AFC U-22 Championship 2013 Qualifiers

Comments

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    rudra wrote:
    trojan wrote:
    meanwhile pakistan are camping in thailand and will play friendlies against thai senior and U22 teams.
    hope we also have some friendlies lined up before the qualifiers.

Do they bring foreign based players for u22 also?

trying to bring some but due to season ongoing some cant make it, we will also tour palestine in may where they are having an 8/9 nation tournament, another trip which our overseas players wont fancy so will have to be content whoever comes to pkn in the heat of june to join the camp...

i would fancy playing vs india u22s in june (1 or 2 games) but i guess you have much tougher group and would want tougher opponents...what are the prep plans for the boys other than few more weeks of i-league?
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Shah476 wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    trojan wrote:
    meanwhile pakistan are camping in thailand and will play friendlies against thai senior and U22 teams.
    hope we also have some friendlies lined up before the qualifiers.

Do they bring foreign based players for u22 also?

trying to bring some but due to season ongoing some cant make it, we will also tour palestine in may where they are having an 8/9 nation tournament, another trip which our overseas players wont fancy so will have to be content whoever comes to pkn in the heat of june to join the camp...

i would fancy playing vs india u22s in june (1 or 2 games) but i guess you have much tougher group and would want tougher opponents...what are the prep plans for the boys other than few more weeks of i-league?

I dont think aiff is so proactive enough to be prepared months before with many practise matches...they will think about it all in last 2 months somehow arranging some ASEAN teams are lower positioned west asian teams
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Pakistan's Football calender is different from India's.

AIFF's hands are tied,they can only prepare the team after I-League gets over.For now they must have finalized the 30 players for preparation camp ahead which should be announced in May.
  • I-League ends in May. The u22 qualifiers are not till the end of June.

Have I-League finish. Then select the top 30 u22 from the I-League only. Then have a 1 month camp in June which includes 2 friendlies. One against Pakistan and another against a Euro team. Then select the best 23 from the camp and off you go. Treat the qualifiers as the real tournament.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    We should have started the preparations in AFC Challenge Cup break itself,but AIFF sometimes is just too slow to plan.
  • I dont get it though. Why do that. Be professional about this. Have Robert Baan and Scott O'Donald watch I-League matches. Make sure they have a list of who the u22 players are in that game and what number they are wearing as well. Then at the end of the season compile a list of who the best players are and select them.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    I dont get it though. Why do that. Be professional about this. Have Robert Baan and Scott O'Donald watch I-League matches. Make sure they have a list of who the u22 players are in that game and what number they are wearing as well. Then at the end of the season compile a list of who the best players are and select them.
    This sounds the best idea and the fact that they would be watching would mean that every young lads got something to play for over here for full season rather than finalizing all probables pretty earlier
    remember the asian cup scene???many deserving players did missed the chance to make it to asian cup team just because the team was already finalised
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    I dont get it though. Why do that. Be professional about this. Have Robert Baan and Scott O'Donald watch I-League matches. Make sure they have a list of who the u22 players are in that game and what number they are wearing as well. Then at the end of the season compile a list of who the best players are and select them.
    This sounds the best idea and the fact that they would be watching would mean that every young lads got something to play for over here for full season rather than finalizing all probables pretty earlier
    remember the asian cup scene???many deserving players did missed the chance to make it to asian cup team just because the team was already finalised

Exactly. Plus just to counter other users on here who will say "What if Baan and Scott dont see matches"... well they have to, its there job! Plus Baan has already said he has seen matches.
  • BTW What 2nd Division players do you guys think should make the u22 squad.

1) Satiyasen Singh (21 years) (Royal Wahingdoh)
    2) Jackichand Singh (20 years) (Royal Wahingdoh)
    3) Michael (18 years) (Aizawl)
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    some team like airindia or mumbai should sign these guys