AFC U-22 Championship 2013 Qualifiers

Comments

• rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    @Rudra

I am sure Gurpreet will be the number 1 keeper at the AFC U22s. Soram should be #2.

As for the north-east... SLFC said they will start an Academy soon. Same with USFC. Royal has hinted to. Also the NPL will surely bring in players. They have an average age of 22 and a 15 year old who scores goals!

From his game I dont even expect him to be in the team... Naveen Kumar or Ravi Kumar of Arrows are much accomplished goalie to be honest

Yes but when you think about it the coach will go for Gurpreet because he plays for one of the best teams in India. A new coach wont have time to look at Naveen or Ravi so Gurpreet would be the automatic choice.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    @Rudra

I am sure Gurpreet will be the number 1 keeper at the AFC U22s. Soram should be #2.

As for the north-east... SLFC said they will start an Academy soon. Same with USFC. Royal has hinted to. Also the NPL will surely bring in players. They have an average age of 22 and a 15 year old who scores goals!

From his game I dont even expect him to be in the team... Naveen Kumar or Ravi Kumar of Arrows are much accomplished goalie to be honest

Yes but when you think about it the coach will go for Gurpreet because he plays for one of the best teams in India. A new coach wont have time to look at Naveen or Ravi so Gurpreet would be the automatic choice.

I didn't mean Gurpreet, I meant Soram

Gurpreet will be goalie no. 1, I am saying Soram won't be ahead of Naveen and Ravi Kumar...
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:

I didn't mean Gurpreet, I meant Soram

Gurpreet will be goalie no. 1, I am saying Soram won't be ahead of Naveen and Ravi Kumar...
    i see gurpreet as no 1 goalie for side with naveen as 2nd choice and could be a toss up between soram and ravi for the 3rd spot
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Interesting article on how players from Non-I League States were ignored :- http://dehradunfootball.com/fulldesc.php?story_id=1917
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    Interesting article on how players from Non-I League States were ignored :- http://dehradunfootball.com/fulldesc.php?story_id=1917

If such players were taken then in this forum ppl wud have complained why non i league players have been taken when regularly playing i league players have been ignored..maybe AIFF can manage a separate camp for them, supervised by Toal and Bann...

In any case players from different states who managed to get into i league and play well have been called
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited April 2012
    ashindia wrote:

a player named shehnawaz playing for jk bank is loaned now to i-league team because he impressed mumbai fc scouts....this is what is to be done by the players from non i-league states....you cant expect option everywhere sometime they should take the initiative to get their place in elites
    if the states players cant impress the i-league clubs then how can you expect them to impress national selection team, i wonder???
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    INDIA is too big a country to impress everyone.... no team selection will be ever perfect
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    meanwhile pakistan are camping in thailand and will play friendlies against thai senior and U22 teams.
    hope we also have some friendlies lined up before the qualifiers.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    trojan wrote:
    meanwhile pakistan are camping in thailand and will play friendlies against thai senior and U22 teams.
    hope we also have some friendlies lined up before the qualifiers.

Do they bring foreign based players for u22 also?