Subrata Pal

Comments

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    it was a pity he was not picked up soon after his ASIA cup perfomance...<br>
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    edited July 2012
    just been talking to a german colleague and he reckons regionalliga sides are bringing in new rule..non eu players needing work permit etc but regionaliga isnt  pro therefore need some backup jobs that gets you work permit..
  • kshitij USFCkshitij USFC 250 Points
    edited July 2012
    India’s top goalie Subrata Pal’s dream of
    playing abroad got a boost on
    Thursday. As part of a one-year deal
    with Red Bull, Pal will leave for
    Germany on Friday for a two-week trial
    with fourth division club RB Leipzig.

With Bhaichung Bhutia having retired
    from international football and Sunil Chhetri joining Sporting Lisbon ‘B’, Pal
    was the drink makers’ choice to test an
    emerging football market.

“This trial is not only for Leipzig. We
    have clubs and academies in Austria,
    USA (where Thierry Henry plays), Brazil
    and Ghana. So, there is a possibility of
    getting a contract from any of our other
    clubs also,” said Rohan Vyavaharkar, the company’s national communications
    manger.

Pal, 25, has taken leave from United SC
    and also got an okay from the All India
    Football Federation to join the national
    camp by August 6.

India’s preparation
    for the Nehru Cup begins on July 27. But as with every silver lining, there is a
    cloud. While Pal, India’s only goalie
    with an eight-figure annual salary, said
    he has a clause in his contract with
    United SC that would allow him to
    leave if he gets an offer from abroad, his current employers denied the claim.

''There is no such clause that he can
    leave now and join a foreign club. We
    have granted him leave to train in
    Germany for two weeks but he can
    only sign for a foreign team after the
    first year,” said Siddhartha Bhattacharya, a director at United SC.

source-Hindustan Times
  • kshitij USFCkshitij USFC 250 Points
    edited July 2012
    suppose if Subrata Paul signs 4 ny of
    those Red Bull Clubs then will PUFC get
    transfer money or is there ny such clause?
  • akumarrakumarr 3 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    suppose if Subrata Paul signs 4 ny of
    those Red Bull Clubs then will PUFC get
    transfer money or is there ny such clause?

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I believe he signed for Prayag United. So they will receive the payment.</font></div>
  • I doubt it will be New York Red Bulls. We already have a young upcoming keeper in Ryan Meara and we have 2 back-ups, one which was signed last week. I think we are good.<div><br></div><div>Red Bull Brasil is a long shot because they play at the lower levels of Brazilian football, same level of I-League.</div><div><br></div><div>Red Bull Ghana is a 2nd Division team, same level as I-League (about)</div><div><br></div><div>Red Bull Salzburg... would Subrata start for Salzburg.</div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    will subrata go in for a leser package in Europe??? just to get the european exposure...i am doubtfull<br>
  • silicon3 wrote: »
    will subrata go in for a leser package in Europe??? just to get the european exposure...i am doubtfull<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Red Bull will probably pay him a lot due to his marketing value. If the trail is successful then Subrata will gain a lot of money from commercials with Red Bull I would suspect. I know that is what Thierry is doing in America and France. Rafa Marquez is huge for NY Red Bulls in Mexico. </div>
  • I think he should ply his trade first in Leipzig and then put in some incredible performances to get noticed by the Bundesliga teams. I think Bundesliga is the most friendly league for Asian players in europe. He should aim for Bundesliga and nothing else, not even EPL or la Liga. Germany have some of the best GKs in the world and to train with those coaches will raise his game to another level. I hope to see Subrata in a Bundesliga team in 2 years where he will be in the prime age of 27. I have more faith in him making this jump than Chettri or any other player now.
  • I think he should ply his trade first in Leipzig and then put in some incredible performances to get noticed by the Bundesliga teams. I think Bundesliga is the most friendly league for Asian players in europe. He should aim for Bundesliga and nothing else, not even EPL or la Liga. Germany have some of the best GKs in the world and to train with those coaches will raise his game to another level. I hope to see Subrata in a Bundesliga team in 2 years where he will be in the prime age of 27. I have more faith in him making this jump than Chettri or any other player now.

<br><div><br></div><div>Agree. Subrata needs to establish himself at Red Bull first although I have a feeling that Red Bull will likely send him to Austria to play for Red Bull Salzburg.</div>