Other Sports

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/sports/sweet-16-sensational-manu-bhaker-strikes-successive-second-gold-in-issf-world-cup/articleshow/63181329.cms

Sweet 16! Sensational Manu Bhaker strikes successive second gold in ISSF World Cup

The sensational Manu Bhaker, all of 16, shot her way to a second successive gold medal in a mixed team event as India consolidated their position at the top in the ISSF World Cup in Guadalajara, Mexico. 

Partnering Om Prakash Mitharval, the Indian teenager clinched the 10m air pistol mixed team title, a day after she won the women's 10m air pistol individual gold on what is turning out to be a memorable senior World Cup debut. 

The 11th standard student could be the youngest ever to win senior World Cup gold medals for India though the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) could not confirm. 

Also, the duo of Deepak Kumar and Mehuli Ghosh won the country its sixth medal of the competition - a bronze in the 10m air rifle mixed team event. 

Deepak and Mehuli, competing as India 2, shot 435.1 in the five-team final, finishing behind the Romanian pair of Alin Moldoveanu and Laura-Georgeta Coman who shot 498.4 for silver. 

munna219777Nagendradeepukartik91sparta
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6489 Points
    Shooting World Cup: Anjum Moudgil wins silver in women’s Rifle 3 Positions
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/more-sports/shooting/shooting-world-cup-anjum-moudgil-wins-silver-in-womens-rifle-3-positions/articleshow/63226845.cms
    • Moudgil won her first International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup medal- Silver in the Women’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions
    • This was India’s eighth medal of the competition and the first silver after having won three Golds and four Bronze medals already
    • India still lead the medals tally with eight medals (3 Gold, 1 Silver, 4 Bronze) while China is in second
    deepuCarbon_14munna219777kartik91
    https://sports.ndtv.com/hockey/sultan-azlan-shah-cup-indian-mens-hockey-team-suffers-shock-2-3-loss-to-ireland-1821896

Any hope of the Indian men's hockey team reaching the final of the 2018 Sultan Azlan Shah Cup were quashed following a shock 2-3 loss to Ireland on Friday. India twice took the lead but relinquished it both times, losing their last round-robin match of the hockey tournament.
    munna219777Carbon_14
    http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/hockey/india-vs-ireland-live-hockey-score-streaming-sultan-azlan-shah-cup-streaming-tv-5092856/

India beat Ireland 4-1 in a convincing display to clinch fifth place in the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup. India led 4-0 courtesy goals from Varun Kumar (2), Shilanand Lakra, Gurjant Singh before Ireland pulled one back.

munna219777Carbon_14
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6489 Points
    India's Akhil Sheoran strikes gold in men's 50m Rifle 3-Position at shooting World Cup
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/more-sports/shooting/indias-akhil-sheoran-strikes-gold-in-mens-50m-rifle-3-position-at-shooting-world-cup/articleshow/63252275.cms
    • Akhil Sheoran collected 455.6 points in total to clinch the gold medal
    • India now have 9 medals from the event, including four gold, 1 silver & 4 bronze
    • Manu Bhaker finished fifth in women's 25m pistol final
    kartik91Carbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Azlan Shah Tournament has ended.If we speak of the overall Tournament, i feel we had one bad game against Ireland in pool match which influenced our rank.I feel the we played a 3-4 playoff match would have been just for us.But these things happen with such inexperienced Teams.Apart from that one match,in all the other matches we played decently considering the team we selected.

Now,coming to the Team.

I am all for having a larger pool of players and giving youngsters a chance but on the other hand playing for a Country who is ranked 6th in the World(Possibly Fighting for Medals in Global Events) shouldn"t be this easy.I must say that it looked that we are distributing free caps to players to play for India.

I must say,some of the players in this squad are very bad and they looked at to be considered for the Indian Team for atleast 4-5 years.Yes,they are that bad.

Now,coming to the Players"-

1)Goal Keepers:-Both the Keepers Vikas Krishna Pathak and Suraj were Decent.They had decent Tournament.

2)Defenders:- Mandeep Mor and Nilam Xess. Both are extremly bad.Both are too naive.They lack positional sense.They don"t know how to use their body.Lack basic game sense.Poor Game basics like poor trapping,poor passing etc.They have a long way too go if they are to make the Indian Senior Squad.To be honest,i can"t see that happening.

