I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• Any guesses guys on who can be the former Tottenham player who has shown interest to play for Dempo SC??

<br><div><br></div><div>I am guessing Rohan Ricketts (not because he has the same name as me). He is currently a free agent and looking for a club and he has played for Tottenham in the past and his age and past playing teams screams I-League player.</div>
  • As for Ranty Martins. I dont mind this one. Ranty is a great player, not only in India but in Asia. He was always scoring in the AFC Cup for Dempo so he is proven in Asia as well. The only thing he does not have is Nigerian International Play which he is good enough for but when you play in India it is hard to get noticed. So Ranty can be given good money, wont mind it.<div><br></div><div>As for Odafe, he does not deserve it. He deserves a lot but not as much as he is given right now.</div>
  • Having followed football in India for close to a couple decades, I can vouch that this end of the season player transfer rumor mongering is definitely not one of the best practices and needs to be changed. If you cannot implement all the bells and whistles, at least copy IPL auctions ditto.  Acceptable if a country bumpkin indulges in petty rumor mongering but suave folks on this forum who are quick to ridicule and jeer at anything less than what their international exposure taught them, time to think ????
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2012
    projenator wrote:
    suave folks on this forum who are quick to ridicule and jeer at anything less than what their international exposure taught them, time to think ????

<br><div><br></div><div>Hi. Whats up.</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    We all know that these are rumors at best. This surely is not going to influence players' cost. Its the club officials who are to be blamed. They are the ones behind all this. We fans cannot turn blind eyes to it as after all, rumors are exciting. 
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    somesh wrote:
    We all know that these are rumors at best. This surely is not going to influence players' cost. Its the club officials who are to be blamed. They are the ones behind all this. We fans cannot turn blind eyes to it as after all, rumors are exciting. 

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">+1. Clubs are the culprits and hypocrites as well. They say that the AIFF is wasting there money and yet the clubs spend money on horrible investments. </font></div>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i mean this this thread is so popular becz of these rumors
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited April 2012
    somesh wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>Yes they are exciting but after a while, it gets to you. Again this entire player salary inflation business was started by Churchill first and Dempo Srinivasan second.  Now that some big investors like Prayag, Rose Valley have put their weight behind the Calcutta clubs, Dempo Srinivasan has started worrying about whether the expenses will match his revenues from investing in football (he said that to the media yesterday after the game) given that Dempo has a very limited fan base, nothing compared to Calcutta. </div><div><br></div><div>Prayag was looking for an outlet to release it's "under the hood" wealth, no wonder they have increased their investments in United Sports manifold in addition to building an entire film city like the one in Hyderabad. The United sports recruiters have a eye for player recruiting and other than Gourmangi, they have had some wonderful picks till date.  KEB's not to be left behind, the only chink in their armor that I can think of is Morgan's poor match reading skills and inability to tweak strategies on the fly.  MB's the one having serious issues with everything from coach retention to recruiting to UB stopping salary payments to players until they have a plausible explanation as to why the club is trophyless for the last 23 months. </div><div><br></div><div>Other than MB, I think others are doing great in Kolkata. KEB would have won the Fed cup this season had not Morgan blundered by starting with an unfit Mehtab. All through the start of the I league, he kept on with this racist agenda of favoring Gow instead of Penn, which pissed both Penn and Opara.  In spite of messing up time and again this season from poor tactics to getting into unnecessary fights with the media, KEB officials are being patient with Morgan and are giving him one more season.  I mean, if I am being super critical, other than the lack of height in KEB midfield and striking zone, I don't see any technical deficiency in the KEB team.   Prayag's academy boys have done so well in the U-20 I league till date. Given the state of Indian football, gone are those days when Calcutta clubs used to win it all, they can only hope to win some. Prayag and KEB are in good hands, I am very positive Calcutta clubs will win some next season.</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Well gone are the days when you can win a cup on 20th century ideas. West Bengal football is stuck in the 20th century. Once they modernize everything then you guys will rise back up.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also WHAT THE FUCK! UB GROUP IS NOT PAYING MOHUN BAGAN SALARIES!!!!!!</font></div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    sujoy1976 wrote:
    <span class="Author"><a href="../../../profile/466/debarghya89">debarghya89</a> </span>
    <span class="DateCreated">
    <a href="../../comment/22646#Comment_22646" class="Permalink" name="Item_690" rel="nofollow">7:18PM</a> </span>
    <span class="CommentQuote"><a href="../../../post/quote/719/Comment_22646">Quote</a></span><span class="Like"><span class="LikeThis"><a href="../../Like/719/comment/22646">Like</a></span></span> <div class="CommentInfo">
    <span>10.00 Karma</span> </div>

<div class="Message">
    Any guesses guys on who can be the former Tottenham player who has shown interest to play for Dempo SC??<br><br>another bogus rumour????<br></div> :(( :O

<br><div>lee young pyo is that guy who is this former tottenham player...but he is 34 now...</div>