Other Sports

Comments

• World cup me hum itna accha khelte h to Olympics me hme kya ho jata h....
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    This is World Cup only in its name. Dont compare it with Hockey or Football World Cup which are held once in 4 years and getting a position really means that you are the best.

Four such Shooting world Cups by ISSF will be held this year and one World Cup Finals is also there. Competition gets divided in different world cups.

Olympics is one super event where all the top shooters participate.
    goalkeeparCarbon_14Nagendra
    @Bad ;  Yes Good Idea. We should start Commonwealth Games thread.

If you got time, one short good preview will suffice as the first post containing a bit info about dates and venues. Then we all can contribute discipline wise about India probables.
    Bad
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    So @Bad has a "good" idea...great :D B)
    Nagendramunna219777shibiergoalkeeparashindiaindian_goonerCarbon_14Badfootydipsparta
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    @Bad is always good on his analysis.
    BadBrainFallINDIAdeepumunna219777sparta
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Guys,i am slightly busy for a couple of days.So,i suggest that whoever is free(please just start the thread).I'll join after i come back which will be in couple of days.

Thank you..
    munna219777Nagendra
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    Bhambri sends world No 12 Lucas Pouille packing
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/tennis/top-stories/bhambri-sends-world-no-12-lucas-pouille-packing/articleshow/63267412.cms
    1. In a stunning performance, the 110th ranked Yuki, who qualified for the main draw, dispatched the ninth seed Frenchman 6-4 6-4 in one hour and 19 minutes.The win has already ensured Bhambri 45 ranking points.
    2. Bhambri will next take on tall American world number 21 Sam Querry.
    3. Rohan Bopanna was ousted from the men's doubles in the first round with Edourad Roger-Vasselin.

munna219777shibierdeepu
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    ;munna219777

agree with your point... but we have dominated this year in ISSF World Cup and we need to celebrate our performance... definitely we are improving and we can expect medals in future Olympics...

Below are the highlights
    1. This year (with just one competition) we have won 4 Gold Medals... and Still 4 more competitions left (including final) in this season and we can win few more gold medals..
    2. Agree that we can't compare this with Hockey/Soccer World Cup and/or Olympics.. But when did we won 4 gold medals.. As far as I know, 3 Gold medals is the max for the entire season.. That too most of the Gold medals (or medals) won by Jitu Rai in pistol
    3. 2016  season: 5 medals ( 1 Gold ), out of which Jitu Rai has won 3 medals(1 Gold)
    2017 season : 9 medals(3 Gold), Jitu Rai won 3 medals(2 gold, individual & team)
    4. Manu Bhaker won 2 gold medals (individual & mixed Rifle ). Winning 2 gold medals.. I guess first time for India by female shooter
    5. Shahzar Rizvi (one more sensational along with Manu Bhaker) won Gold in 10m air pistol with World Record.. In same event, Jitu Rai won Bronze medal...

munna219777
    https://scroll.in/field/871632/davis-cup-aita-ignores-rohan-bopannas-reservations-pairs-him-with-leander-paes

What a Mess !!! Leander Paes has been selected again and forced to play with Bopanna. Bopanna has clearly made a stand that he do not wish to pair with Leander again. Mahesh Bhupathi has also written a letter that Bopanna wishes to sit out instead of pairing with Leander for Doubles event. AITA is instead threatening Bopanna that he will never be selected again for India if he refuses to play with Leander. It is bizarre that with so much bad blood between Mahesh Bhupathi, Bopanna on one hand and Leander, again 44 year old Paes has been selected. No Indian Player wants him in the squad. What a Mess !!!
    goalkeeparRav92Carbon_14indian_gooner
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Looks like Constantine's are everywhere in indian sports. 
    munna219777Carbon_14indian_goonerkarenesudhakar2050ashindia