SAFF Championship 2023

Comments

• shibiershibier 2996 Points
    What a shame , gifted away a goal...
    deepu
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    Should have been a historic win. Feeling for Anwar. He sis so well till that goal
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    In a way it's a blessing , we can play against Lebanon in semis. 
    samRonnyashindiarathorevarun4
  • samsam 16430 Points
    Anwar Ali was appearing tired since 85th minute. It had a lot to do with the own goal. He should have been replaced.
    True. Tired careless clearance. However, digesting this mistake against west asian teams when ind was winning is tough 
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    A good game. Though I think India was lacking the requisite 8ntensity, having already qualified for Semis. Players took it a bit lightly. But still a combative game with plenty of scuffles and red cards! 
    I think *ndia have now improved to the level of second tier Asian teams like Lebanon, Syria, Oman, Vietnam (although we lost last year), Thailand etc. Once we get our best players like Apuia, Suresh, Brandon back, plus a good backup striker like Siva or Manvir, then I think we will be able to effectively challenge 2nd tier teams and even match a few top tier Asian teams like Iraq, Uzbekistan, China etc. But we need more improvements 8n positioning and off the ball movement.
    deepak dedhaindian_gooner
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Matching top tier sides is a bit too much currently. Loved the quality of our passes, the first touches, creative play at times and players positional sense along with a very demanding press. These areas have definitely improved!
    Sukungiridharansouravindiaashindiaindian_goonerkartik91
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    Will India remain in pot2 ahead of Lebanon or its now going to change? Any idea?
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6491 Points
    Despite a draw, we will lose points today. Still ahead of Lebanon.  
    souravindia
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    sam said:
    Anwar Ali was appearing tired since 85th minute. It had a lot to do with the own goal. He should have been replaced.
    True. Tired careless clearance. However, digesting this mistake against west asian teams when ind was winning is tough 
    This is like the 1-2 mistakes he used to make in every game for FC Goa. I thought for NT he suddenly became very consistent..maybe the Stimac effect
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited June 2023
    For someone who has not watched would be shocked seeing the result. But for those who watched we all know that it was missed opportunity. I mean when in last 14-15 years can we confidently say that we dominated and beat an above average Asian team ? We were rightfully punished for not converting the chances. But still this is a great result in many years of me following Indian football. 

I still feel if we had sharper midfielders we could have finished this game and maybe who knows even compete for WC play off spot in future(But will reserve myself and wait for our performance away from home)
    Ronnysouravindiaindian_goonergiridharandev_pfckartik91