Unknown Players

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    hey bro most of these players are known to us. this thread is for mainly for players who are doing well in the regional league because the regional league donot gather much attention from us..... and welcome to the forum projenator
  • hey bro most of these players are known to us. this thread is for mainly for players who are doing well in the regional league because the regional league donot gather much attention from us..... and welcome to the forum projenator

It doesn't matter whether any forum member knows them or not. Until and unless they get a call up from the national selectors or coach in spite of their consistently reasonable performance, that player remains unknown to the majority of Indian population in spite of being well known to people of a couple states at most. The ones I mentioned have been playing reasonably well for years and have carved out a reputation for themselves in the club scene but the parochial selection policies of the national federation have denied them a place in the national side, hence my effort to highlight them.

and OH YES, I have been following Indian football since those days when there was no TV and radio or physically going to the stadium was the only way to catch up on the sport since football runs in my family, my dad was a soccer coach himself, albeit part time. I was not aware of this forum until you guys showed up on facebook advertisement, so I am a newbie here. Thanks for the warm welcome !
  • Just to refresh the rules of this forum...
    1) Talk about unknown I-League players (from lower clubs)
    2) Talk about regional players
    3) Talk about unknown youth players (from any I-League and regional club)

Any talk about Sunil Chhetri and what not is not acceptible unless used as an example or comparision
    hey bro most of these players are known to us. this thread is for mainly for players who are doing well in the regional league because the regional league donot gather much attention from us..... and welcome to the forum projenator

It doesn't matter whether any forum member knows them or not. Until and unless they get a call up from the national selectors or coach in spite of their consistently reasonable performance, that player remains unknown to the majority of Indian population in spite of being well known to people of a couple states at most. The ones I mentioned have been playing reasonably well for years and have carved out a reputation for themselves in the club scene but the parochial selection policies of the national federation have denied them a place in the national side, hence my effort to highlight them.
    yeah have to agree with what you said about them being unknown to majority of Indian who don't follow the i league closely but majority of the active forum users follow the i league closely and would like to know more about player who are not playing in the i league and playing well especially in the regional league. By the way the synopsis of the players you gave for each players were great.....
  • hey bro most of these players are known to us. this thread is for mainly for players who are doing well in the regional league because the regional league donot gather much attention from us..... and welcome to the forum projenator

yeah have to agree with what you said about them being unknown to majority of Indian who don't follow the i league closely but majority of the active forum users follow the i league closely and would like to know more about player who are not playing in the i league and playing well especially in the regional league. By the way the synopsis of the players you gave for each players were great.....

There's a much bigger role for a forum like this than what is being estimated. I have been on several forums for years, including the moderation panel(where I can monitor IP addresses) and you won't imagine how many people browse the forum before joining it. Some never join but continue to read from the sidelines. Since I have been following Indian football for more than a decade, I can tell you only recently has it evinced some interest, that too pretty moderate. Other than a couple states or maybe just a couple clubs ( before Lajong came along ) there was not a single entity that could draw crowds. That way 2011 can be called a year of resurgence in Indian football, hope this continues.

Given that a couple corporates had to shut shop, its very evident that football is not a popular game in the country by any means, no wonder the funds crunch in youth development because most corporates will question to what end are they going to develop youth if that doesn't fetch any returns. In India the student loan system is not there where the money being spent on you during your developmental stage is just a loan and once you are full fledged professional, you are required to pay back with interest. I am saying all this to explain that from a corporate perspective there's no dividend to develop football at the grassroots in most of the country since there's no market for football. And trust me, its at least another decade, that too if everything goes right, that India can jostle for a place among football powerhouses in Asia, add to that another couple decades for the world stage. If all this has to happen for the crowds to come out in droves and the corporate investments to follow, it will remain this catch 22 situation for ever. Meanwhile not sure if you are aware, Americans are so motivated by the acceptability of American culture among the Indian yuppie class that they are putting in a lot of money to push American football and basketball in the country in partnership with some Indian corporates like Mahindra, so football(soccer) is not bereft of competition.

That where forums like this can help make football more popular among the yuppie class who not only have the money but are ever ready to part with it in the name of higher living standards because the Americans told them so. The target audience we should try to serve are the ones who haven't heard of the Ravinders and the Gurwinders and the Densons and the Lesters in addition to the Sumit Oraons and the Usman Ashiks, who trust me, has a long hard way to go which includes a strong probability of not even making it, ever. For e.g. some one reads about sumit oraon on this forum and then tries to find out which club he is associated in the I league he won't find any, gone is your effort to turn sumit from "unknown" to "known".

