Unknown Players

Comments

• Krishanu Banerjee
    Position : Winger (who just not crosses but tries to cut in)

Played last season for BNR (Kolkata league)

After good performances, he was called by Desmond Bulpin to the Arrows squad
    But the squad size is so big that he just got 1 game against Mumbai Fc where he did decently well. Now he has left Arrows, will play in Santosh Trophy for Railways.

This goal was scored in Kolkata league last season against Mohun Bagan -

He (jersey 7; left wing), takes the ball past two defenders, passes and then again receives to slot in the ball perfectly.

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    WoW! Such a talent gets wasted (should we say?). It reminded me of Krishanu De who I hear was a great talent of contemporary times. Unfortunately never saw him play coz I started following Indian football around the time he died untimely. Some of the elder members on this forum must have seen him playing
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    seems like a good young player and should try his luck at mid-table clubs for him to prove then may make it to some top clubs....
    may be some view from some of us in forum like @sabir or @projectonator will help us get a better know how about him
  • Krishanu is now a free agent and is looking for a club. He will get a kolkata league club as he has lots of experience in Kolkata league but he is looking for a bigger break. Let's hope the lower table i league clubs sign him.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    His move is bit unconnventional, he suprised by almost moving squarely but I liked most his finishing - a body faint and placing the ball other side. Hope he will be in good team. Joining Railway may secure a job but that it will be an end of dream to be a professional player.

@ Somesh ...Krishanu Dey was in his peak in late 80s. I am fortunately old enough (31now ) to see him. His playing was like drawing with a brush on a canvas. When PSV Eindhoven played against IFA XI (after beating national team 7-0 and 8-1) they praised his razor sharp left foot though they won by 4-0. I still can remeber him dribbling through three dutch players.
  • Maybe this guys will be snapped by either United Sikkim or Royal Wahingdoh after they get promoted.

;)
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    sabir wrote:
    His move is bit unconnventional, he suprised by almost moving squarely but I liked most his finishing - a body faint and placing the ball other side. Hope he will be in good team. Joining Railway may secure a job but that it will be an end of dream to be a professional player.

I am in touch with this guy. He says he is willing to leave his job for a i league club. Lets see if he can make it.

P.S. He is looking for footage of Arrows vs Mumbai FC game (3rd Dec, 2011), which was telecasted. He says he played well there, and would be helpful for promoting himself.

Another thing, he has also played against HAL. so two games this season.. But i think arrows had way too many wingers, so clearly badly recruited team early this season.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    rudra wrote:
    sabir wrote:

I am in touch with this guy. He says he is willing to leave his job for a i league club. Lets see if he can make it.

P.S. He is looking for footage of Arrows vs Mumbai FC game (3rd Dec, 2011), which was telecasted. He says he played well there, and would be helpful for promoting himself.

Another thing, he has also played against HAL. so two games this season.. But i think arrows had way too many wingers, so clearly badly recruited team early this season.

@rudra: you trying your luck to become football agent or something??with some really internal news i doubt it
  • How old is he. He may want to think about trying out with Pailan Arrows again. If I was him I would keep my options at RWFC, USFC, Air India (if they stay, unlikely), Mumbai FC or Shillong Lajong. He can get good playing time there.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    shankar wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    sabir wrote:

@rudra: you trying your luck to become football agent or something??with some really internal news i doubt it

No I have no intention. in terms of football, at best I can try to be an amateur writer. My commitment to my academic career is fixed #:-S