I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited May 2012
    As I pointed out several times before, Morgan half of the time doesn't make sense. Man, he has been here a couple years and he is hell bent on signing Ishfaq Ahmed, that guy shoots at the corner flag from inside the penalty box 80% of the time.  Charan Rai doesn't even deserve a place in the I league team (both starting eleven and reserves). Had Morgan not persisted with Gow beginning of the I league, EB would have been almost neck and neck with Dempo. Had Morgan not started an injured Mehtab in the Fed cup final, no way Salgaocar could have won that game. The second derby of the season, he had no answer to Subrata's tactics and was a mere spectator on the sidelines.<br><br>If he has done some good to EB's cause, he has considerable harm as well, in my honest opinion.  I just cannot adore him because he is white skin.<br>
  • debjit1925debjit1925 0 Points
    Yes Proj, what you said are all correct but we cannot ignore the fact that he gave the club 6 trophies in 2 years after 27 months of drought. Inspite of all these faults he is one of the very few professional coaches we have in Indian clubs. He mixes with the players like friends and manages them very well. All the players really like him and seldom has anything bad to say about him. He is always always on time to start practice or with anything else. I think with time he will learn more match reading and tactical skills. He has brought few things in the Kolkata and Indian football which we were seriously lacking, that is professionalism. Also the kind of football EB played for most of the season, I have very rarely seen them playing that kind of passing football (specially at the second half of the season). Otherwise it was mostly long ball games. We cannot take that away from him. Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes and be a better coach in coming years.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    projenator wrote: »
    As I pointed out several times before, Morgan half of the time doesn't make sense. Man, he has been here a couple years and he is hell bent on signing Ishfaq Ahmed, that guy shoots at the corner flag from inside the penalty box 80% of the time.  Charan Rai doesn't even deserve a place in the I league team (both starting eleven and reserves). Had Morgan not persisted with Gow beginning of the I league, EB would have been almost neck and neck with Dempo. Had Morgan not started an injured Mehtab in the Fed cup final, no way Salgaocar could have won that game. The second derby of the season, he had no answer to Subrata's tactics and was a mere spectator on the sidelines.</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If he has done some good to EB's cause, he has considerable harm as well, in my honest opinion.  I just cannot adore him because he is white skin.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">HE IS WHITE! HE IS OBVIOUSLY OF HIGHER CLASS! </font></div>
  • Also have to remember that Morgan was mainly a youth coach before Bengal. He will take time to develop his own style of football.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    <span style="color: #333399; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small;"><strong>Salgaocar SC </strong>center back <em>Khelemba Singh </em>has signed for <strong>Mohun Bagan </strong>after
    getting released from the Goan Greens. However, things took an
    altogether different turn for Khelemba's partner in left back position -
    <em>Biswajit Saha</em>. A Goan source reveals that unlike
    Khelemba, Biswajit still has one year contract left with Salgaocar and
    Kareem Bencharifa is not ready to release him at any cost.</span>
  • Baberto wrote: »
    <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 153); font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; "><strong style="font-weight: normal; ">Salgaocar SC </strong>center back <em style="font-weight: normal; ">Khelemba Singh </em>has signed for <strong style="font-weight: normal; ">Mohun Bagan </strong>after
    getting released from the Goan Greens. However, things took an
    altogether different turn for Khelemba's partner in left back position -
    <em style="font-weight: normal; ">Biswajit Saha</em>. A Goan source reveals that unlike
    Khelemba, Biswajit still has one year contract left with Salgaocar and
    Kareem Bencharifa is not ready to release him <b>at any cost</b>.</span>

<br><div><br></div><div>TRANSFER FEE!</div>
  • MuraliMurali 0 Points
    <P>How could you even imagine MMB to pay transfer fee to acquire a player! That would not happen at-least in next 20 years or so :-P</P>
    <P>By the way Salgaocar have promoted young goalie Presley Mascarenhas to their Senior squad. I have updated the details on my blog site along with a few more rumors/updates I came to know about.</P>
  • Murali wrote: »
    <p>How could you even imagine MMB to pay transfer fee to acquire a player! That would not happen at-least in next 20 years or so :-P</p>
    <p>By the way Salgaocar have promoted young goalie Presley Mascarenhas to their Senior squad. I have updated the details on my blog site along with a few more rumors/updates I came to know about.</p>

<br><div><br></div><div>Na I still believe that MB will change but ya, they wont pay a fee which is a problem in Indian football. How can we get good players if we cant pay transfer fees abroad. </div>
  • MuraliMurali 0 Points
    <P>
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    </P>
    <DIV>Na I still believe that MB will change but ya, they wont pay a fee which is a problem in Indian football. How can we get good players if we cant pay transfer fees abroad. <BR></DIV>
    <P>
    </P>
    <P>Exactly. That's why I was very happy to learn about Lester's transfer to Prayag. That should be the practice and AIFF should step in with some regulation regarding this. Squad continuity management is a must have to sustain a professional football model in India and the possibility of retaining players for more than a year will double up once the transfer fee concept is introduced. <BR></P>