The Great Indian Football Debates - 2

123457»

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I still dont believe it is helping clubs if the 2nd Division is only 2 months long.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Honestly I can only see pro/rel working if we go the way of Japan. Have a 2-tier structure. Both leagues being at least 6 months long. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I-League should be 14 teams and I-League Division 2 being 10 teams. NO COMPANY TEAMS NOR BANK TEAMS (Unless you are a company team when the league started, so Salgaocar, Dempo, Air India, Churchill, Prayag are are exempt from this rule as they joined this new league when it started but all 10 teams in the 2nd Division should not be company nor bank teams) and if you are a company team in I-League and you get relegated to I-League Division 2 then you are NOT ALLOWED BACK INTO I-LEAGUE unless you change the name to represent the city/state. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Also for teams looking for entry into I-League Division 2. The teams each season shall remain constant. Every year when the AIFF releases the teams it is always a a bunch of different teams and others out. So once you are in I-League D2 you stay there every season. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also if you want entry into I-League Division 2 then you must gain "I-League Club Membership" in which you must follow the guidelines...</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">1) Not named after a company/bank/university/police.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2) Must have a stadium with at least 5,000 bucket seats.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">3) Must have a CLUB TOTAL REVENUE of at least 4 crore (The team will be flying a lot so they need the money to pay for it).</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">4) You must be representing your city.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">5) You must pay your players within the salary cap.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">6) You must have a club shop within 1 year of being in I-League Division 2.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And other stuff from here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._League_Associate_Membership#Criteria_for_Membership Just modified.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also for I-League clubs. Each club need to have a regional TV partner which shows all there games. National TV money is split equally between all teams and ticket revenue is split as well with the club's revenue majority going to the club itself. Also if your club gets relegated they get 1 crore in parachute money.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also to make the 2nd Division more interesting the top team gets automatic promotion while the 2nd to 5th place teams fight in a play-off for the Final Spot. Then the winner of that plays the 13th placed I-League team and the winner of that is qualified for the I-League next season while the loser stays in the 2nd Division.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">That is the only way I can see this working. In the current scenario this cant work. If you do then you are in a fantasy land. Look at this from a financial standpoint. Look at this as if you run FIFA or AFC, would they like this. Look at this current situation as if you were a wealthy investor... would you like this. Probably not.</font></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    But will stopping relegation at the moment with the clubs we have in next league a good idea?<div><br></div><div>we will still have ongc, air india for long then...</div><div>we will have many clubs from bengal, goa and maharasthra..</div><div><br></div><div>so at this setup can we afford that?</div>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    time to close, will give 5 more mins for anyone to answer the last question or give there comments
  • rudra wrote: »
    But will stopping relegation at the moment with the clubs we have in next league a good idea?<div><br></div><div>we will still have ongc, air india for long then...</div><div>we will have many clubs from bengal, goa and maharasthra..</div><div><br></div><div>so at this setup can we afford that?</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Final post. That is where I end. The only way I can see that is through contraction which if we do, the clubs have to deal with. Football runs on business now, sadly, ONGC and Air India are nothing when thinking about the future.</div><div><br></div><div>I would say for the AIFF to announce a brand new format in which they open up 10 slots and it is up to the clubs to apply for the league. Set restrictions as well like only 2 clubs from each city will be allowed. </div>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Ok. we close the thread. we will open it again in morning, and conclude the arguments.<div><br></div><div>and this time we will post the conclusions as an article so everyone can read it :)</div><div><br></div><div>Nice discussions.</div><div><br></div><div>Some complaints - Very few joined, no one (except @arsenalfan to some extent) were ready for this. Let's make it more interactive next time</div>
This discussion has been closed.