The Great Indian Football Debates - 2

Comments

• rudra wrote: »
    <b>4) Smaller I League clubs and motivated 2nd division clubs are the source of lots of Indian players (similar to point two)</b><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Air India, Chirag Kerala, Shillong Lajong, Mumbai FC - They bring on many Indian players who get signed by bigger clubs</div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Royals, Mohemmaden, Aizwal, Kalighat etc have given players who join lower i league teams or good local league team</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">With lower i league teams no longer motivated to build good squad to escape relagation, the best possible players wont be taken, instead cheaper players will be taken. Players base will go down,</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Another good point but are all these clubs even stable. Royal Wahingdoh showed there attention to rules. Aizawl dont even have a proper stadium yet and really the only thing they have is an Academy. Kalighat is just another Kolkata team which has done what? They promised a stadium but who knows when that will happen and whether it will happen.</div><div><br></div><div>Chirag Kerala dont even deserve I-League after there failure in Kerala which we all know is a football hub. Lets see how Air India does without Kashyap now. Also there under-19 squads did not look convincing. Shillong Lajong is a good argument and same with Mumbai but I bet if we did expansion and allowed teams in like that then they would have applied and got in.</div>
  • Now then lets get deeper. How is pro/rel helping us financially.<div><br></div><div>And how is the 2nd Division a fare indicator of who should be promoted or not.</div>
  • mithil wrote: »
    yup but i think itzz nt about fun and entertainment it is about development of all d clubs i think dis current  format is gud enough except with sum small changes!!!!

<br><div><br></div><div>being what.</div>
  • kazubankazuban 0 Points
    on an all, aiff should try to make more competitive atmosphere, more development needed. And more motivation needed in form of fame not lucrative money.
  • kazuban wrote: »
    on an all, aiff should try to make more competitive atmosphere, more development needed. And more motivation needed in form of fame not lucrative money.

<br><div><br></div><div>By that I guess you mean, forget money lets just make this more popular. (Sorry if not)</div><div><br></div><div>If so then how? We need money for that.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <b>5) Australia, USA, and most teams who follow have franchise system where the league is spread out -</b><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">We have classical club systems and very few regions are involved. I think the only way not having relegation will work if the league is spread out...But how will it be done India? So, if we can somehow enforce franchise system and spread them like IPL, then only it will work..</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">But then the question is in the existing club system how will u enforce all that? That will cause a war between clubs and AIFF....</div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Because India had kind of a football setup, it works against us in someway...development is easy in places where football had not been popular, no concrete set up...like u can bring american football in India by wahever design u want...but changing an established set up is very difficult, u can only change it, but not uproot it...</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">So, I am saying when I League is not spread out then no point not relegating them, when we know teams in other states are developing...what AIFF is doing by helping them by conducting 2nd div at there home is a good idea to help them qualify</div>
  • mithilmithil 0 Points
    i think all clubs should be creating their own income tht is possible only if they give ads and popularise it by promos and documentaries will do em a lot of gud den i expect good attendance cuz iam sure even indian people r expecting fr a change of sport!!!!!!
  • mithilmithil 0 Points
    @ arsenal fan  i think all clubs should run by their own costs  and i already said AIFF needs to give some catchy ads to make ppl understand tht there is also a sport called football in india and aiff must make sure all ileague atleast the top 6 fulfill  afc licensing criteria<div><br></div>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    15 mins left for the closing of the thread....more arguments????<div>post everything u can</div>
This discussion has been closed.