I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    shankar wrote:
    there has been many news of players from churchill brothers going out and hardly any news of other way round.....is the politician now losing his interest with the club as he is not in his successful path in either football field or in politics???

Good...hardly anyone supports this team and its management is also bad
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    shankar wrote:
    there has been many news of players from churchill brothers going out and hardly any news of other way round.....is the politician now losing his interest with the club as he is not in his successful path in either football field or in politics???

Good...hardly anyone supports this team and its management is also bad
  • rudra wrote:
    sujoy1976 wrote:
    Mariners have confirmed the joining of Kalu Ogba of Churchill Brothers and James Moga of Sporting Goa for the next season.

http://www.kolkatafootball.com/gossip_transfer_2012/index.html

The page says 'gossip-rumors'!!!!

Anyway if this is true that mean MB has to fill the Asian quota player slot with a defender...the kind of defenders they brought previously (Diamonstar, Simon storey, Daniel zeleny) was laughable...i think what they needed is an well established defender (foreign) of i league like Okpara, Luciano, even bello rassaq will do...but they are repeating the mistakes again and again

Why do we go after I-League defenders. Increase the level of play, take it to the next level. Sign a Asian Foreigner from J.League or K-League or A-League or any big Asian League and make sure they are at least 30 years old and have at least 10 caps for there national team (something along these lines) and sign them. We need some extra umph in the I-League. Not the same old Africans from Nigeria that are only here for money and nothing else.

Also if you do sign that great International defender make sure you add extras to his contract like having the player come to camps that MB hold or have him watch a match MB U19 is playing in. Also advertise him to Kolkata and West Bengal. Make him as much of a known name here as he is in International football.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Prayag United has almost finalized contract with Ranty Martins. His only concern is the flat that PU is gonna give him. he wants to see that b4 signing.

Gouramangi too offered big deal by Prayag.

Tolgay staying back in East Bengal in all probability. Mohun Bagan can't afford him alongside Odafa
  • 1.75 crores. Prayag Group is a pretty rich sponsor...

Mohun Bagan are trying hard for Denson Devadas as well. Abhra was offered a permanent deal by PFC.
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited March 2012
    BREAKING NEWS!! tweeted by Rupayan B,eminent sports journalist.
    Ranti Martins has signed for PRAYAG UNITED for the upcoming season..The fee is believed to be Rs.1 crores 88 lakhs..(disclosed amount 1.75 crore). Compensation package also includes plush apartment at south city, 24 hrs car service, education for all the kids

Prayag is gunning for the top next season. They have a budget of 12 crore plus this season.

I congratulate Ranti for the wisdom of such a move, it's always wiser to play for PU first, find your feet in Calcutta as opposed to starting off with the big two. Maybe the Robins and the Manandeeps need to take a cue from this !
  • rudra wrote:
    I thing I would like to point out that although MB, EB frequently criticized for not giving youngsters enough chances, I think this season saw a lot of youngsters coming up thru there ranks (ok they may not have been developed by them, but anyways signing and giving enough chances is not bad news at all)

EB -
    (NOTE this and past few seasons combined)
    Young players who are getting a lot of chances-
    Sanju Pradhan
    Nirmal Chetri
    Naoba Singh
    Raju Gaikwad (the matches he missed was due to injury)
    Gurpreet Singh Sandhu
    Robin Singh
    Baljit Singh
    Semlein Doungel (also known a Len) (playing a lot in Kolkata league, few in I League)

MB -
    Manish Bhargav
    Jewel Raja
    Kinghuk Debnath
    Snehasish
    Manish Maithani
    Rakesh Masih (I dont see why he is called in India team camps, absolutely rubbish)
    Shilton Pal (another goalie who makes mistakes, dont see much future)

I like this post of yours since its speaks of a reality very few in the pan Indian circuit are aware of. Rakesh Masih should thank MB officials, Karim and Subrata now that he is still playing in a top I league club. He has way too many deficiencies even after having played for full three years at the top level. I didn't speak much about his deficiencies all these years but I now feel three years is enough time at the top level to have worked on his deficiencies.
    Strengths

1. Tall, sturdy physique
    2. Can slide and tackle
    3. Headwork average, not that great either
    4. Didn't spend much time sitting out of games either through injury or whatever (marketing activities). Given the level of professionalism among upcoming football players in India, this should be a point of consideration too.

Weaknesses

1. Very very slow in turning, any striker will turn much quicker than he does. I can provide pointed references on this.
    2. MISPASS, a big bane for the team as far as ball retention/possession goes, a central midfielder cannot mispass at the rate he does, just not acceptable. The worse thing is that he insists on doing forward throughs even with such deficient passing ability. Forward throughs are one of the most difficult passes in football, requires great sense and vision. If I were him, to cover up for my limitations I would have played the ball to the flanks for the wingers to run with it, that way at least the opponent doesn't come back charging back in no time. Now everyone will have to rush back to defend, increase frustration among team mates.
    3. Not at all reliable in stopper back position, no wonder Karim first thought of playing him as a defensive central midfielder.
    4. Given his physicality, he is slow in chasing pacy players down.

SHILTON PAL

Strengths
    1. Great fitness level, one of the best in country
    2. Has age on his side.
    3. Technically decent, although there is ample scope for improvement

Weaknesses
    1. Very showy, overdone acrobatics under the bar, proving fatal for the team
    2. Lacks patience, DOES NOT ACKNOWLEDGE HIS DEFICIENCIES. Goalkeeping to him is all about acrobatics, he does not acknowledge the mental part of it, especially at the top level, which is a huge detriment. Needs to mature or attend psychiatric counseling
    3. Lacks presence of mind, in summary the mental aspect of the game is totally missing. To him sports is all about physical fitness, acrobatics as if there is no mental aspect to it.

• Shilton has a knack for gallery show. Never a good thing in a goal-keeper.
  • admin, this site is not safe to visit(virus attack) m getting a threat from quick heal