Should IFA change their name?

Comments

• shankar wrote:
    common dude i can understand your frustation from the transfer rumours which are heavily pointed towards the foreigners and are getting somewhat overpayed
    we need to wait for some time to see how this april meeting shapes up then only shall we decide about the fate of the game in india

We already know what will happen. The AIFF will announce the 16 team league with the likes of HAL and Chirag staying. There will be a weird salary cap in which only 80% of the budget can be spent on players. How that will work out I dont know because your budget will change every day. Also clubs will get around this. Also the Club Association will announce the following 16 team league with relegation and we will see overpriced signings. NOTHING WILL CHANGE basically.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    List of things which confuses newbies and noobs (and some idiotic journalists who refuse to research on their subject) -

1) East Bengal to change there name coz they are not actually in East Bengal and internet newbees confuse them with a Bangaladeshi club...

2) I wonder whether noobs actually think Arsenal is some sort of military project rather than being a football club... shoun't it be London FC???? Why not?

3) Arsene Wenger to change his name coz anyone new to EPL thinks Arsenal has been named after him and thats why he never gets sacked (But maybe thats why he was recruited in the first place, imagine when even the coach's name matches with club, the performance is bound to be better, right?)

4) FIFA to change its name to FISA (S = Soccer) as newbies and Rwandan journalists are confused between football, soccer and american football

5) Richard Branson to rename Virgin Groups as none of the employees there are virgins

6) India to change its name as when the keyword 'Indians' is typed, lots reference of Red Indians come, which evidently after further research doesn't seem to be Indians coloured in Red after holi
  • rudra wrote:
    List of things which confuses newbies and noobs (and some idiotic journalists who refuse to research on their subject) -

1) East Bengal to change there name coz they are not actually in East Bengal and internet newbees confuse them with a Bangaladeshi club...

2) I wonder whether noobs actually think Arsenal is some sort of military project rather than being a football club... shoun't it be London FC???? Why not?

3) Arsene Wenger to change his name coz anyone new to EPL thinks Arsenal has been named after him and thats why he never gets sacked (But maybe thats why he was recruited in the first place, imagine when even the coach's name matches with club, the performance is bound to be better, right?)

4) FIFA to change its name to FISA (S = Soccer) as newbies and Rwandan journalists are confused between football, soccer and american football

5) Richard Branson to rename Virgin Groups as none of the employees there are virgins

6) India to change its name as when the keyword 'Indians' is typed, lots reference of Red Indians come, which evidently after further research doesn't seem to be Indians coloured in Red after holi

I see what you did there. :)

Nice job on the Bengal part. It would be hypocritical for me to say that the IFA to change its name but East Bengal stay the same because of there club history. ;)
  • rudra wrote:

Thank you for saving me some effort. To add to this

1) Mohammedan to change name because it is communal.

2) Juventus to change their name to Torino FC..but since there is already a club of that name Juventus will change their name to Other Club from Torino.

3) FA to change their name to English Football Association, EFA.

4) West Indies to change their name because Indian internet users (which is a lot) get confused.
  • Shall we continue this debate over tie.
  • What we should be debating is how to improve IFA's attitude and work ethic :P

Anyway, first West Bengal CM Dr BC Roy actually wanted to change names of EB, Mohammedan and Rajasthan Club because those names were regionalistic/communal. True story. He could not do it because of tough resistance from club officials.
  • What we should be debating is how to improve IFA's attitude and work ethic :P

Anyway, first West Bengal CM Dr BC Roy actually wanted to change names of EB, Mohammedan and Rajasthan Club because those names were regionalistic/communal. True story. He could not do it because of tough resistance from club officials.

I honestly dont mind to East Bengal's name. If they change it then the fans will leave (well the non-full committed fans at least).
  • rudra wrote:

lol funny
    :-))
    1. i don't want east bengal to change their name coz its tradition.
    2.arsenal is pride of london, not spurs,chelski,west ham fulham...the name itself is enough to SCARE AWAY the opponents
    3.in late 2001 when I started watching football ,I thought he is the owner & the name came from him:-$
    4. no need , kick soccer out .that wat australia did..
    5.lol.... :D
    6.rofl.... :))
  • Well technically Arsenal were never always Arsenal. It was Dial Square then Royal Arsenal and then Woolwich Arsenal. Then when we moved from South to North London we changed to Arsenal and named the stadium Highbury.
  • arsenalfan wrote:
    Well technically Arsenal were never always Arsenal. It was Dial Square then Royal Arsenal and then Woolwich Arsenal. Then when we moved from South to North London we changed to Arsenal and named the stadium Highbury.

& the rest is history