India in 2018 FIFA World Cup

Comments

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    @preetam
    In cricket wc also less powerful teams are taken and they also loose by big margin

If cricket is also allowing teams football should also allow
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    its good then but still the way india is progreesing it seems a distant dream,,,a lot will depend in U17 WC in 2017 if we get some talented guys then in 2022 WC qualifying which will happen in 2020 can give a gud try...
    @samiam

in cricket i think you know wat ireland did with ENGLAND and bangladesh did against ENG....in recently concluded T20 netherland defeated england...in cricket either 10 or 12 countries plays ..and the kind of associate nation participates are kind of team who can upset bigger team on any given day....in football i saw that kind of thing in 2002 WC where senegal defeated FRANCE .except that do u remember any match?
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @preetam Now what should India do to qualify for FIFA World Cup 2018? There were only 4 slots in previous world cups for AFC category. Mostly Japan, South Korea and Australia and a middle eastern nation fill up these top 4 slots. So this means India needs to devise a strategy on how to to beat these top level teams by looking at their fitness, style of play, financial support, their league structure etc. Then we should look at how high ranking teams (such as Portugal or Serbia) have beaten these top level Asian teams and take technical help from these countries. AIFF needs to do a lot of homework on this and the governments (whether central or state) should give all necessary help to the concerned authorities. I can assure you there is no shortage of football fans in India. The only thing we football fans need is the right approach and right system for Indian football.

I am not sure about Indian Super League so no comments about it. Only time will tell.
    one thing i can assure you that india will never make in 2018 bcoz till 2017 the focus will be in youth system and U17 WC...so wat natinal team shud do? they shud focus on playing a lot more friendly match and improve there ranking..so that when draw will be out they will get easy draw...and instead of 2018 WC realistic target shud be 2019 ASIA CUP,...end of topic...
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    That is it. We need to make the AFC Asian Cup. We need to establish ourselves as Asian Cup regulars before ever talking about the World Cup.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    With phasing out for Direct entry from AFC Challenge Cup winner, we should plan and prepare for qualifiers of AFC Asian Cup. 2023 AFC Asia Cup Qualification should be our target.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Agree. We probably don't have much of a chance at 2019. Yes, we have guys coming up like Udanta, Brandon, Uttam etc but I bet guys like Malaysia, Indonesia, Kuwait (guys we will now compete with for the extra spots) have the same exact players.

2023 should be the goal while 2027 is the perfect time for "2027 AFC Asian Cup India".
    We shud host asian cup 2023 and think of wining asia cup in 2027..
    @Rohan
    i think india can qualify in 2019...by then we shud play regularly and improve ranking to get eary draw...