Who would you like India to play in the future?

Comments

• reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    sabir wrote:
    I seriously think India should play with local teams than this costly exposure trips for a couple of years. Just let the opponent have 3 players extra i.e it is 11 vs 14 match. The biggest disease in our football is luggishness of our players. They take too much time to control or release the ball. They are not familiar with the speed in which the Korean, the japanese or even Thailand operate. These opponents close in too quickly for us. Naturally our players keep on losing possession by mispasses or just by holding too long in confusion. Now, one -two friendlies is not going to help anyway. We have to practice this 11vs 14 matches regularly to improve our pace, allertness, off the ball movement and passing. It is just a simulation of playing against Korea everyday because here also the opponent closes in quickly because of numerical supremacy. Select a U23 team, follow this above said trick for two years; I am sure we can see the improvement. They just have to be serious about what they are doing and why they are doing. And of course add a South African or Australian Physical trainer to improve their fitness to make them capable of it.

+1

True, the sluggishness is major culprit. The training method you mentioned is great. But, the root cause is slow pace of NT is the pace of i-league. I feel very sad to mentioned that many foreigners like toglay, odafe, beto, etc. (who have not played in their respective NT) are fast than our NT players.

• sabirsabir 46 Points
    If all junior teams and academmies follow the method they will definitely improve. We have some young players with good natural pace like Sanju , Manirul (Md Sporting) or even Rafiq of Prayag United but they will lose it over time to adjust with the pace of the teams.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    That where the problem lies until the timing of the play is not changed to late evening, we can't expect these young players (with high pace) to continue play at same pace game after game in hot sun. This is bound to catch up sometime. Yeah, the idea you mentioned can be applied during training camps to atleast make the players to release ball quickly and increasing their passing accuracy under pressure.

Somewhere I read the avg touch time of Indian players is 3-3.5 sec compare to 1.1 - 1.5 sec in top footballing nations.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    we need a good fitness expert and even our players need motivation ,i dont know how many of them really push themselves
  • I think that the AIFF and I-League should try going to the Netherlands, Arsenal Academy and also to American to check out how the college league is done. Learn how they work, how they train. Maybe try haveing some IMG coaches to come to India to have a coaching corse. The coaches and youth coaches need to learn.
    goalkeepar
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    usaindia wrote:
    we need a good fitness expert and even our players need motivation ,i dont know how many of them really push themselves

That's one good think in Bob Houghton era...the players really were up for it, pushed hard...always seemed motivated by Bob
  • rudra wrote:
    usaindia wrote:

That's one good think in Bob Houghton era...the players really were up for it, pushed hard...always seemed motivated by Bob

Then Savio came with his expert diet. Coke and crisps all day!
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i think our whole football system needs overhaul
    need a modern manager or modern thinking manager,good physical trainer ,media director,marketing director
  • india v/s bosnia-herzengovina ??
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    india v/s bosnia-herzengovina ??

Dzeko will destroy India !!