I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• nabi, jewel, manish mathani renewed contract with MB yesterday.check todays The Telegraph
  • If Dreier comes to I-League then I will be happy. Other foreigners I would love in I-League...

Manel Expósito (Spanish, 30). Most notable for being with Barcelona from 2003-2004 BUT he did not play a game for them. He did play for Barcelona B from 2003-2005 and had 5 goals in 35 games. He was then at Athletico Madrid (YES THATS RIGHT) from 2005-2006 and had 2 goals in 14 games. Currently plays for Auckland City FC in New Zealand and is the leading scorer in the OFC Champions League.

Roy Krishna (Fiji, 24). Most notable for being the leading scorer in the OFC Champions League this season. He would add youth and international experience to a mid-table I-League team.

Emmanuel Cotty (Ghana, 24). We love Africans in I-League. As long as they are notable and professional they are fine. Well this guy in the leading scorer in the African Champions League. He is young and a GHANA INTERNATIONAL!!! He could be good enough for any team in I-League.

Alfonso Alves (Brazil, 31). BRAZIL INTERNATIONAL (Well former). He used to play for Middlesbrough in the Premier League (when they were in the Premier League). He also was the top scorer in the AFC Cup a few years ago. He would do well on a team like Dempo. If I were Dempo I would let Martins leave and get Alves. A Brazilian striker who played for Brazil vs a Nigerian who has only proven himself in I-League. Ya the Brazilian wins.

Lucas Neil (Australia, 34). Mohun Bagan fans, this may be your answer. Australian defender who has been with Australia sense 1996. He was named to the AFC Asian Cup 2011 TEAM OF THE TOURNAMENT! And he has represented many clubs like Blackburn, West Ham and Everton. Sounds perfect and unlike Simon Storey and Daniel Zeleny, Neil actually is a proven Australian defender. If you guys are splashing cash then why not on Neil. Sign him to a 1-year contract with the option to extension and have him also work with the youth.

Carlos Bocenegra (United States, 32). Bagan fans, if Neil does not look good to you then take my word for it, being an American that Carlos is the man for you guys. Former and current captain of the United States national soccer team. He has played for Fulham. He currently plays for Rangers FC in the Scottish Premier League. He is the perfect player for you guys. He is also nicknamed Captain America by the Rangers fans. He is old and maybe India could work for him and if (for some stupid reason) Bagan sign Chhetri back then Carlos can talk to him about life at Rangers.

Landon Donovan (United States, 29). This is a big one. The Baichung Bhutia of American Soccer. He has played for Bayern Munich and recently came off an AMAZING loan spell at Everton. He has 138 caps for America while scoring 46 goals. He plays for the Los Angeles Galaxy in MLS and has played there sense 2005 even though he was good enough for the Premier League but he wanted to be the face of MLS and to do so you have to stay in the league so instead he did loan moves to the Premier League during the MLS offseason. He will be tough to sign and would require a lot of money but it would be worth it.

Here is Donovans goal against Algeria during the 2010 World Cup.

• usaindia wrote:
    chirag united transfer news
    http://www.deccanchronicle.com/node/110367

Good for them. I dont know but I am starting to warm up to them being in the I-League BUT very slowly. Obviously Mumbai FC staying would be better but Air India can have Mumbai for 1 season before they get relegated (Yes I said it, unless they pay players and coaches then Santosh will leave and the others will follow and Mumbai will be hot favorites to come back up) Although I would like to see Chirag move to Kozhikozide as the Municipal actually gets fans if marketed properly and Chirag would do well with the home advantage.

BTW going back to the 2nd Division, from what we hear I think it would be awesome to have a 10-team 2nd Division next year (if we stick to it)

Mumbai FC, Hyderabad Globe FC, Delhi United FC, Aizawl FC, Mohammedan, Kalighat FC, Vasco SC, Kohima Komets, Dimapur United FC, [Bangalore Franchise (if we can)]

At least then we would know that the relegated teams will be replaced by good marketable teams.

Also looking at the picture it looks like Pune FC is the team with the bad defense with Arata going in with the karate kick.
  • lol half the threads in MB FB groups only talk about "Is Tolgay coming" or "Did we sign Tolgay".
  • any more gossips, rumours,mate?
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Top 7 team transfer predictions:
    Dempo : set to lose Ranti , will discard Koko , retain Denzil and the Japanese striker
    East Bengal : retain Tolgay , Uga and Penn , sign another striker , Chidi/ Moga perhaps ???
    Pune FC : retain Keita, Douhou , probably look to replace Chika ?
    Salgaocar : lose Chidi , replaced Junior, should retain Luciano & Sueoka and Max
    Churchill Brothers : probably retain Opara & Beto and make replace Antun & Henry
    Prayag : Add Ranty , lose Kayne & Josimar/Yakubu
    Mohun Bagan : keep Odafa , replace Barreto , Lima & Zeleny , sign Kalu
    Sporting : Lose Moga , Kalu & Park , sign Chidi or Yakubu/Josimar
  • Top 7 team transfer predictions:
    Dempo : set to lose Ranti , will discard Koko , retain Denzil and the Japanese striker
    East Bengal : retain Tolgay , Uga and Penn , sign another striker , Chidi/ Moga perhaps ???
    Pune FC : retain Keita, Douhou , probably look to replace Chika ?
    Salgaocar : lose Chidi , replaced Junior, should retain Luciano & Sueoka and Max
    Churchill Brothers : probably retain Opara & Beto and make replace Antun & Henry
    Prayag : Add Ranty , lose Kayne & Josimar/Yakubu
    Sporting : Lose Moga , Kalu & Park , sign Chidi or Yakubu/Josimar

nice info. :)>-
  • sujoy1976sujoy1976 0 Points
    edited April 2012

is kalu confirmed?
    odafa does not like him