India vs Qatar, Bangladesh & Afghanistan Group E World Cup Qualifiers I 3 June 7 June & 15 June 2021

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    Its going to be a tough road for AIFF/FSDL to implement Youth level tournaments with current COVID situation(considering it will take 2 years more to even vaccinate U-18). For now my sincere hope would be for them to extend Football calendar with more tournaments and matches in league so that atleast NT pool is ready for Asia Cup qualifiers etc. Also please let the 2nd Division to run for 5-6 months so that 18-21/reserve get to play.
    giridharanAbhishekDeb_Bangoalkeepar
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    Stimac should only stay if he serious about working with NT. Sorry to say but he hasn’t found right combination/tactics yet. Also he doesn’t seem to watch many matches and always seems to be holidaying in Croatia. 

So if its the above case it doesnt matter if its Stimac or Savio wont make any difference.
    RonnygiridharanAbhishekDeb_Bangoalkeepar
  • RonnyRonny 10472 Points
    By being 3rd in the group have we avoided other 3rd place teams like Thailand, Bahrain,Kuwait, Kyrgystan, Palestine, Turkmenistan etc? Can someone explain the pots
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Doesn't matter about who we face, every team can easy beat us, no point of even playing, we should forfeit every match as 3-0 loss is better than 20-0 loss
    Ronnyashindiadeepukartik91Carbon_14Deb_Bangoalkeepardeepak dedhaNagendrasparta
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    edited June 2021
    @Ronny Round 3 pots will be decided by September / October rankings.

If we are in Pot 1, we can avoid maybe Uzbekistan, Jordan, Bahrain, Kyrgyzstan and Palestine.

Currently by June rankings, we are in Pot 1. We did lose points, but so did the ones below us, Thailand and Philippines. Tajikistan may not catch up with us. 
    thebeautifulgameRonnyAbhishekashindiakartik91indian_gooner
  • rathorevarun4 rathorevarun4 1654 Points
    edited June 2021
    After getting enough time & support from the fans It's a fact that stimac didn't manage team very well....so it's time for a change otherwise he will cost us the place in Asia cup 2023....Now who should be the Next Manager ? A foreigner.... Definitely Not
    I searched on Google, list of world cup winning managers from 1998 ( itna tk hi check kiya ) All the managers belong to the same country that won the world Cup. I am not saying india going to win world cup but this Shows Every Country performed well with their Countrymen Only so answer to india's all problem is indian manager only.....
    & Khalid is the perfect answer as he showed what he is capable of with less sources then mumbai Fc & last season North East united....First he should be given the chance of U-23 Squad let him built his best team followed by Senior team....look at Vietnam they Started improving the day their U-23 make it to the finals of Asia cup U-23 ( manager is same guy who manages them today) 
    One more thing Ghar ki pareshani ghar ke member se acchi koi ni smjh skta. He will be aware of all indian players, will watch Ileague and ISL and During domestic season he don't have to go to other country for holidays or to meet his family.
    So it's time to believe an indian......first improve our U-23 Squad followed by Seniors otherwise after ten years we will discuss the same thing.....
     Bibiano For U-15,17,19 and also assistant to U-23   Squad
     Khalid For U-23 & Senior
     After watching today's performance & not seeing any improvement 
    Every indian fan be like dil se bura lgta hai bhai please bhai.....

gaffertapekartik91ashindiaDeb_Banshibiergoalkeeparspartaindian_gooner
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    What about Armando Colaco? Last time he was our coach, NT played a nice brand of passing football and gave results as well! Or the coach of Chennai fC who made them win the I-League? Some Nawaz guy...
    Or even the coach of goa FC currently. 
  • souravindiasouravindia 3615 Points
    Thing is if we do not score goals when we get chances, then confidence lingers and our shoulders drop. In first half we had so many chances to score, but no one did. I mean every team has multiple players on whom they rely to score, where are they in current team except Chhetri. This is exactly what I asked before this round of qualifiers. Suresh, Glan, Asique, even Apuia- they are very good with the ball but not good at scoring. This is where players like Thapa, Changte, Udanta outscore them even if they lack in other areas- its their out of form which is hurting us more than anything coupled with our coach changing formation and line up everytime. If you look our match against Thailand, we scored 4 out if maybe 4-5 opportunities, other than the goals its Thailand who dominated us.  I am starting to say even i miss Jeje. Goals win matches and if you cant you will always return empty handed. Manvir has been a let down for me.
    dhritiman7Abhishek
  • souravindiasouravindia 3615 Points
    Also from what i see, at the moment 3-5-2 suits us more than 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, cause somehow we do not have that holding midfielder and loose the midfield battles even against Afghanistan without an additional midfielder. Other part is they were making their moves similar to what we did against Bangladesh i.e from their back,  but we never pressed that high and i could see our coach asking them to hold back, could be tactical since its just 1 point required to progress to 3rd round and we did not want to take any chances and expose our defence. I do think without bthis equation we would have played a bit more freely. Nevertheless, its time to start thinking about a bit more on our attacking options. 
    dhritiman7
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    Bottom line is  we desperately need longer league and more international games. Select performers from I Leagues too. I believe its time we introduce a B team like BCCI does with players who do not get enough chances. Let Khalid be the coach of that team and B team should play many friendlies with SAFF teams and I League and ISL sides. 
    We will improve. See, we all know our team will not play in WC or win AFC. But we want to play respectable football and get into top 10 of Asia. That should be a pragmatic target. 
    BTW, if Gaffer gives a LOL, what does that mean? My comment was laughable or it was not pragmatic from professional point of view? I indeed value his feedback. 
    souravindiagoalkeeparmunna219777AbhishekgaffertapeDeb_Bankartik91indian_gooner