Tactics of Indian National Football Team

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    This no way to analyse results Somesh. Let me give u a better view.

Lets start with this - Central Defenders MB have/had (or have been used) - Anwar, Kingshuk, Daljit, Zeleny/Storey-So we all know how shitty it is, and this was made by officials and the team given to Darby and then Subrata...

Now, accepting they have a shitty defense, lets see the results -

DARBY in Fed Cup

Mohun Bagan played against Royals (2nd div), Lajong (newly promoted), Churchill (Good team).

3 games - 7 goals conceded. 1 point gained
    Avg goal conceded/game = 2.3333

Ok now comes I league and Subrata gets the team which is low moral, shitty and new coach has no time. To check the improvements (if any) lets look at sets of 5 matches together -

I League first 5 games -
    Arrows, Dempo, Chirag, Churchill, MFC

5 games - 8 goals. At this phase that 5-0 thrashing against Dempo came (2nd game under Subrata)
    Avg goal conceded/game = 1.6

nxt 5 -
    EB, HAL, SCG, Prayag, Lajong

5 games - 6 goals.
    Avg goal conceded/game = 1.2

nxt 5 - Salgaocar, Air India, Punefc, SCG, Churchill

5 games - 7 goals
    avg goal conceded/game = 1.4

nxt 5 -
    SCG, Prayag, Arrows, Chirag, EB

5 GAMES - 5 GOALS
    avg goal conceded/game = 1

So, in Subrata's reign in every 5 match if we see the avg goal conceded having the SAME SHITTY DEFENCE -

before him it was 2.333

One can see improvements, right?
    secondly, this is just one aspect, in terms of results u surely can see this.

Important to remember MB has one of the worst defense line up in the top half of i league. Similar analysis required for results? goals scored? and other stuff?

You are comparing 3 games to that.

Ok forget about 3 games...but that says how shitty the defence was initially...and the teams they lost were Royals and Lajong. Mohun Bagan began the season as no hopers. BUT just compare Subrata's track record with time, the defence has tightened up, and we found a guy called Kingshuk Debnath, who was also there last season, but how many knew him? Compare all the defense line ups in the top teams and you will see on paper MB's is the most shitty and whenever someone has injury its a major crisis without any good cover...

