ISL 2014 Round 1 Match day thread

Comments

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    AshIndia , Mohan said around 40k
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Whatever it be, majority fans complained about the price of ticket. Hopefully DD owners take note of it and make sure this doesn't happen next time around.

Now on to FC Goa, excited to see this match surely GOA is going to be rocking.
  • Pune city n delhi dynamos played like i leage clubs.....it happend becaz both teams got worst indian players from i leage....
    goalkeeparmunna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29243 Points
    Stop You Idiot!!!! u spoiling my day off.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @DX First off, I love your passionate post but secondly, I want you to understand why alot of us are complaining. Yes, the crowd being over 10k is good, FOR US, but how would it be good if you are say, some high ranking person for IMG-Reliance or something? I doubt the Arbani's care about the 5000 attendance for I-League but rather the average for IPL... I can bet you that they are comparing ISL to IPL and not to the I-League... do they expect IPL all the time, no, probably not, but they will at least expect over 20,000 a game probably with all the money spent on players, presentation, and stars... that is why we are complaining.

It is a massive improvement from the I-League but at the same time that is not what we are being compared to... this ISL is being compared to bigger and better things already and it is sad but true.

Same with quality. The hype led most people to expect bloody 2nd tier European play (or in other words, the same quality man would see in say a J. League or MLS game) but we are not getting that and the Indian players don't help and the coaches... this will lead to the hype fading (which, in this game everyday policy, will happen) and soon we will see it affect the crowds and everything else and all of a sudden money spent is not being retained.

The pressure is on here bro! Fuck the I-League, the I-League is not even an after-thought anymore... it is the big thing that is being looked at and that is money and fame... both of which the ISL needs to maintain to have a stable future. That is why people are exploding on quality and attendance. Maybe not in the best way but that is the best way I can put it.
    namewtheldashindiamunna219777archak
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    I dont wish to see players like Tolgay in ISL..same old I league foreigners :(
    archak
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    so the  Trend line  is dipping down and  reached I league levels wrt Quality of match played?..
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @Ronny I think the ISL only has guys like Tolgay because we needed foreigners at the last minute and these guys are so used to the conditions of Indian football and the like so basically they were easy players to find and sign.

If IMG-Reliance are serious about the Indian Super League than after this season we should see some massive changes and one of them should be the sacking of guys like Tolgay Ozbey, Penn Orji, Dudu etc and coaches like Trevor Morgan and Arthur Papas. These guys won't improve football in India and that has been proven already so how would they help ISL? They won't. They need to be gotten rid of and competent people bought in.
  • I assume ISL will improve next season with better players, coaches and infrastructure. I doubt the development of academies or grass root levels to take place by then but it would be massive if it does by few of these ISL teams.