Who would you like India to play in the future?

Comments

• I meant in actual good quality defenders. The only good ones I see are Okpara, Bello, Antun (a little), Luciano (a little), and Rohit. Plus Johnny is a striker and MFC player is a defender.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    I meant in actual good quality defenders. The only good ones I see are Okpara, Bello, Antun (a little), Luciano (a little), and Rohit. Plus Johnny is a striker and MFC player is a defender.

Johnny Plays in midfield. He is there creative force.

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    I meant in actual good quality defenders. The only good ones I see are Okpara, Bello, Antun (a little), Luciano (a little), and Rohit. Plus Johnny is a striker and MFC player is a defender.

Luciano is the best,he along with Khelemba are best defending partners in I-League.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    for indian strikers these defenders are more than good
    =((
  • rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    =((

Okay that is really underrating the Indian players, I know we overrate them but dont underrate them too.

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    =((

I can count number Indian forwards playing regularly just with my fingers in single hand. #:-S
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    You havent mention the Afghanistan captain who is playing for Mumbai FC. He is very good.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    sabir wrote:
    You havent mention the Afghanistan captain who is playing for Mumbai FC. He is very good.

thats the MFC player we are talking about
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    in hockey india plays the 5-3-2 format which says 5 forwards, 3 mids and 2 defenders
    we may have to see this format if we play foreigners 11 of our league...
    in footballing terms 2-3-5 or may be 3-3-5 ....i can see the scoreline now only
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    I seriously think India should play with local teams than this costly exposure trips for a couple of years. Just let the opponent have 3 players extra i.e it is 11 vs 14 match. The biggest disease in our football is luggishness of our players. They take too much time to control or release the ball. They are not familiar with the speed in which the Korean, the japanese or even Thailand operate. These opponents close in too quickly for us. Naturally our players keep on losing possession by mispasses or just by holding too long in confusion. Now, one -two friendlies is not going to help anyway. We have to practice this 11vs 14 matches regularly to improve our pace, allertness, off the ball movement and passing. It is just a simulation of playing against Korea everyday because here also the opponent closes in quickly because of numerical supremacy. Select a U23 team, follow this above said trick for two years; I am sure we can see the improvement. They just have to be serious about what they are doing and why they are doing. And of course add a South African or Australian Physical trainer to improve their fitness to make them capable of it.