I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• I dont get it. It is a good comparison. MLS dont get youngsters from lower leagues. They get them themselves.

The comparison can go like this: Premier League youngsters are better than MLS ones while MLS ones are way way better than I-League ones.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I mean comparison of the salaries...if we keep on to these like EPL player>MLS Players >X League.....> I League players> and so on and so the salary also sud be proportional to that...the the shitty league players will get so less that no one will take football there.. talent and salary comparison sud be made for the same league
  • rudra wrote:
    I mean comparison of the salaries...if we keep on to these like EPL player>MLS Players >X League.....> I League players> and so on and so the salary also sud be proportional to that...the the shitty league players will get so less that no one will take football there.. talent and salary comparison sud be made for the same league

What league do you want to make the comparison for. Right now I have no problem with rookies earning a MAX 15 lakh. That is it.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    comparisons within the league... like hey, Manadeep is good and he earns this much how come sushil who is crap earning as much as him? ... but i dont like : Hey EPL, MLS, La Liga guys earn this much how can our guys earn as much as them???? They are shittier....

Yeah they are shittier lack of good salary in past has made them choose regular jobs over football... a footballers life is short...I dont mind salary cap as it will stop clubs from spending crores for 1 players, that to foreigners...but if clubs are spending on Indian rookies that may or mayn't be bad...but compare him with other i league players than other league guys... say Robin earns so much which is not fare etc
  • rudra wrote:
    comparisons within the league... like hey, Manadeep is good and he earns this much how come sushil who is crap earning as much as him? ... but i dont like : Hey EPL, MLS, La Liga guys earn this much how can our guys earn as much as them???? They are shittier....

Yeah they are shittier lack of good salary in past has made them choose regular jobs over football... a footballers life is short...I dont mind salary cap as it will stop clubs from spending crores for 1 players, that to foreigners...but if clubs are spending on Indian rookies that may or mayn't be bad...but compare him with other i league players than other league guys... say Robin earns so much which is not fare etc

But Robin is not a rookie. If Robin gets a high salary that will be because of stupidity. I am talking about the real rookies. Guys who are in there first season or second.
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    I think more money the Indian footballers will make, the more they will inspire the future generation to take Football as career,otherwise middle class families will send their boys to engineering colleges.

Indian Football needs a poster boy who will inspire the coming generation.
  • sparta wrote:
    I think more money the Indian footballers will make, the more they will inspire the future generation to take Football as career,otherwise middle class families will send their boys to engineering colleges.

Indian Football needs a poster boy who will inspire the coming generation.

I still dont see why that means giving more money to players than they are worth. Yes we need a poster boy but we should also stop this overspending. So many players are making way more than needed.

It has to stop!
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    if you want salary cap then add a grade system of contacts, total salary cap and a roster cap of 25 players.
  • archak wrote:
    if you want salary cap then add a grade system of contacts, total salary cap and a roster cap of 25 players.

25 is to small. I would say 30. BUT player 20 to 30 must be youth products from the academy. Also if a player is part of the 20 to 30 section than there salary does not count towards the salary cap but there is still a maximum they can receive.
  • Even international footballers are most often overpaid. Who pays 35 million pounds for a dud like Andy Caroll.

I agree with a comment above, you see if footballers get paid handsomely more and more kids will dream of taking the game up in future.

PS: Dozens of players have switched from Mohun Bagan to East Bengal and vice versa, no big deal.