Arsenal : The 2012-13 Season

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> silicon3 said:
    > so its is done RVP going to MANU for 24 million.....This even after Wenger strenghted the squad with three class signings, he showed amition exactly what u said lacked at ARSENAL FC.. I as a RVP fan wish him all the best but dont ever f******g expect  a welcome by gooners now..

for all i care i hope u sit and warm MANU bench

Next barbetov under man utd in the making ...... actually i would have loved to see a 16 mil + barbetov that would have helped arsenal cause in great way
  • Exactly. I would love Berba at Arsenal. Experienced, still pretty good on his day, cheap, no internationals anymore, does not mind the bench. He would be perfect.

Now we are apparently going for Fernando Llorente who scored 18 in La Liga last season and 30 overall. He declined a contract at Athletico Bilbao so maybe we could but I dont see why. I like Podolski and Giroud in 1-2 and then either Park or Chamakh at 3. Park did great in the Olympics while Chamakh is good at holding the ball.

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Exactly. I would love Berba at Arsenal. Experienced, still pretty good on his day, cheap, no internationals anymore, does not mind the bench. He would be perfect.

Now we are apparently going for Fernando Llorente who scored 18 in La Liga last season and 30 overall. He declined a contract at Athletico Bilbao so maybe we could but I dont see why. I like Podolski and Giroud in 1-2 and then either Park or Chamakh at 3. Park did great in the Olympics while Chamakh is good at holding the ball.

Lorente going to juventus i think as they are planning for a 20 mil bid on him...
    for park....i love to see asians play in whatever the european league it be so for me always park over chamakh
  • Agree. Park over Chamakh any day but I dont think that will happen. I think Park is good enough for Arsenal but the problem is that he wants to start otherwise no international time with South Korea (he already needs to push himself to get back) but Wenger does not see Park as a starter because of Podolski and Giroud so that may decide it. Chamakh I would not mind.

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

Sahin signing hopefully completed.... now M'villa news awaited..

You guys need a player better than jenkinson at the back.....he needs experience to get into starting 11

• > shankar said:
    > You guys need a player better than jenkinson at the back.....he needs experience to get into starting 11

And thats what he is getting. Honestly I dont see what is wrong with him. He made 2 mistakes in pre-season and ever since has been very solid. He did very well on Sunday when there was trouble and he was willing to get stuck in. His only problem was back-passes but other than that he is alright at bak-out and temporary starter.

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > shankar said:
    > > You guys need a player better than jenkinson at the back.....he needs experience to get into starting 11
    >
    >

And thats what he is getting. Honestly I dont see what is wrong with him. He made 2 mistakes in pre-season and ever since has been very solid. He did very well on Sunday when there was trouble and he was willing to get stuck in. His only problem was back-passes but other than that he is alright at bak-out and temporary starter.

Jenkinson problem was aimmless shots when attacking instead of passing..i think he balloned at least 3 opprtunities.. Sunderland match he was average but not great

• > silicon3 said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > shankar said:
    > > > You guys need a player better than jenkinson at the back.....he needs experience to get into starting 11
    > >
    > >

>
    >

Jenkinson problem was aimmless shots when attacking instead of passing..i think he balloned at least 3 opprtunities.. Sunderland match he was average but not great

He will grow with experience. I do admit I got pissed when he kept doing back passes but at least you can tell that Steve Bould has been talking to him about defending. However if Sagna is out longer than end of October then we should look for someone.

Looking at the India VS Syria match i could think of how Arsenal defense was last 2 years and indian NT defense..