I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• PS: Dozens of players have switched from Mohun Bagan to East Bengal and vice versa, no big deal.

Its been that way for ages. You have no idea how many wikipedia articles I go on for players and see that they have played for both clubs.
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    edited April 2012
    What is revenue of Mohun Bagan and East Bengal ??? 10 Lakhs ?? 35 Lakhs ?? You know what that is not even quarter of a peanut when you compare it with poorest club in MLS.

Now fans from Bengal as you are supporting salary hikes I would like you to enlighten me on how many Training Grounds do National Clubs of India own ?? what kind of facilities do they provide to Youth Academy(sorry this was for M.B as E.B doesn't have one) ?? What kind of staff do they hire ?? What about other facilities since it has been almost 100 years of its existence and when are they going to have a stadium and modern club house of their own ??

No Long Term plans no vision nothing,just hire XYZ for crores and try to win a trophy for year 2011-2012etc, even that they fail.

This is just shows how dumb officials of these clubs are and no wonder Pune FC who spend half their budget is in 3rd place in I-League.Their fans supporting them makes it even more hopeless.
    ashindia wrote:
    Mitra analyses this trend in a very simplistic manner. “If the funds are available, then why not spend them? Till the time the money is there to be spent, the clubs won’t shy away from spending” Mitra said.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_i-league-sunil-chhetri-may-breach-rs1-crore-mark_1670761
    Man this guy is scaring the shit outta me !!! :-SS
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    edited April 2012
    ashindia wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    Mitra analyses this trend in a very simplistic manner. “If the funds are available, then why not spend them? Till the time the money is there to be spent, the clubs won’t shy away from spending” Mitra said.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_i-league-sunil-chhetri-may-breach-rs1-crore-mark_1670761

Give me a ak47....
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    archak wrote:
    if you want salary cap then add a grade system of contacts, total salary cap and a roster cap of 25 players.

25 is to small. I would say 30. BUT player 20 to 30 must be youth products from the academy. Also if a player is part of the 20 to 30 section than there salary does not count towards the salary cap but there is still a maximum they can receive.

sorry missed this a club can play as many u21 as they like in addition to the 25 players
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    archak wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

Give me a ak47....

appoint a good contract killer like bob biswas rest will take care of themselves
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    Even international footballers are most often overpaid. Who pays 35 million pounds for a dud like Andy Caroll.

I agree with a comment above, you see if footballers get paid handsomely more and more kids will dream of taking the game up in future.

PS: Dozens of players have switched from Mohun Bagan to East Bengal and vice versa, no big deal.

somnathda the actual problem is not tolly moving to bagan, but the excessive over payment is surely a cause of concern. Just think, tolly used to get approx 60 lakhs per season and now suddenly 1.5 crores is something that even tolly himself wouldn't have imagined. This is stupid isn't it! Is he worthy of such high salary?
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Whatever happened to the AIFF norm which said that clubs cannot spend more than 70% of their budget on players. If we add only top few buys for a club, it crosses 100%..talk about economics of I-league
  • ashindia wrote:
    What is revenue of Mohun Bagan and East Bengal ??? 10 Lakhs ?? 35 Lakhs ?? You know what that is not even quarter of a peanut when you compare it with poorest club in MLS.

Now fans from Bengal as you are supporting salary hikes I would like you to enlighten me on how many Training Grounds do National Clubs of India own ?? what kind of facilities do they provide to Youth Academy(sorry this was for M.B as E.B doesn't have one) ?? What kind of staff do they hire ?? What about other facilities since it has been almost 100 years of its existence and when are they going to have a stadium and modern club house of their own ??

No Long Term plans no vision nothing,just hire XYZ for crores and try to win a trophy for year 2011-2012etc, even that they fail.

This is just shows how dumb officials of these clubs are and no wonder Pune FC who spend half their budget is in 3rd place in I-League.Their fans supporting them makes it even more hopeless.

Check this site: http://mohunbaganforyouth.com/

Details all youth programs of Mohun Bagan.

Does Mohun Bagan invest as much in the youth academies as much as they should? No. Neither does any other I-League club. MB-SAIL academy has atleast produced players like Vashum and Sankar Oraon over the years.

As for club house and stadium, saving transfer money from Odafa transfer won't mean a stadium will come up all of a sudden. Multi-national companies fail to get land in West Bengal for factories and you expect football clubs to get it all of a sudden.

By the way, Mohun Bagan ground's turf is one of the best in India.

I am not saying that the way they spend on players is perfect. But it is also a misconception that the club makes no investment in youth or infrastructure.

Didn't Pune FC make Subrata Pal the highest paid Indian player few years back? EB-MB officials were not ready to pay that kind of money to him but PFC did.

Every club spends money when required. I still don't think Mohun Bagan overpaid for Odafa. He is worth that kind of money. Just like CR or Zidane were worth their huge price tags.