The Great Indian Football Debates

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    imsourav wrote:
    @shankar come on. All human are not same. Some are shy, some are straight forward. You know very well, most of our footballers come from poor background. They don't even know how to talk properly, forget about agents and contacts

<br><div><br></div><div>okk fine then .....how would a shy guy prove himselve to get a place in santosh team???</div><div>wont he be reluctant to give a trail for his santosh trophy team as well??</div><div>if he can give a trail for his santosh trophy team then he toe can try his luck at 2nd div clubs at least as it wont be lot of trouble out there </div>
  • Admin wrote:
    Can imsourav give examples of players who have been taken after Santosh Trophy performance? It will help your argument. Sandesh Gadkari..is he?

<br><div><br></div><div>Gadkari was scouted by Pune FC while he was playing for Thunder Cats FC in the Pune Football League.</div><div><br></div><div>He was also a player in the Mir Trophy.</div>
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    @admin Arnab mondal, sk azim, debjit majumdar these three bengal players I can remember of recent times. Not only that winning santosh trophy assures you job in state govt, that helps lots of poor footballers
  • shankar wrote:
    imsourav wrote:
    @shankar come on. All human are not same. Some are shy, some are straight forward. You know very well, most of our footballers come from poor background. They don't even know how to talk properly, forget about agents and contacts

<br><div><br></div><div>okk fine then .....how would a shy guy prove himselve to get a place in santosh team???</div><div>wont he be reluctant to give a trail for his santosh trophy team as well??</div><div>if he can give a trail for his santosh trophy team then he toe can try his luck at 2nd div clubs at least as it wont be lot of trouble out there </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>+1,000,000</div>
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Admin wrote:
    Can imsourav give examples of players who have been taken after Santosh Trophy performance? It will help your argument. Sandesh Gadkari..is he?

<br><div><br></div><div>Gadkari was scouted by Pune FC while he was playing for Thunder Cats FC in the Pune Football League.</div><div><br></div><div>He was also a player in the Mir Trophy.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>it is a boon to have a statician in our side....didnt knew he played for Mir trophy</div>
    imsourav wrote:
    @admin Arnab mondal, sk azim, debjit majumdar these three bengal players I can remember of recent times. Not only that winning santosh trophy assures you job in state govt, that helps lots of poor footballers

<br><div><br></div><div>may i know which season did they played for santosh trophy??</div><div>did they debuted first in i-league team or for santosh trophy team??</div>
  • imsourav wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>All 3 players were already on club teams. Arnab was already at Mohammedan in fact.</div>
  • shankar wrote:
    imsourav wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>may i know which season did they played for santosh trophy??</div><div>did they debuted first in i-league team or for santosh trophy team??</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Debut first in I-League for Arnab. Debjit was a Kalighat player and Sikkim player before Santosh Trophy.</div>
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    Most of time players get noticed while playing for their districts or local clubs, then they get chance on merit to represent their state. It's a system
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    So Santosh trophy has a role in providing employment opportunities to a lot of footballers, that means footballers will see a hope in taking the game up as it wil get them jobs..is that what you are implying?