Subrata Pal

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ohhhk...but the main surprise was the Vancouver whitecaps who rejected him in trails saying that they didnt wanted a foreigner to fill that spot..

and many including me were like"WTH did you called him for the trails then??"
    and also missed a chance to get to a middle east club due to his injuries at that times
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    I hate Gunner fans from India,If I'm not wrong Arsenal was shit in Transfer window last few seasons so they even linked abhishek yadav and Rakesh Masih to Arsenal and then came up with Subrata when Alumunia made Arsenal look like jokers. :-))
  • shankar wrote:
    ohhhk...but the main surprise was the Vancouver whitecaps who rejected him in trails saying that they didnt wanted a foreigner to fill that spot..

and also missed a chance to get to a middle east club due to his injuries at that times

They probably heard about the success of Sunil Chhetri in MLS that Vancouver thought that Subrata would do well in MLS to.
  • ashindia wrote:
    I hate Gunner fans from India,If I'm not wrong Arsenal was shit in Transfer window last few seasons so they even linked abhishek yadav and Rakesh Masih to Arsenal and then came up with Subrata when Alumunia made Arsenal look like jokers. :-))

WTF
    shankar wrote:

Reason is his wages,Americans view on India is that its a very poor country and every place looks like what they seen in Slumdog Millionaire but they wrong for god sake !!!!

They thought they would get Subrata for Liberian wages but damn !!

• ashindia wrote:
    shankar wrote:

Reason is his wages,Americans view on India is that its a very poor country and every place looks like what they seen in Slumdog Millionaire but they wrong for god sake !!!!

Ya thats us Americans for you. You have no idea how many times I am made fun of for being Indian. "Oh Rohan do you shower in the Indian rivers" "Oh Rohan how do you pay for these books" "Oh Rohan does your dad work at 7-11" "Oh Rohan is your family into terrorism" "OH GOD SOMEONE FARTED! Rohan was that you" "Hey Rohan do you speak Indian" WTF is Indian!

Here look at this...
    http://paul.kedrosky.com/images/world-accordign-to-USA.jpg
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    shankar wrote:

That was the only reason why i hated that movie because it showed the worst side of india which meant the best part is completely covered from reality for those who got no idea about india
  • shankar wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    shankar wrote:

That was the only reason why i hated that movie because it showed the worst side of india which meant the best part is completely covered from reality for those who got no idea about india

I still refuse to watch that movie. It is a sham. You have no idea how many times I defend India because of kids in my school comparing India with Slumdog.
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    shankar wrote:

I still refuse to watch that movie. It is a sham. You have no idea how many times I defend India because of kids in my school comparing India with Slumdog.

My aunt who's a lecturer in USA has the same problem,people(her colleagues) always keep asking her why India is so poor etc etc ??

But real side of India is that there are many rich people in Urban cities who are actually richer than many Americans.
  • That is what I say. If you look at the Forbes list of top 200 rich people in the world there are more Indians than Americans! India has 2 of the top 6. America have 2 also.

India has a 60% reading percentage! That is more than 500,000,000 people in India who can read!!! America only has 300,000,000 people! You come to my school all of you would be surprised and my school is ranked 6 in my state and my state is ranked 4 in America! You guys would laugh at my school. You guys are only 2nd to China in education. America is 30th!

I am telling you it is the media. When India does something good it is overlooked but when a kid drowns in the River it is all over American news and then the discussion is all about the poverty in India.

There is a girl in my grade who was born in Mumbai and she only moved here 2 years ago and she loved it so much more in India.