys think Stimac should coach the U-23 team in the Asian qualifiers this Sept/October?
    Abhishek
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    I agree with @Bad when he says the youth are our only hope hence it is important how we invest in them.
    youth leagues running parallel to ISL and Ileague containing the u19 players is absolute must. The leagues need to be run for 7 months at the very least.

Beneath this we need structured baby leagues starting from u-7 level and no late than u10 . This isn’t needed to start at every level. Just the 4-5 clusters where football is popular. Slow and steady. Then these leagues become feeder for the u-16 NT and so forth. 

I know, it’s easy to type stuff, but this is not tough to implement at all!
    ashindiaAbhishekindian_gooner
  • RonnyRonny 10472 Points
    For the NT we need to groom the promising players as part of India U-23. I want to see more of players like Vikram Pratap, Rahul KP, Narender,Sumit Rathi, Boris, Amarjit, Komal Thatal etc
    Abhishekgaffertape