Tactics of Indian National Football Team

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

The way khabra is playing and recently TJM also using him more in the righ back. In near future he chould seriusly chalenge for NT call up as a right back.

• make nabi a holding midfielder instead of left back

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> indian_gooner said:
    > make nabi a holding midfielder instead of left back

why? he is not known for that position
  • coz he has the ability to play since he makes forward runs very often..

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> indian_gooner said:
    > coz he has the ability to play since he makes forward runs very often..

i think you misunderstand the concept of holding midfielder....
    he dont need to have attacking instinct... 

holding midfielder is the one who holds team together and connects attack and defense...

i dont think nabi will be good enough in that position 
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points

Nabi is best as Winger because of his attacking instinct and pace. Bhowmick will be better for holding midfielder. 

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited April 2017
    Reviving this old thread on how India NT should employ tactics. Long Ball or Not !!!!

Playing styles are constantly evolving. Even the Long ball is not the Long Ball of bygone era. Top Foreign club coaches in England have brought more Posession into the Long Ball Brand played in England.

In my recent memory, 2014 World Cup when Netherlands decimated tiki-taka Spain 5-1. Louis Van Gaal employed Long Ball Technique for the Netherlands Team. It was effective, it was beautiful.

Dutch have included Long Ball into their style, Barcelona has included more Total Football in their tiki taka style and English have brought more possession in their playing regimen.

One thing many coaches say is that under Defensive Pressure, Long Ball is the way to go. Amal Dutta was a famous coach for his Diamond System-  once when Mohun Bagan was playing a Foreign club in I think either DCM Trophy or Asian Club Championship, he told his players to forget Diamond system. He put Chima Okerie in front and employed Long Ball strategy.

One more point I can add here is that Clubs have a luxury to bring Foreign Players to change or strengthen their Playing Style which is difficult in the case of National Teams.
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    edited April 2017
    Netherlands succeed with long balls because they had the kind of players who are suited to play long balls 
    Players with great physique,pace etc 

That Van Persie's header was perfect use of Physique and pace 

In I-League the clubs have 2 physically stronger Africans/Aussie forwards upfront and hence used this style of play 

The long balls wouldn't be suitable when your forward line has 
    JEJE
    Jackie-Sunil-Udanta

Robin Singh and passi though have good physique are shit

And it was completely evident from the matches against Cambodia and Myanmar how we struggled to keep the balls with our selves

We never scored from a long ball in those matches
    munna219777deepakcCarbon_14goalkeeparsanvedjadhav
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited April 2017
    It will be harsh to say this but we lack the physical, mental and technical ability to play Tiki-Taka Football also. It is a complex science made possible due to superbly gifted players like Messi and company. Only few players like say Suarez could walk into that system, again due to superb ability.
    Just see how high tempo Barcelona plays, pressurise the opponents high up in the field.
    “You win the ball back when there are 30 metres to their goal, not 80.” (Guardiola 2009)
    Such creativity, endurance, playmaker ability cannot be created in any team just like that. It will take a generation to make even a decent attempt.

Our height is small, lets play Tiki-Taka will lead us to Koevarmans type results - loss to Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan.

https://www.passion4fm.com/tactical-analysis-of-the-barcelona-tiki-taka-playing-style/

https://www.passion4fm.com/football-manager-barcelona-tiki-taka-tactics-emulating-pep-guardiolas-positional-play/

ashindiaCarbon_14sanvedjadhavsparta
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    I totally agree with that 
    We must find a  style which suits us 

Probably a mixture of long and short passes
    We must keep the ball with ourselves much longer and utilize our midfielders and wingers which Stephen Constantine failed to do in the last 2 games 

munna219777deepakc