Should IFA change their name?

Comments

• rudra wrote:
    The whole confusion is because historically when IFA was established they wanted full control of the national football (the job AIFF does now)...if couple of decisions had been different then AIFF wont have been born...instead IFA wud have ruled...so why put salt to the injury by proposing name change??? and why ruffle feathers there?

Thats old history. It seems proper now for IFA to know there place... them being the state body for West Bengal. It is the AIFF who rule Indian football and not IFA.

Same goes to the Western Indian Football Association. They only rule over Maharashtra so why does there name suggest they run all of Western India.

Name change is natural. When the J.League was formed many historic clubs like Toyota FC changed there names from company to real football names because that was proper.

For the good of the game the IFA and WIFA should change there names to West Bengal Football Association and Maharashtra Football Association. It would only seem proper.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Bhai this is India...simple things causes most jhamelas... I personally dont care if IFA stands for Idiot's football association...but the problem is these ppl (all association guys) have huge egos...all these name changing proposal wud do more bad than good...anyways its not a club that name changing will make any difference...if IFA becomes WBFA, there will be no change in WB football....fans, followers, performances, clubs all will be same...only thing will be IFA devise schemes to get back to AIFF....

IFA even before has taken AIFF to court (for valid reasons)....
  • rudra wrote:
    Bhai this is India...simple things causes most jhamelas... I personally dont care if IFA stands for Idiot's football association...but the problem is these ppl (all association guys) have huge egos...all these name changing proposal wud do more bad than good...anyways its not a club that name changing will make any difference...if IFA becomes WBFA, there will be no change in WB football....fans, followers, performances, clubs all will be same...only thing will be IFA devise schemes to get back to AIFF....

IFA even before has taken AIFF to court (for valid reasons)....

Okay but international media would care. Do you really like to see the AIFF being blamed for PLS not happening because that is what is happening. Do you really like IFA being known as the top federation of India.

Sure not much will happen but it would stop confusion. I bet you that when most of these users got into Indian football they got confused over the IFA and AIFF. This is yet another example of laziness and holding to much to past history.

Also the IFA may get angry at AIFF for changing to WBFA but how would taking them to court be a valid reason.

Court: "We would like to start the case between the West Bengal Football Association and All India Football Federation please. Now we understand that the West Bengal Football Association is suing the All India Football Federation for forcing the West Bengal FA to change its name so to stop confusion over who is the governing body for football in West Bengal and who is the governing body of Indian football overall."

Ya that would work out so well. Just change that name and get over it!

Same goes for WIFA as well!
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    What I meant that IFA has taken AIFF to court before for another reason (which was valid)
  • rudra wrote:
    What I meant that IFA has taken AIFF to court before for another reason (which was valid)

What was it?
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:

What was it?

Lots of money unaccounted for...anomalies in accounts etc....

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    not relevant for this topic but just to show the relationship between them are not good... if little illogic can keep both parties happy then its good.... one of the big issues in Indian football is the ego clashes between AIFF and state associations
  • rudra wrote:
    not relevant for this topic but just to show the relationship between them are not good... if little illogic can keep both parties happy then its good.... one of the big issues in Indian football is the ego clashes between AIFF and state associations

thats expected and its not as if we all think that a name change would be like this...

AIFF: Hey IFA change your name.

IFA: Sure.

It may take over a month of negotiating and other deals being done for a name change to happen.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    rudra wrote:

let the sparks turn into a huge fire. if it goes for the bad the govt steps in, takes a few years of suspension from fifa, restructures everything, fifa withdraws the suspension, india takes the step in the right direction...
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @arsenalfan - yeah thats why...i think AIFF and other state associations need to have negotiations, but firstly about football development there, state leagues, player transfer rules, academies, school tournaments, scouting etc.... then they can talk and argue about name change....otherwise as I said in India simple things can get complicated and important things get shifted to dust laden files

@archak - haha...but FIFA/AFC will never take such steps against India...remember the market!!!!