In my opinion, the forum should aim for a much higher cause of popularizing football among the yuppie Indians (so that corporates are more interested) than a motley bunch of football nerds babbling amongst themselves at the risk of sounding Greek to the uninitiated.
  • I had my eyes glued on Usman Ashik in Chirag Kerala's match against KEB yesterday.

Positives.
    1. Rarely mispasses, can hold onto the ball. I was so happy to see him pass accurately since that's the kind of player Indian football needs today even if it has to take one baby step ahead.
    2. Tall, has a long stride
    3. Great presence of mind. I was very impressed the way he nudged the ball forward a bit with a controlled stroke just to get Opara on the wrong foot.

Negatives.
    1. Needs to bulk up, his thighs lack muscle which means lack of power in shooting.
    2. Needs to stretch the defence to the full and fire in crosses, he starts cutting in around the middle third which makes him very predictable

All in all, a good catch for Pailan Arrows at this point.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    I had my eyes glued on Usman Ashik in Chirag Kerala's match against KEB yesterday.

Positives.
    1. Rarely mispasses, can hold onto the ball. I was so happy to see him pass accurately since that's the kind of player Indian football needs today even if it has to take one baby step ahead.
    2. Tall, has a long stride
    3. Great presence of mind. I was very impressed the way he nudged the ball forward a bit with a controlled stroke just to get Opara on the wrong foot.

Negatives.
    1. Needs to bulk up, his thighs lack muscle which means lack of power in shooting.
    2. Needs to stretch the defence to the full and fire in crosses, he starts cutting in around the middle third which makes him very predictable

All in all, a good catch for Pailan Arrows at this point.

Physically he'll improve,just 19 years old.
    what is your real name projenator if you dont mind?
    There's a much bigger role for a forum like this than what is being estimated. I have been on several forums for years, including the moderation panel(where I can monitor IP addresses) and you won't imagine how many people browse the forum before joining it. Some never join but continue to read from the sidelines. Since I have been following Indian football for more than a decade, I can tell you only recently has it evinced some interest, that too pretty moderate. Other than a couple states or maybe just a couple clubs ( before Lajong came along ) there was not a single entity that could draw crowds. That way 2011 can be called a year of resurgence in Indian football, hope this continues.

Given that a couple corporates had to shut shop, its very evident that football is not a popular game in the country by any means, no wonder the funds crunch in youth development because most corporates will question to what end are they going to develop youth if that doesn't fetch any returns. In India the student loan system is not there where the money being spent on you during your developmental stage is just a loan and once you are full fledged professional, you are required to pay back with interest. I am saying all this to explain that from a corporate perspective there's no dividend to develop football at the grassroots in most of the country since there's no market for football. And trust me, its at least another decade, that too if everything goes right, that India can jostle for a place among football powerhouses in Asia, add to that another couple decades for the world stage. If all this has to happen for the crowds to come out in droves and the corporate investments to follow, it will remain this catch 22 situation for ever. Meanwhile not sure if you are aware, Americans are so motivated by the acceptability of American culture among the Indian yuppie class that they are putting in a lot of money to push American football and basketball in the country in partnership with some Indian corporates like Mahindra, so football(soccer) is not bereft of competition.

That where forums like this can help make football more popular among the yuppie class who not only have the money but are ever ready to part with it in the name of higher living standards because the Americans told them so. The target audience we should try to serve are the ones who haven't heard of the Ravinders and the Gurwinders and the Densons and the Lesters in addition to the Sumit Oraons and the Usman Ashiks, who trust me, has a long hard way to go which includes a strong probability of not even making it, ever. For e.g. some one reads about sumit oraon on this forum and then tries to find out which club he is associated in the I league he won't find any, gone is your effort to turn sumit from "unknown" to "known".

In my opinion, the forum should aim for a much higher cause of popularizing football among the yuppie Indians (so that corporates are more interested) than a motley bunch of football nerds babbling amongst themselves at the risk of sounding Greek to the uninitiated.
    sorry about this post so late but i had lost track about this thread:-
    List of Players who deserve National Team Call-Up
    <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.indianfootballnetwork.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=242"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=69&t=242</a><!-- l -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    There's this guy from Mohun Bagan who impressed in a Kolkata league game - Manish Bhargav. Any one wanna shed some light about him?