Who would you like India to play in the future?

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">But again. We are aiming way to high. We should be aiming for at least 130 or above. I mean Morocco, Bulgaria, Canada, Togo and Ireland would kill us. Not sure about Macedonia.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Even Ghana is to much for India. Syria, yes. Afghan... lets not lower ourselves :p</font></div>
  • kshitij USFCkshitij USFC 250 Points
    edited August 2012
    yeah i agree we sud b @ atleast 130 for that but atleast playing one or two such team in one year will b ok. we will gt some publicity among indians(european footy fans) along with thrashing too. :p
  • yeah i agree we sud b @ atleast 130 for that.but atleast playing one or two such team in one year will b ok. we will gt some publicity among indians(european footy fans) along with thrashing too. :p

<br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">We played in the AFC Asian Cup against Australia and South Korea, two teams ranked in the top 30 in the world (back then). How long did the publicity last? What improvements have we seen? The only person in the end that gained from that was Subrata Pal and its not as if he was not known before the Asian Cup as well. </div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div>We think these matches will get us publicity but that will only happen if we win, we dont win then yes publicity will happen but it will be short lived. I mean we played <b>Bayern Munich</b> in January... how big can you get?</div><div><br></div><div>The only way to get the media's attention is to gradually improve. Play against teams we can play. Stand up to our own size. Qualify for the AFC Challenge Cup. Win the AFC Challenge Cup (Note: North Korea wont be there most likely) and qualify for the AFC Asian Cup in 2015. That is it. </div><div><br></div><div>Playing against bigger opposition and losing wont do anything. Like I said on that other thread, let us crawl before we walk. </div>
  • yeah i agree we sud b @ atleast 130 for that.but atleast playing one or two such team in one year will b ok. we will gt some publicity among indians(european footy fans) along with thrashing too. :p

<br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">We played in the AFC Asian Cup against Australia and South Korea, two teams ranked in the top 30 in the world (back then). How long did the publicity last? What improvements have we seen? The only person in the end that gained from that was Subrata Pal and its not as if he was not known before the Asian Cup as well. </div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div>We think these matches will get us publicity but that will only happen if we win, we dont win then yes publicity will happen but it will be short lived. I mean we played <b>Bayern Munich</b> in January... how big can you get?</div><div><br></div><div>The only way to get the media's attention is to gradually improve. Play against teams we can play. Stand up to our own size. Qualify for the AFC Challenge Cup. Win the AFC Challenge Cup (Note: North Korea wont be there most likely) and qualify for the AFC Asian Cup in 2015. That is it. </div><div><br></div><div>Playing against bigger opposition and losing wont do anything. Like I said on that other thread, let us crawl before we walk. </div>

sure u hv a point there.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">But again. We are aiming way to high. We should be aiming for at least 130 or above. I mean Morocco, Bulgaria, Canada, Togo and Ireland would kill us. Not sure about Macedonia.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Even Ghana is to much for India. Syria, yes. Afghan... lets not lower ourselves :p</font></div>

<br><br>Yes but Ghana can teach us a lot ,more like a nice painful summer camp for NT<br><br>And what about Ind-Pak matches?<br>
  • samiam wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">But again. We are aiming way to high. We should be aiming for at least 130 or above. I mean Morocco, Bulgaria, Canada, Togo and Ireland would kill us. Not sure about Macedonia.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Even Ghana is to much for India. Syria, yes. Afghan... lets not lower ourselves :p</font></div>

<br><br>Yes but Ghana can teach us a lot ,more like a nice painful summer camp for NT<br><br>And what about Ind-Pak matches?<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Ghana seems like a once a year thing. I mean, ya, we should play one big team per year (or 2) but not constantly. Ghana would run us over 3-0 with there pace.</div><div><br></div><div>A Pakistan series would be nice.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    india pakistan series will impact more than india against germany/spain /brazil or any top club....just because of the rivalry in all matters between the countries<div><br></div><div>I was really upset that the once scheduled tour had been called off</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    shankar wrote: »
    india pakistan series will impact more than india against germany/spain /brazil or any top club....just because of the rivalry in all matters between the countries</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I was really upset that the once scheduled tour had been called off</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">That depends. Remember we played Pakistan before in the AFC Challenge Cup Qualifiers. How did that work out?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">HOWEVER you can say that the match was at a neutral venue and thus takes the atmosphere away.</font></div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    shankar wrote: »
    india pakistan series will impact more than india against germany/spain /brazil or any top club....just because of the rivalry in all matters between the countries</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I was really upset that the once scheduled tour had been called off</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">That depends. Remember we played Pakistan before in the AFC Challenge Cup Qualifiers. How did that work out?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">HOWEVER you can say that the match was at a neutral venue and thus takes the atmosphere away.</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>A dedicated series is different from a match sandwiched between few other matches mainly when it is less influential for media to cover ......as also indians are more into series between two nations thanks to cricket so it will be good to organise a 2-3 match series which i am sure will be influential</div>
  • shankar wrote: »
    india pakistan series will impact more than india against germany/spain /brazil or any top club....just because of the rivalry in all matters between the countries<div><br></div><div>I was really upset that the once scheduled tour had been called off</div>

u mad bro??
    who cares about india vs pak series apart
    from some handful of indian football
    lovers n few
    pakistanis.
    when bayern played against india there was much much more hype.every single
    FB football group was discussing about
    that match.every european football
    loving fan who nevr had ny interest in
    our NT wished to watch see that match
    live in stadium though we Delhiites were the lucky ones.
    yes there is a rivalry factor n
    always will be but at end it's only a
    football match.
    cricket is a religion in india n pak
    too.it will b as same as a normal match xcept that here our pride is @ stake like
    in local derbies. yes we must play against pak but only
    once in 2-3 years. having some 3
    matches series will absolute waste of
    time.i wud rather have a 3 match series
    with nepal or afgans.