IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

Im extremely disappointed with AIFF and IMG this league will bring death to existing football in India.

It will not even last 2 seasons as players like Hadji are bullshit and will only fill his pocket and not help in any manner.

• It is official... IMG partnering with AIFF is the best idea ever!!!

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

Disappointing that I-League has been ignored by IMG RIL I thought that there would some development this seasons league but instead it reverse....its september and there is no clear idea of what happening.

IMG is vision less they are just here to make quick bucks not for long term.

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

OK. Its been a long time that IMG-R have entered the Indian football arena. But they have kept mum all this while. I want to ask you guys one thing. Suppose you all were in a press conference called by IMG-R. What would you ask? I want serious questions. And I promise I will try to get some of them answered

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

some kind of financial qustions how much did they already pump in and what kind TV ratings they saw for ileague,nehru cup.

• Before I go on (you know me, I will suggest a lot of questions) would it be a face to face Q&A or would this be at some sort of conference with other reporters there?

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Before I go on (you know me, I will suggest a lot of questions) would it be a face to face Q&A or would this be at some sort of conference with other reporters there?  

I dont know anything abt that. Most likely email thing. I just want to know whats worth knowing
  • > somesh said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Before I go on (you know me, I will suggest a lot of questions) would it be a face to face Q&A or would this be at some sort of conference with other reporters there?  

I dont know anything abt that. Most likely email thing. I just want to know whats worth knowing

Okay cheers mate.
  • My questions...

1) It was reported in a recent article that you guys can not do what you guys want for the IMG League for the I-League due to "technical reasons". What are those technical reasons?

2) Jurgen Klinsmann, the head coach for the United States national soccer team has said about the Academy program in America that "The Development Academy 10-month season is the right formula and provides a good balance between training time and playing competitive matches" and that "This is the model that the best countries around the world use for their programs, and I think it makes perfect sense that we do as well." So why are you guys proposing a 2-month league?

3) What makes you guys believe that a IPL type league will work in India for Indian football, especially considering the differences between the football schedule and the cricket schedule where cricket leagues last 2 months but a football season is 7-10 months long?

4) If the IMG League comes to fruition in 2013 then where do you see India in 2018 and why?

5) Are there any concerns about you guys starting this league when we do have I-League as well and if not why?

6) What do the IPFCA get out of this, how are there goals achieved?

7) Why do you guys feel that having foreign stars already in India like Ranti Martins or Odafa Okolie who are in there prime and dominating the league not needed but having former players who have been retired for 2 or more years acceptable?

Now if you want to be nasty:

1) Do you know the average Indian football fan?

2) Do you guys really know what your doing?

3) You do know NONE of the top 40 leagues in the world last 2 months but last 8-10 months?
  • How will a 2 month pseudo league improve Indian football standards.

why are the afc required club n league norms not being implemented?

why are the genuine concerns of Indian i-league clubs not being catered to.

since the time the agreement has been signed with aiff there has been no activity to improve Indian football despite 2 Indian national clubs closing down.