Dipsan and Varun . Both are young and decent.Both are promising.Both have got their positives and negatives.Both are showing signs of improvement with each match they play.If both remain fit,they should be really good/consistent players till 2020 Olympics.They should be groomed with the senior team in the right sort of Tournaments till then.Varun
    needs to work on his penalty corners and tackling skills.Dipsan needs to work on his physique and Scoop for Sure.

Surender and Amit Rohitdas.Both are weak against the very best teams like Australia,Germany etc.Are okayish against the Asian Teams.Both commit too many errors for my liking,against the Top teams they"ll be punished more.They aren"t what i call stable centre backs.

3)Midfield:-Sardara and Uthappa.Uthappa
    has improved but still his impact on the team is minimal considering the position he plays.He is an okay player at best.eg)I have never seen him won a man of the match award.

Sardara is not the same player which he once was.On merit,It should be difficult for him to make the World Cup Squad but with the lack of talent coming in i think he will make it.He is on the decline big time.

Nilakanta,Sumit and Simranjeet-All are very bad.Sumit has been playing since 2016 Junior World Cup and i don"t know why and how.There has been a single match where he has impressed me.Simranjeet has decent dribbling skills but thats about it.All three of them have got very poor trapping and passing skills.Sumit was the main reason why we lost against Ireland in Pool Match.All three of them are very bad.Not India Team Material for me.

4)Forwards:Ramandeep was Stable.Had a decent Tournament.Good Stable Player.

Gurjant-Is a Decent/promising talent.He should be Groomed keeping 2020 Olympics in mind.Needs to work a little on his Dribbling,Finishing and at times i feel he is slightly too upright i.e he needs to bend more at times.He has got good good speed,good ball carrying capacity,good positional sense,decent trapping etc.I feel he will be a decent player till 2020 Olympics come.

Talwinder-Didn"t have the best of the Tournaments.Is an okay player.I feel,he is one of those players who will be in and around the main team and should get his chance if a player is injured etc.He is a decent Fringe player.

Shilanand Lakra -Even Though he scored 3 goals but he has not impressed me.The way Hockey is played and specially how India plays it,you need to have much more than be able to score obvious goals.There were no moments of Brilliance,Creativity through dodge,speed,passing,etc displayed by him.Not a long term prospect for me.

Now Coming to Sumit Kumar (Forward,Jersey no. 28)-This guy is a beast.He in my opinion,has been the FIND OF THE TOURNAMENT.He has got Blistering pace and excellent dribbling skills.He is special talent and walks into our Senior Team.I have come to know that he is 20-21 years of age and if it is true then guys let me assure you,we have unearthed ourselves a real World Class Player.He should be selected for the Commonwealth Games.He takes on his opponents and beats them with ease and is a special talent.I have been really impressed by him.

kartik91Carbon_14munna219777ashindiaRonnyfootydip
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Yes Sumit Kumar is an impressive player. I find him better then Lalit Upadhyay or those Walmiki brothers.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited March 2018
    Munna,I am talking of Sumit Kumar who was playing his first Tournament.He is a forward.Not the one who has been Playing since the Junior World Cup.

If you are pointing to the same Sumit(the Forward) then I agree with you.He is even better than Mandeep,Gurjant etc.

I don't rate Walmiki Bros.They are okay but not that good.

Lalit,I feel is decent but Sumit Kumar is better then him for sure.

So,you are 100% correct.

Also,one more thing which I wanted to say is that Commonwealth Games are upon us,so I was thinking of having a new Thread exclusively for it.
    Something like"Race for Gold in Gold Coast" Something of that sort.What say????

munna219777shibier
  • samsam 16430 Points
    No automatic alt text available

History has been created!!
    India will finish at the top of the tally at the ISSF World Cup for the 1st time ever. With just one event to go, no country can reach 4 Golds!!
    Carbon_14SOCCER4klindian_goonerdeepufootydipkartik91sparta
  • samsam 16430 Points
    History has been created!!
    India will finish at the top of the tally at the ISSF World Cup for the 1st time ever. With just one event to go, no country can reach 4 Golds!!
    thebeautifulgame