I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• shankar wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    Besides all these high flying spending on players are the clubs really interested in building some Infrastructure and improving their facilities.

i dont see them investing on facilities unless they are forced to do so

Well they club has began work on setting up bucket seats in MB ground. But that was done with money from Govt..

How great is that if that stadium can never really host I-League games once AFC Criteria is 100% followed. You might as well convert the Mohun Bagan Ground into a training ground. Take down the stands and renovate it to a training ground.

Anyway East Bengal look good next season. There wont be that many international breaks next season. There is only the Nehru Cup which I am hoping will be u23. Then AFC Challenge Cup qualification.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Adil Khan rumored to be signed by Mohun Bagan
    This will be a good defensive signing for MB, if true
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited March 2012
    Tolgay apparently in talks with BIG3 of Kolkata (3rd one is Prayag n not MDSC). His rates are escalating. Allan Gow got a contract from English Coca Cola Championship side. Dudu Omagbemi is in talks with East Bengal. He has now experience of playing in UEFA Champions League!
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Gow has signed for Exeter City who are struggling and battling to save relegation. Its funny that AIFF and EB medical report said he would not b able to play for the rest of the season. I am sure he must have passed fitness test there b4 being signed. So are the fitness levels are much higher in India? =))
  • somesh wrote:
    Gow has signed for Exeter City who are struggling and battling to save relegation. Its funny that AIFF and EB medical report said he would not b able to play for the rest of the season. I am sure he must have passed fitness test there b4 being signed. So are the fitness levels are much higher in India? =))

Gow was an emergency signing by Exeter. They are in the 3rd Division, near relegation and have injuries. Obviously the AIFF lied but we all knew that Gow was going to leave.

Also is there any news on potential Goan, Maha, NE signings. All the rumors are about East Bengal and Mohun Bagan. The Manchester Citys of India better win or there ownerships are going to be the biggest flops ever.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Whether Gow was fit or unfit... he was flop in EB... not that his replacement (Edmilson) is any good
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Also is there any news on potential Goan, Maha, NE signings. All the rumors are about East Bengal and Mohun Bagan. The Manchester Citys of India better win or there ownerships are going to be the biggest flops ever.

There is more news on Bengal clubs because the local media focusses on them (Naturally)... we lack people from the other regions in this forum... Plus I doubt in Maharashtra whether they have daily news programs devoted to football (Shankar might tell us)...about Goa, NE, I dont know but we lack representatives in this forum... I think the newspaper 'Oherald' gives good news about goa foootball....'jose' is hardly online nowadays....

In terms of winning, EB, under Morgan has won most trophies except I League...although I League is the only trophy worth winning...but then its 1 trophy per year!!! Every yr these teams are coming close but missing out.... btw Dempo, Churchill also have high budget....
    Kudos to Salgaocar for winning the league last yr., with limited budget and resources....that was a great achievement...
    =D>
  • #
    rudrarudra 5:02AM Quote
    Adil Khan rumored to be signed by Mohun Bagan
    This will be a good defensive signing for MB, if true

who is adil khan?
  • MB is leaving Anwar, Jewel raja.jotto sob handar dol(Anjan, Debashishetc.)Again there will be no trophy for MB next year. 100% bet
  • rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:

There is more news on Bengal clubs because the local media focusses on them (Naturally)... we lack people from the other regions in this forum... Plus I doubt in Maharashtra whether they have daily news programs devoted to football (Shankar might tell us)...about Goa, NE, I dont know but we lack representatives in this forum... I think the newspaper 'Oherald' gives good news about goa foootball....'jose' is hardly online nowadays....

In terms of winning, EB, under Morgan has won most trophies except I League...although I League is the only trophy worth winning...but then its 1 trophy per year!!! Every yr these teams are coming close but missing out.... btw Dempo, Churchill also have high budget....
    Kudos to Salgaocar for winning the league last yr., with limited budget and resources....that was a great achievement...
    =D>

Ya, Salgaocar proved that you dont need big money to win. The key is youth not buying. Now I think that EB and MB sorta get it. They are still buying a lot BUT are only signing youngsters (ALL RUMORS). I wonder how that will work out.