PIO (Player of Indian Origin) Thread

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9384 Points
    Any idea who this guy is ?? And when did he represent India U-19 after representing Austria at U-16 level ?<br><br>http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/amandeep-singh-ragi/profil/spieler_258586.html<br>;
  • harry191harry191 89 Points
    <P>The biggest mistka i think aiff did was to not entertain Micheal chopra.</P>
    <P> </P>
    <P>the story would have been a bit different atleast against bahrain if he was selecte for asian cup 2011 .</P>
    <P>imagine he playing along with bhutia and rennedy.</P>
    <P>bahrain already had thier defence crubled in that game,a bit more experience and pressure ,india would have snatched atleast a draw.</P>
    <P>i loved bob houghton for everything he did apart form his long ball tactis ..</P>
  • ashindiaashindia 9384 Points
    harry191 wrote: »
    <p>The biggest mistka i think aiff did was to not entertain Micheal chopra.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>the story would have been a bit different atleast against bahrain if he was selecte for asian cup 2011 .</p>
    <p>imagine he playing along with bhutia and rennedy.</p>
    <p>bahrain already had thier defence crubled in that game,a bit more experience and pressure ,india would have snatched atleast a draw.</p>
    <p>i loved bob houghton for everything he did apart form his long ball tactis ..</p>

<br><br>AIFF can only ask him to give-up his British passport not more than that.<br>
  • HOLY SHIT! HARRY IS BACK!!!!!
  • archak wrote: »
    Harry Potter???
    <br><div><br></div><div>Man, JK needs to make a Harry Potter in which we find out that Harry is German. The story of how one German can change the fortunes of Indian football.</div>
  • theutheu 3 Points
    i just recently came across the thread n site. im an oci, born in india but an american citizen. i played college soccer in the states and some professionally there. i never played MLS but for team in the NASL (2nd div) and i have trialed with an european team in the UK. i dont want to disclose the info for privacy and personal reasons nor my name. ive seen some interesting points here and i want to comment. i'm very familiar with indian soccer. i trained here with ileague teams in maharastra and in goa (again not giving names). unfortunately i have had some injury troubles and lack on fitness and form but i comment on the quality :<div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">1. ileague is very poor. indian players need tatical training, 4-4-2 is outdated and illsuited to a smaller heighted ppl like us indians, we should follow the japanese and korean style of playing. 3rd divisions in europe, s.america and even n.america are much better than ileague. also youth u21 from those countries is also better than ileague. so many foreign players come from 2nd and 3rd tier of foreign leagues so obviously they're better than the ileague. another thing that hurts ileague is lack of professionalism from staff and players. players dont take care of themselves nor train properly. pros in most countries train 2x day and ive never seen that in india. and diet in india for any athlete is poor. so that is very clear about professionalism. </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">2. ileague should encourage ocis and pios to play here. it would raise the level a little bit. an allotment of 1 per team would help the quality league wide. look at afganhistan who has semi pros from europe n usa and now have caught up to indian soccer at the national team level. so just imagaine we can get indian overseas players in here to compete. they dont even have to play for the national team but it would help with exposure in the league. for example i play as an defensive center mid ie borja valero, david pizarro, marco verrati role (not as good but some background details lol) and i was told i wouldnt get a contract here from ileague team as i dont play an IDEAL foreign player spot such as forward and defender. it was more curiousity than actually trying to secure a contract. but it shows the tatical limitations of indian soccer. everyone in the world plays with 2/3 center mids to 5 total midfielders. i was complimented mostly on my tatical and technical skills here (fitness was lacking as mentioned before) as by product of playing in the USA. However imagine bringing in other players of different football backgrounds, it would only help. even spainish players commented that moving to the england premier league helped them win euros and world cups.  </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">i dont want to be negatitive as i played with ileague players. theyre good and solid for asia. however a world cup is never going to happen as there are at least 12+ asian teams ahead of us n only 4 make it every cycle. i have had talks with ileague foreigners here and they complain about the same stuff i do. and remark on the poor quality. its not bad mouthing but frustration as alot of problems can be solved easily. ileague players have skill but they and officials limit themselves with silly rules. btw even china wanted jeremy lin and china is more pro-nationalism than india. but thanks for your time</span></div>
    silicon3
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Just to put it out there, I do not disagree with what you said but I do not think you played NASL.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:North_American_Soccer_League_players</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">None of the 351 players in here were Indian born or Indian decent. </font></div>
  • kali007kali007 0 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Arsenalkid700, do you really need to make that comment, basically calling him a liar. It just background to his perspective. You don't have to type everything that comes to mind.</font>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    kali007 wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Arsenalkid700, do you really need to make that comment, basically calling him a liar. It just background to his perspective. You don't have to type everything that comes to mind.</font>

<br><br><br>bro havent you learnt anything about him since september???