I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• > gaffertape said:
    > 1st foreign casualties of the season , look to be at Sporting Club de Goa:
    >
    > Bong Bertrand looks to be released along with Boubabacar Keita (injury) , SCdeGoa looking for replacements, Lamine Tamba could be on way back to India with them.

Okay... seriously what are the finances of Sporting Goa. Looks to be such shite signings. The players I recommended (Matt Kassel, Babajide Ogunbiyi) make only $20,000 a season AT MOST. To put that into perspective, David Sunday reportedly earned $6,000 a month ($48,000 a season) at Chirag Kerala. I am not saying the guys I recommend would come in a do so much better but there are players out there like the guys I recommend who would come in at a lower price than Tolgay, Ranti etc and do just as good.

For Sporting, they need a winger, a midfielder and defender. Ogba Kalu is a good 4th choice but cant they pay for someone better than that 5th Division Japanese player and Tamba.
  • I am currently at my sis's college, bored out of my mind and I am tired of wikipedia for the day so what do I do... I go throughout the world and do a scouting mission for Sporting Clube de Goa and many other clubs which needs foreigners... Here are the results...

Frédéric Mendy; The Frenchmen currently plays for Home United in the S.League. He is presently the top scorer in the 2012 S.League with 20 goals as of 10 October. He plays as a striker and currently the average wage in the S.League is around $10,000 a month for the big players (Mendy) and a club like say Pune FC or perhaps East Bengal who want more fire power could use him.

Timothy Anjembe; The Nigerian leads the V-League (Vietnam) with 17 goals this season. 

Phil Younghusband; Top scorer in the Philippines. Destroyed the teams in the AFC Challenge Cup. Surprised no one has went for him. Apparently he is better than Angel (Salgaocar's Filipino) and Angel has done amazing so far. 
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

Francis Jeffers: former Everton, Arsenal and England (junior) striker, available too ! 

Surely SCdeGoa is better option than Malta !?
  • Jeffers would be okay. At least for a club like Sporting Goa. But at the age of 31 and a record of only 2 goals in the A-League in 26 games I would be a little suspect about what he would do now.

Really the only bright side to him is the publicity he would bring but would a club like Sporting, East Bengal etc go for a player just for publicity.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

I would sign him , as he can help a young team like SCdeGoa, the knowledge he could pass on to them would be huge.
    or
    opt for Edgar Davids , player coach role :) he's doing that for Barnet at the ripe old age, if Seedorf can play for AC Milan at his gae, Davids can boss the game in I-League still.

Lots of options out there, especially MLS players, but Indian clubs need to think outside their stupid box

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

gaffertape
    I would sign him , as he can help a young team like SCdeGoa, the knowledge he could pass on to them would be huge.

or
    opt for Edgar Davids , player coach role :) he's doing that for Barnet at the ripe old age, if Seedorf can play for AC Milan at his gae, Davids can boss the game in I-League still.

Lots of options out there, especially MLS players, but Indian clubs need to think outside their stupid box

Seedorf playes in brazil now.

• > Joyptan said:
    > > gaffertape
    > > I would sign him , as he can help a young team like SCdeGoa, the knowledge he could pass on to them would be huge.
    > or
    > opt for Edgar Davids , player coach role :) he's doing that for Barnet at the ripe old age, if Seedorf can play for AC Milan at his gae, Davids can boss the game in I-League still.
    >
    > Lots of options out there, especially MLS players, but Indian clubs need to think outside their stupid box
    >
    >
    > Seedorf playes in brazil now.

Ya but he has been in the 30s for 6 years now and only left Milan a few months ago. He bossed it. Great example Gaffer.
  • > gaffertape said:
    > I would sign him , as he can help a young team like SCdeGoa, the knowledge he could pass on to them would be huge.
    > or
    > opt for Edgar Davids , player coach role :) he's doing that for Barnet at the ripe old age, if Seedorf can play for AC Milan at his gae, Davids can boss the game in I-League still.
    >
    > Lots of options out there, especially MLS players, but Indian clubs need to think outside their stupid box

Agree but for Sporting Goa I doubt they would now since they have that Japanese signing and of course there problem is not really attackers. Heck, talk to me about MLS players... I can give you names easy...

Teemu Tainio stands out to me though. 32 years old. Plays for the New York Red Bulls but never plays now. Former Tottenham man.
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > I am currently at my sis's college, bored out of my mind and I am tired of wikipedia for the day so what do I do... I go throughout the world and do a scouting mission for Sporting Clube de Goa and many other clubs which needs foreigners... Here are the results...

Frédéric Mendy; The Frenchmen currently plays for Home United in the S.League. He is presently the top scorer in the 2012 S.League with 20 goals as of 10 October. He plays as a striker and currently the average wage in the S.League is around $10,000 a month for the big players (Mendy) and a club like say Pune FC or perhaps East Bengal who want more fire power could use him.

Timothy Anjembe; The Nigerian leads the V-League (Vietnam) with 17 goals this season. 

Phil Younghusband; Top scorer in the Philippines. Destroyed the teams in the AFC Challenge Cup. Surprised no one has went for him. Apparently he is better than Angel (Salgaocar's Filipino) and Angel has done amazing so far.
    Phil does not want to leave Phillipines now I believe..he is given a super star's staus there

• Come on. Ya he is a superstar there but he would be a bigger superstar at say East Bengal or a NE club or even a Goan club. If the club comes with the money (should not be hard, probably does not get paid much at the moment) then he wont refuse.