Quality of Football Coverage - is the Indian fan happy?

Comments

• > Joyptan said:
    > Some of img's works just goes over my head. What chould have been the reason for not giving neo the i-league brodcasting rights?

1) NEO not wanting them? I doubt that because NEO have nothing and they liked the viewing during the Nehru Cup.

2) NEO did not offer as much money as TEN Action? But if that is the case then why is TEN Action leaving production of I-League to a 6-year old. 
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Joyptan said:
    > > Some of img's works just goes over my head. What chould have been the reason for not giving neo the i-league brodcasting rights?
    >
    >

1) NEO not wanting them? I doubt that because NEO have nothing and they liked the viewing during the Nehru Cup.

2) NEO did not offer as much money as TEN Action? But if that is the case then why is TEN Action leaving production of I-League to a 6-year old. 

i think 2nd is the probable reason.... and may be ten action were not fully prepared of getting the deal done so may be this is the result of poor preperation :-?
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

With all my 100 years of footballing know-how stil can't get a reason for not giving neo the rights. Anybody can help me.

• > shankar said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Joyptan said:
    > > > Some of img's works just goes over my head. What chould have been the reason for not giving neo the i-league brodcasting rights?
    > >
    > >

>
    >

i think 2nd is the probable reason.... and may be ten action were not fully prepared of getting the deal done so may be this is the result of poor preperation :-?

Perhaps. They did get the deal right before the start of the league and in their defense the schedule for I-League is fucked up and the style of play is shit as well but still I expect better from a big TV station like TEN Action.

Just watch also for IMG. I-League is for TEN Action. The IMG Franchise league will be shared between ESPN Star Sports and NEO Prime.

• AjithAjith 0 Points

Neo is in huge debts...they probably dont have enough money to buy the rights...

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Ajith
    Neo is in huge debts...they probably dont have enough money to buy the rights...

Atlast one reason for not giving neo the i-league rights.

• > Ajith said:
    > Neo is in huge debts...they probably dont have enough money to buy the rights...

Anybody with money has enough money to buy I-League rights LOL. But seriously, can you provide news sources about the debts because this is the first I heard about this.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Ajith said:
    > > Neo is in huge debts...they probably dont have enough money to buy the rights...
    >
    >

Anybody with money has enough money to buy I-League rights LOL. But seriously, can you provide news sources about the debts because this is the first I heard about this.

they were in the debts,... that was teh reason why BCCI terminated their contract midway to make the situation worse for NEO
  • > shankar said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Ajith said:
    > > > Neo is in huge debts...they probably dont have enough money to buy the rights...
    > >
    > >

>
    >

they were in the debts,... that was teh reason why BCCI terminated their contract midway to make the situation worse for NEO

So how are NEO now? I mean, if they are in debts and we gave them the rights would there still be a chance that the quality of I-League coverage would be shit with NEO as well?
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

All these channels are business initiatives one must remember b4 gettin sentimental abt it. Zee Sports had done a lot to promote the game and market it. Got initial success too. 1st NFL that they showed got AIFF 7 crore profit. But later they realized it was too much effort 4 lil effort
    Contd.