The Great Indian Football Debates

Comments

• indian_goonerindian_gooner 3417 Points
    i can relate to kerala state as every mallu living in kerala but i can't relate to clubs geographically like  wayanad fc, eagles fc, dept teams like sbt,kerala police....or any club in southern kerala...so santosh trophy for me is an occasion to unite with all mallus 
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    The title should be kept in mind guys "...are pulling Indian football backwards" you have to make case against or for this point.
    for me it is a tornament for the players who are not groomed in academies but need an opportunity to display their talent,<div>to get job after winning the trophy as kerala govt did it in 2004 by making unemplyed kerala players were made constables in kerala police</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    i can relate to kerala state as every mallu living in kerala but i can't relate to clubs geographically like  wayanad fc, eagles fc, dept teams like sbt,kerala police....or any club in southern kerala...so santosh trophy for me is an occasion to unite with all mallus 

<br><div><br></div><div>So you want aiff to organise a tournament for all mallus to feel that they are having a great team???</div><div>if that is the case then we could organise a annual carnival in kerala where kerala 11 could face i-league 11 or some national teams so that you could feel that all mallus are united..</div><div><br></div><div>and BTW the point is whther this tournament is pulling national team any forward...and if you feel yes then why???</div>
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    santosh trophy can never hold indianfootball backwards. Look, our main supply line of national team is either india juniors or Ileague. But you have to think only few states have Ileague representation. So what about others? What will happen to them? How can they be noticed? Other state players also need platform.
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    santosh trophy can never hold indianfootball backwards. Look, our main supply line of national team is either india juniors or Ileague. But you have to think only few states have Ileague representation. So what about others? What will happen to them? How can they be noticed? Other state players also need platform.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    for me it is a tornament for the players who are not groomed in academies but need an opportunity to display their talent,<div>to get job after winning the trophy as kerala govt did it in 2004 by making unemplyed kerala players were made constables in kerala police</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>so you want aiff to shell out heavy money so that locals boys get employs and all aiff get is loosened pocket resulting in lesser money available for main tournaments or national team tours</div>
  • i can relate to kerala state as every mallu living in kerala but i can't relate to clubs geographically like  wayanad fc, eagles fc, dept teams like sbt,kerala police....or any club in southern kerala...so santosh trophy for me is an occasion to unite with all mallus 

<br><div><br></div><div>Okay, that is a minor upside but how can the Santosh Trophy help Indian Football long-term. How are we moving forward. Right now this is modern day football. The gap between us and the USA, Japan, Australia, England, Spain etc is the biggest its ever been. Right now if we want to shorten that gap we have to invest the SMALL AMOUNT of money the AIFF have and use it wisely. </div><div><br></div><div>Also your argument about the players in the Kerala team who did not play in Academies can be opposed. Kerala have a football team in the BC Roy Trophy and Mir Trophy and from when I created articles for Kerala players in the I-League I saw that most of them have never played in the Santosh Trophy but the BC Roy Trophy.</div><div><br></div><div>And yes, like Shankar said. How are we moving forward with the cup.</div>
    so many money is wasted on black money,corruption,luxury then why not on poor players from all states?
  • imsourav wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>Its called the BC Roy Trophy (U19) and Mir Trophy (U16).</div>