• indian_goonerindian_gooner 3409 Points
    edited July 2012
    for nehru cup..my choice--4-2-2-1-1<br>                                                SUBRATA<div>  </div><div>           ROWILSON          GOURMANGI           NABI            RAJU</div><div><br></div><div>                    </div><div>                           DENSON                     DIDIKA/SANJU</div><div>  </div><div>                 ALWYN                                                   JEWEL</div><div> </div><div>                                </div><div>                                  JEJE</div><div>                                                   SUNIL            </div><div>       </div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    My Starting 11 for Nehru Cup:- 4-2-3-1<br>                                                                  Subrata                                                                 <br>            Nirmal                            Gourmangi/Shouvik                          Raju                        Nabi<br>                                                     Mehtab/Rocus                     Milan/Denson                              <br>                Sanju                                             Alwyn                                             Dika/Olivera<br>                                                                     Sunil<br><br>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    My Starting 11 for Nehru Cup:- 4-2-3-1<br>                                                                  Subrata                                                                 <br>            Nirmal                            Gourmangi/khelemba                          Raju                        Nabi<br>                                                     Mehtab                              Rocus/baldeep                            <br>                Sanju                                            Sunil                                             Dika<br>                                                                     jeje<br><br><br>
  • I would go with a 4-3-1-2<div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Subrata Paul<br><div><br></div><div>Don't really know much about the defenders except that Nabi is a beast so I would put him at LB like everyone else has</div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Mehtab Hussain</span></div><div><br></div><div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Jewel Raja<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Didika</div><div><br></div><div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Alwyn George<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span></div></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Robin Singh<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Sunil Chettri</div><div><br></div><div>I put Robin ahead of Jeje only because Jeje was injured and may not be in full form and Robin should be given a chance since he really fits the mold of a striker. The only other doubts I had was perhaps Abranches in Jewel Raja's position but Jewel is a better midfielder and Abranches is quicker and better scorer. And also Sanju Pradhan can be brought in for either Didika or Jewel as a sub if the former are not playing well.</div><div>I have no doubts about Chettri, Alwyn, Mehtab, Nabi, and Subrata.</div><div>We can give Gurpreet some chance in the sticks as well depending on how we are playing. </div><div>Mehtab is not really a defensive mid but he likes to run with the ball and has good stamina so I figured he can run back and help the defense.</div>
  • I would go with a 4-3-1-2<div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Subrata Paul<br><div><br></div><div>Don't really know much about the defenders except that Nabi is a beast so I would put him at LB like everyone else has</div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Mehtab Hussain</span></div><div><br></div><div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Jewel Raja<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Didika</div><div><br></div><div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Alwyn George<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span></div></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Robin Singh<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Sunil Chettri</div><div><br></div><div>I put Robin ahead of Jeje only because Jeje was injured and may not be in full form and Robin should be given a chance since he really fits the mold of a striker. The only other doubts I had was perhaps Abranches in Jewel Raja's position but Jewel is a better midfielder and Abranches is quicker and better scorer. And also Sanju Pradhan can be brought in for either Didika or Jewel as a sub if the former are not playing well.</div><div>I have no doubts about Chettri, Alwyn, Mehtab, Nabi, and Subrata.</div><div>We can give Gurpreet some chance in the sticks as well depending on how we are playing. </div><div>Mehtab is not really a defensive mid but he likes to run with the ball and has good stamina so I figured he can run back and help the defense.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Jeje seems to be back to full form as seen by the AFC U22 Qualifiers. Robin Singh is overrated.</div>
  • aamirakram_19aamirakram_19 0 Points
    edited July 2012
    I thought he was used as a super-sub.<div>And how is Robin Singh overrated if he didn't play for the Indian senior team?</div><div>He deserves a chance.Both Sunil and Jeje are below 5-10. </div><div>Singh is 6-2, has good aerial ability, is quick, and has a strong shooting (left) foot.</div><div>That's what you want in a striker. Jeje is the rooney type but Singh is the RVP type.</div><div>Coincidence that they share the same first name.</div>
  • I thought he was used as a super-sub.<div>And how is Robin Singh overrated if he didn't play for the Indian senior team?</div><div>He deserves a chance.Both Sunil and Jeje are below 5-10. </div><div>Singh is 6-2, has good aerial ability, is quick, and has a strong shooting (left) foot.</div><div>That's what you want in a striker. Jeje is the rooney type but Singh is the RVP type.</div><div>Coincidence that they share the same first name.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Get ready for injuries then LOL.</div><div><br></div><div>But really, Singh has done nothing for me to show he deserves a chance. He is hyped up. He may do well in CFL but nothing in I-League has proved he is worth it.</div>
  • Haha, good one.<div>I saw few of his highlight reels and he showed flashes of brilliance.</div><div>Also remember that he is playing under the shadow of Tolgay who is an absolute beast so I think it's unfair to judge him in that situation. Also some players are completely different when they play for country vs club so all I am saying is  he deserves a chance. We should not regret that we could have had another dimension to our attack.</div><div>If Sunil gets crowded out as teams probably researched him by now, Singh can bail him out.</div><div>Jeje is a better striker for NT overall and if he is 100% fit then play him but even then sub in Robin at 60 mins for either striker. It also gives competition in the team which always raises each player's level. </div><div>Other tall strikers we've had had weak shots because their legs were skinny but this guy is built and can unleash a cracker. He honestly reminds me of the other Robin.</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Haha, good one.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I saw few of his highlight reels and he showed flashes of brilliance.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Also remember that he is playing under the shadow of Tolgay who is an absolute beast so I think it's unfair to judge him in that situation. Also some players are completely different when they play for country vs club so all I am saying is  he deserves a chance. We should not regret that we could have had another dimension to our attack.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">If Sunil gets crowded out as teams probably researched him by now, Singh can bail him out.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Jeje is a better striker for NT overall and if he is 100% fit then play him but even then sub in Robin at 60 mins for either striker. It also gives competition in the team which always raises each player's level. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Other tall strikers we've had had weak shots because their legs were skinny but this guy is built and can unleash a cracker. He honestly reminds me of the other Robin.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Its a nice assumption for Sunil but I doubt it will be like that for the Nehru Cup. The opposition will take Sunil lightly, not to lightly but it wont be a Messi thing where you have 4 guys on you. I want to see how Robin does without Tolgay. Till then, if fit, Jeje is the man.</font></div>