The Great Indian Football Debates - 2

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @arsenalfan - I think only we two have to fight it out (as usual)...so i am arguing for pro-rel..I will take somes and anand's points and give some examples, meanwhile u type ur arguiments,,,,i will take some 15-20 mins for this
  • rudra wrote: »
    @arsenalfan - I think only we two have to fight it out (as usual)...so i am arguing for pro-rel..I will take somes and anand's points and give some examples, meanwhile u type ur arguiments,,,,i will take some 15-20 mins for this

<br><div><br></div><div>Well I need to get off for like 10 minutes so I will be back and be ready. I also need to finish a quick thing on wikipedia.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>1) Because of I League promotion motivation, some regional teams prepare themselves, strengthening them exclusively for I League</b></font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Its because of I League promotion we have seen teams like Pune FC, Shillong Lajong, United Sikkim coming up. Without that motivation, they would never have improved themselves to such extent.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">We also see teams like Aizawl FC, Mohemmaden SC, Royal Wahingdoh, and many others trying to assemble a proper squad. without I league qualification (even if 5-10 years), these teams will get lost...totally</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Without I League qualification motivation, local league teams will not develop themselves and we are unlike to see anymore professional clubs.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">In past few years we saw few professional clubs coming up, that wont happen</font></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <b>2) Corruption and lack of player development -</b><div><br></div><div>Korean football was rocked due to this.</div><div>Even in his fictional novels, Journalist Moti nandi, uses real incidents (fictionalising them) to show how when Kolkata football had no relegation, the lower table clubs never bothered to build a proper team, so its nothing new in indian football.</div><div><br></div><div>Kinds of corruption prevalent - </div><div>a) You are lower table, nothing much to do, top club comes and pays u to lose..u dont care if u lose so u take the money</div><div>b) You have decent players. U want to pay them peanuts, but they want more money. u kick there butts and sign some uncles for almost free. u lose all game, u stay for next yr!!!</div><div><br></div><div>So, basically once some clubs have free ride, they wont care to scout players, get some quality, no other developments which we talk about...even now some lower table clubs do that...Mumbai Fc has good youth, Lajong also same.... Plus most of upcoming Indian players come from these clubs, that will stop as they wont spend to sign quality anymore</div>
  • But what if those professional clubs go back down. What if Mumbai FC, probably the only professional club left in Mumbai after Mahindra left gets relegated. What if Pune FC get relegated after all the work they do.<div><br></div><div>What if Mohun Bagan or East Bengal get relegated.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>The only way I see promotion/relegation is if we completely restructure the league. I can support it but the AIFF have to be smart. I mean who wants to be relegated to a two month tournament! What will that do.</div><div><br></div><div>BTW just so you understand my rational, I only want pro/rel gone for a few years.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <b style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">3) Competitiveness (minor point)</b><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">well, thats one thing which keeps a league going....who will care about lower table teams if there is no relegation fight?</div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">This yr. championship fight was boring, no challenge, but relegation fight was there for a considerable time. Plus we want teams to keep fighting. </font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">In I League, unlike big leagues, there is no motivation for being anything apart from 1st, maybe for prestige sake 2nd and 3rd ...but once u are anywhere less than that, u dont care whether u are last of 7th...but with relegation u have to care and u keep the fight alive</div>
  • mithilmithil 0 Points
    yup there shud be pro/rel only den clubs do fight it out!!! fr their spot and we see talent growing cause growing in quality correlates to growth of players<div><br></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <b>4) Smaller I League clubs and motivated 2nd division clubs are the source of lots of Indian players (similar to point two)</b><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Air India, Chirag Kerala, Shillong Lajong, Mumbai FC - They bring on many Indian players who get signed by bigger clubs</div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Royals, Mohemmaden, Aizwal, Kalighat etc have given players who join lower i league teams or good local league team</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">With lower i league teams no longer motivated to build good squad to escape relagation, the best possible players wont be taken, instead cheaper players will be taken. Players base will go down,</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    rudra wrote: »
    </font><b style="font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">3) Competitiveness (minor point)</b><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">well, thats one thing which keeps a league going....who will care about lower table teams if there is no relegation fight?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">This yr. championship fight was boring, no challenge, but relegation fight was there for a considerable time. Plus we want teams to keep fighting. </font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; ">In I League, unlike big leagues, there is no motivation for being anything apart from 1st, maybe for prestige sake 2nd and 3rd ...but once u are anywhere less than that, u dont care whether u are last of 7th...but with relegation u have to care and u keep the fight alive</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">That is a good point but the AIFF already announced that they want to do a playoff series. Maybe the top 6-8 teams in the league play it out. The team that finishes first in the league gets an automatic spot in the final while the other teams go at it.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">That keeps the excitement on till the end for the final play-off spot.</font></div>
  • mithilmithil 0 Points
    yup but i think itzz nt about fun and entertainment it is about development of all d clubs i think dis current  format is gud enough except with sum small changes!!!!
This discussion has been closed.