SAFF Championship 2023

1111213141517»

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6491 Points
    edited July 2023
    I never saw passionate AIFF staff like Kalyan Chaubey & Shaji Prabhakaran.

Though we are moving in positive direction, I still criticize them for past & future things.

As few IFN folks pointed out earlier including myself, Santosh Trophy S.F & Finals were not needed in Saudi Arabia. Instead, after Santosh finals, they would have sent top 2 teams/All Star team to Saudi for 1-2 weeks long camp along with couple of friendlies with some 2nd division Saudi teams. 

Also, I'm totally against conference system for I-League. Conference system is ok for Youth league, 3rd & 4th divisions as AIFF will have very limited budget for these leagues considering number of teams at this level, but not for I-League. 

If there are any budget/window constraints for organizing I league with 16 teams in home & away format, AIFF could follow IPL model, though the number of teams increased to 10 teams. IPL teams will play only 14 games instead of 18 games by implementing logical groups (Group A & Group B ) based on previous season performances. Similarly, I league can be scheduled with total of 24-26 games instead of 30 games.
    goalkeepar
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3416 Points
    edited July 2023
    sam said:
    Thank God . Praful Patel and his allies were a good riddance. I don't want him anywhere near to football now.
    Deb_BanAbhishek
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    I think that Santosh Trophy in Saudi was from an earlier understanding -- WAFF days.
    Nagendragiridharan
  • I think he is right we are not argentina or france that we can play great football... We are in our learning phase so we need long camps and he showed what he can do with long camps...maybe he can do wonder in Asia cup... Brandon, jhingan,chhangte all are good players, does Vietnam imported from outside when they performed well in last Asia cup, our players are also similar to Vietnamese players some are better,some are little less so if he need time he should definitely get time... No one is greater than nation. I want to see india on world stage,clubs doesn't matters to me. 
    souravindiagiridharannamewtheldindian_goonerAbhishek
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    Thing is for everyone to see. The euphoria created now is only because our national team has performer and done well against good oppositions. Mumbai FC had won 2 of its champions league match, did it generate the same passion? Newer enthusiasts will only increase for clubs with better result of national team. If Saudi Arabia can do that before world cup, and which boasts of the best league in asia currently, what is isl to it?
    rathorevarun4 ashindiagiridharanindian_gooner
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3416 Points
    yes. for football to be get popular amongst the masses only NT success can bring it. Even if a Indian club wins AFC cup or ACL , the euphoria will fade away after few days. 
    souravindia
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6491 Points
    yes. for football to be get popular amongst the masses only NT success can bring it. Even if a Indian club wins AFC cup or ACL , the euphoria will fade away after few days. 
    If we can win Asian Champions League with 7 indian players on the pitch, then definitely we would be an top 6 or 8 nation in Asia. It means with 8+ slots for Asia,  we will have high chances of qualifying to FIFA World Cup frequently which will automatically generate interest across the nation. 
    giridharanindian_gooner
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3634 Points
    Ronny said:
    Win the ACL??
    No I don't think he meant win the ACL the next season lol. What he probably meant to say is Club football and national team go hand in hand. If club teams are successful in continental level then there is a good chance the national team will also perform better. In a way I agree if our club teams consistently make it to the knockout stage in ACL then our national team will automatically improve. In the club side I hope we get 2 ACL slots down the line so at least 20+ Indian players will get exposure to a better level than ISL.
    Ronnyashindiaindian_gooner