I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• Thing is though East Bengal and Mohun Bagan are overspending on EVERYONE. Ya Pune did it with Subrata Pal, the number 1 keeper in India who may even be good enough for an MLS starting role or EPL bench role.

Yet you guys would rather overspend on worse guys like Kingshuk, Robin Singh, Tolgay etc. These guys are good but they would never make this abroad.

Also that 70% rule was shit. We need a set number for the salary cap!
  • sujoy1976sujoy1976 0 Points
    edited April 2012
    because of Kingshuk, MB conceded 2nd goal. bogus player.MB should not take him next season
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I will say only one thing, if AIFF doesn't enforce the salary cap, no point blaming the clubs for over-spending... If there is no salary cap clubs who can spend WILL spend....
    we argue over football clubs not having fans, how will the officials impress fans if they dont get the players...if MB doesnt offer player X 3 crores, then someone will get him....

AIFF can only solve that by enforcing salary cap, blaming a team for over spending when they have the capability is futile... And remember in Indian footballl system its only valuable if u win the league, being 2nd or 3rd or 4th don't change anything, neither they give u Europa nor they buy u fans or sponsors...

• sujoy1976 wrote:
    because of Kingshuk, MB conceded 2nd goal. bogus player.MB should not take him next season

Kingshuk did play poorly against Dempo (who have the best attack in I-League by the way). But if it was not for him Mohun Bagan would have conceded more goals than HAL.

I agree that it is outlandish if he is indeed demanding anything more than 25-30 lakhs...

• rudra wrote:
    I will say only one thing, if AIFF doesn't enforce the salary cap, no point blaming the clubs for over-spending... If there is no salary cap clubs who can spend WILL spend....
    we argue over football clubs not having fans, how will the officials impress fans if they dont get the players...if MB doesnt offer player X 3 crores, then someone will get him....

AIFF can only solve that by enforcing salary cap, blaming a team for over spending when they have the capability is futile... And remember in Indian footballl system its only valuable if u win the league, being 2nd or 3rd or 4th don't change anything, neither they give u Europa nor they buy u fans or sponsors...

Not to forget a lot of people come to see the Odafas and Rantys in matches. Sounds bad but that is the truth. No one cares about watching Sabeeth wasting dozens of chances to score one goal.
  • any more transfer rumours :-(( ??
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I think Mohun Bagan making same mistakes as before. For defence they are linked with Eche, a defender from div 2 team southern samity...dunno how good will he be...not sure he will be very spcl....

and another attacking player linked - Sabastien Drier
    apparently he might be offered a 'record amount' (oops)
    http://www.footballzz.com/jogador.php?id=161817&epoca_id=141
  • Sabastien Drier looking good like tolgay
  • How we forget to take defeders every season beggars belief. Hopefully Babluda will know what to do this season. His teams are usually based on strong defence. I can't understand this over emphasis on attacking players. Instead, bulk of the budget should be for defenders. Defence wins you titles. Always.