I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• CONCACAF is possibly the weakest qualification group after Oceania. They usually throw up a surprise team every WC (T&T, Jamaica, Honduras). Most of these countries don't have a well developed league in terms of finances, and are in general poor countries. So getting players from there (even if they have WC experience) is easier..
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    CONCACAF is possibly the weakest qualification group after Oceania. They usually throw up a surprise team every WC (T&T, Jamaica, Honduras). Most of these countries don't have a well developed league in terms of finances, and are in general poor countries. So getting players from there (even if they have WC experience) is easier..

Same with Africa and also African origin French players are excellent can get Ligue 2 and CNL players for cheap amount and mind you those players have gone through some of the best training offered in world.

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    try getting somebody from DPR Korea their players have played in world cup and asia cup...very hard working and committed players...play national team football and PR for i-league whereas some players from australian state leagues and lower leagues of nigeria dont get that...maybe some of those filipinos currently playing in philippines having left their 2nd or 3rd tier european clubs...the striker angle guirado is pretty good.

i think the dream of lucas neil and others is pretty premature at this stage especially for the likes of bagan when there is no existance of professionalism at the club.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Shah476 wrote:
    try getting somebody from DPR Korea their players have played in world cup and asia cup...very hard working and committed players...play national team football and PR for i-league whereas some players from australian state leagues and lower leagues of nigeria dont get that...maybe some of those filipinos currently playing in philippines having left their 2nd or 3rd tier european clubs...the striker angle guirado is pretty good.

i think the dream of lucas neil and others is pretty premature at this stage especially for the likes of bagan when there is no existance of professionalism at the club.

North Korean players (the native one's) allowed to join other leagues by the government?

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    yeh...2 of them signed by muangthong united of thailand...couple of them play in Switzerland too... seems like they are allowing them to move about...its beneficial to their football...
  • North Korean players are allowed to play outside. I remember Jon Tae Se (the guy who cried when NK anthem was being played before Brazil match) playing in Koera before the WC, moved to Germany later.
  • ashindia wrote:
    CONCACAF is possibly the weakest qualification group after Oceania. They usually throw up a surprise team every WC (T&T, Jamaica, Honduras). Most of these countries don't have a well developed league in terms of finances, and are in general poor countries. So getting players from there (even if they have WC experience) is easier..

Same with Africa and also African origin French players are excellent can get Ligue 2 and CNL players for cheap amount and mind you those players have gone through some of the best training offered in world.

True. Only difference in European scouts are very active in Africa. So it is highly likely that a European scout will spot a player much before our Indian scouts (lol?) get a hold of him. But in CONCACAF, European clubs rarely send their scouts. Unlike Africa, cocncacaf isn't highly rated in terms of talented, cheap players.

• Lucas Neil is not premature. If you offer him what you would offer an Odafe or Tolgay then you can easily sign him. He is 34. Past prime. Did good in the Asian Cup. And a defender.

Plus we have to start somewhere when it comes to big players.

Still though I-League clubs should start poaching the best OFC players and midtable CONCACAF teams. BTW trust me Honduras, T&T, Jamaica at there best can easily kill any AFC mid table nation.
  • arsenalfan wrote:
    Lucas Neil is not premature. If you offer him what you would offer an Odafe or Tolgay then you can easily sign him.

How do you know that u can easily sign him? His agent said?

• UtpalUtpal 0 Points
    4th April 2012 :- Transfer Rumors

1. Is Nirmal Chhetri Bagan Bound?
    2. Barreto To Change Loyalty By Moving To Prayag?
    3. Mohun Bagan Trying To Bring Back Deepak Mondal

For details, check: http://liveindianfootball.netne.net/1_42_Indian-Football-Transfer-Rumors.html