Tactics of Indian National Football Team

Comments

• Pedro GonzalesPedro Gonzales 223 Points
    edited July 2012
    This is a little tangential to NT tactics, but here goes anyway.<br><br>There is really nothing that Baan and the AIFF can do to 'force' the
    coaches to play possession football. They need to persuade them of the
    benefit of such a game in the long run, but most of our clubs clearly aren't
    looking at the long run. Otherwise we'd see a lot more academies and a lot fewer 2 crore contracts in the news.<br><br>I have no faith that most clubs will buy into this. I only expect PFC, USFC, Shillong Lajong, Dempo (who already do, anyway) and Salgaocar to buy in. Maybe MFC too. The others are too focused on the short term costs to realize the long term benefits of switching styles. They have selected their teams with a certain style and strategy in mind. Switching styles without switching their players could be suicidal.<br><br>I think the effort is a required one though. It needs to be reiterated every year so that at some point the teams eventually buy into it. In the meantime, target the academies (TFA, SESA, etc) and get them to focus on possession football. That way our players already have the right skill set that the national team and at least some of the I League teams are looking for.<br><br>One more thing, if the PSU teams are going to stay in the I-League, they may actually be a good market for Baan to target. It could be a quid pro quo - 'we will let you stay in the I League but you must start an academy and you must focus on possession football.' With their bank balances, this might actually work out better for Indian football than some of the established clubs.<br><br>Finally, I think it's about time for you guys to give up on the IMG deal. I gave up on it the moment they hired Nita Ambani as the CEO of Reliance IMG. That showed to me how much importance Reliance placed on this deal. It's basically time-pass for them.Something to keep Mukesh's wife happy. Having her run the Mumbai Indians is one thing (that franchise basically runs itself in cricket crazy India), but she would actually need to do some work to run the I League.<br>
    munna219777
  • Agree with everything except for PSUs... PSUs should go period (You know me :) )<div><br></div><div>As for IMG, I agree with that. Did not know about the new CEO but from what I heard from you and others they seem to not care and just use us for the ride. Sadly I dont know if we can end our contract. We would need to buy it out. Can we get a company to buy them out.</div>
  • Agree with everything except for PSUs... PSUs should go period (You know me :) )<div><br></div><div>As for IMG, I agree with that. Did not know about the new CEO but from what I heard from you and others they seem to not care and just use us for the ride. Sadly I dont know if we can end our contract. We would need to buy it out. Can we get a company to buy them out.</div>

<br><br>How many crores was it? I don't think i have enough in my bank account just yet.<br>

<br><br>How many crores was it? I don't think i have enough in my bank account just yet.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>15 years - 700 crores. Nothing much. :p</div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    everyone start contributing.....<br>
  • I think we can all agree that the AIFF sold there sole when they signed with IMG.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

For those who are more interested in football tactics, read this article which explains why 4-2-3-1 is one of the formations which took over 4-4-2

The Question: why has 4-4-2 been superseded by 4-2-3-1?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2008/dec/18/4231-442-tactics-jonathan-wilson

Once sides had started using their playmaker as a second striker – a trend that emerged at the 1986 World Cup – the coming of 4-2-3-1 was inevitable. Initially a holding midfielder would be deployed to pick him up – hence the late-nineties boom in players capable of playing the Makelele role – at which point the deep-lying forward would start drifting wide to find space. If the holding player followed him, that created space in the middle, so an additional player would be dropped deeper as cover, with knock-on effects for the more attacking midfielders.

• now that we have started playing friendlies on FIFA matchdays, things have changed, there will be no 2-3 weeks camps with pool of players, instead all players will be monitored on the i league performance for their clubs...every nation does like this...so what crieria we should follow?

some players may play good for their country than club, should they be selected on the basis of past glory..some play exceptionally for clubs but are flops for their country should we include them? 

• amongst the current crop of indian players who are the 3 best direct free kick taker according to u all??