Tactics of Indian National Football Team

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    @gaffertape : if you watched the initial matches of mumbai fc, you would have witnessed how good he is in playing possession football, with which only they defeated
    air india in first match, then they were to play against some top teams(i guess 4 oif top 5 were next matches) and they were thrashed because of the lack of players ability to hold ball for longer time....
    so was the reason khalid jamil was forced to get to defensive/ negative football(whatever may you call it) to survive in the league...because all they are now thinking is to play the coming season before the home crowds
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Khalid Jamil is a good coach unfortunately with a shit team Mumbai FC,their owners suck man they are barely interested to sign players.Also no pre season for them
    I hope atleast from next season Mumbai FC take some interest.

Khalid Jamil tactics change depending on size of ground,but generally he likes direct football but it at least makes sense cause they have physical players and play in a small sized Cooperage ground.
  • ashindia wrote:
    Khalid Jamil is a good coach unfortunately with a shit team Mumbai FC,their owners suck man they are barely interested to sign players.Also no pre season for them
    I hope atleast from next season Mumbai FC take some interest.

Khalid Jamil tactics change depending on size of ground,but generally he likes direct football but it at least makes sense cause they have physical players and play in a small sized Cooperage ground.

Jamil and the owners are being held back because of other expenses like rent for the Balewadi. Like I said before Mumbai FC is also paying for Air India.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    somesh wrote:
    If Mohun Bagan are back in title run it is because of Odafa regaining his full fitness. Zero credit to Subrata Bhattacharya.

ZERO CREDIT to Subrata!!!! hmmmmm......

Subrata's match reading is one of the bests in Indian football... Look at the MB defense, how it was and how it is now?

And for those who say he has negative tactics or direct style of play, I would that's not a problem. Who said that playing passing football is only tactics.... You need to evolve based on your opponents and the players you have. Mohun Bagan don't have too many creative players.

As for his TV comments, that's true, as I said he is controversial, but that has nothing to do with his coaching abilities.

If Subrata wouldn't have abilities he won't have done above expectations season after season.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    rudra wrote:
    somesh wrote:
    If Mohun Bagan are back in title run it is because of Odafa regaining his full fitness. Zero credit to Subrata Bhattacharya.

ZERO CREDIT to Subrata!!!! hmmmmm......

Subrata's match reading is one of the bests in Indian football... Look at the MB defense, how it was and how it is now?

And for those who say he has negative tactics or direct style of play, I would that's not a problem. Who said that playing passing football is only tactics.... You need to evolve based on your opponents and the players you have. Mohun Bagan don't have too many creative players.

As for his TV comments, that's true, as I said he is controversial, but that has nothing to do with his coaching abilities.

If Subrata wouldn't have abilities he won't have done above expectations season after season.

Which defense are you talking about? You need to check your record books once again. In the past 14 matches they have played, only 3 times they have managed a clean slate. 2 of them were home matches and the 3rd one was against Shillong Lajong FC away match which they drew 0-0 anyway. One of the 2 matches was against poor Pailan duds.

In the 11 matches they let in 18 goals including 2 by HAL (!), 2 by PFC, 2 by SCG, 4 by Prayag and many more.

If that is a sign of improved defense for Bagan, I would be seriously worried =))

I would reiterate, Bagan is in top3 only because of Odafa getting fit. Even in the matches where oppositions scored freely, it was he who managed some points.

As far as Subrata's ability as a coach is concerned, I better don't talk about it.. :((
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    PS: I didn't include the 5-0 drubbing by Dempo :))
  • somesh wrote:
    PS: I didn't include the 5-0 drubbing by Dempo :))

SNAP!!!! Good one @somesh

Made my day.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    This no way to analyse results Somesh. Let me give u a better view.

Lets start with this - Central Defenders MB have/had (or have been used) - Anwar, Kingshuk, Daljit, Zeleny/Storey-So we all know how shitty it is, and this was made by officials and the team given to Darby and then Subrata...

Now, accepting they have a shitty defense, lets see the results -

DARBY in Fed Cup

Mohun Bagan played against Royals (2nd div), Lajong (newly promoted), Churchill (Good team).

3 games - 7 goals conceded. 1 point gained
    Avg goal conceded/game = 2.3333

Ok now comes I league and Subrata gets the team which is low moral, shitty and new coach has no time. To check the improvements (if any) lets look at sets of 5 matches together -

I League first 5 games -
    Arrows, Dempo, Chirag, Churchill, MFC

5 games - 8 goals. At this phase that 5-0 thrashing against Dempo came (2nd game under Subrata)
    Avg goal conceded/game = 1.6

nxt 5 -
    EB, HAL, SCG, Prayag, Lajong

5 games - 6 goals.
    Avg goal conceded/game = 1.2

nxt 5 - Salgaocar, Air India, Punefc, SCG, Churchill

5 games - 7 goals
    avg goal conceded/game = 1.4

nxt 5 -
    SCG, Prayag, Arrows, Chirag, EB

5 GAMES - 5 GOALS
    avg goal conceded/game = 1

So, in Subrata's reign in every 5 match if we see the avg goal conceded having the SAME SHITTY DEFENCE -

before him it was 2.333

One can see improvements, right?
    secondly, this is just one aspect, in terms of results u surely can see this.

Important to remember MB has one of the worst defense line up in the top half of i league. Similar analysis required for results? goals scored? and other stuff?
  • rudra wrote:
    This no way to analyse results Somesh. Let me give u a better view.

Lets start with this - Central Defenders MB have/had (or have been used) - Anwar, Kingshuk, Daljit, Zeleny/Storey-So we all know how shitty it is, and this was made by officials and the team given to Darby and then Subrata...

Now, accepting they have a shitty defense, lets see the results -

DARBY in Fed Cup

Mohun Bagan played against Royals (2nd div), Lajong (newly promoted), Churchill (Good team).

3 games - 7 goals conceded. 1 point gained
    Avg goal conceded/game = 2.3333

Ok now comes I league and Subrata gets the team which is low moral, shitty and new coach has no time. To check the improvements (if any) lets look at sets of 5 matches together -

I League first 5 games -
    Arrows, Dempo, Chirag, Churchill, MFC

5 games - 8 goals. At this phase that 5-0 thrashing against Dempo came (2nd game under Subrata)
    Avg goal conceded/game = 1.6

nxt 5 -
    EB, HAL, SCG, Prayag, Lajong

5 games - 6 goals.
    Avg goal conceded/game = 1.2

nxt 5 - Salgaocar, Air India, Punefc, SCG, Churchill

5 games - 7 goals
    avg goal conceded/game = 1.4

nxt 5 -
    SCG, Prayag, Arrows, Chirag, EB

5 GAMES - 5 GOALS
    avg goal conceded/game = 1

So, in Subrata's reign in every 5 match if we see the avg goal conceded having the SAME SHITTY DEFENCE -

before him it was 2.333

One can see improvements, right?
    secondly, this is just one aspect, in terms of results u surely can see this.

Important to remember MB has one of the worst defense line up in the top half of i league. Similar analysis required for results? goals scored? and other stuff?

You are comparing 3 games to that.

• can you imagine BLUE TIGERS playing ONE TOUCH game?
    which affordable coaches can specialize in that field?
    what is the requirement to players to switch over to this style?
    will it give us the desired results?

example german team of 2006 WC under jurgen klinsmann