Quality of Football Coverage - is the Indian fan happy?

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

And AIFF just sat back asking Zee to do everything. Now dont compare with EFLI. The owners of EFLI hav brought American production team with them investing a lot of money. See the quality of India vs Bayern coverage on Ten Action. It was Bayern's home production team.

• @nameWTHeld What is this? Your first post in like 3 months.

Anyway when you put it like that then there is no wonder. Also I forgot about that with EFLI. They are pounding money into it to help TEN Action. But then what is IMG doing? What are they doing to help? 

We all sit here and complain about how Indian football is not getting better and all that yet we continue to accept the quality and treatment it is getting. Why?

Indian football's I-League is so much better than the NFL with guys like Carlos Hernandez and Rohan Ricketts in the league. Market them well. Get the support for home based clubs going. The chance of success now is greater than it was during the amateur NFL days.
  • Even the quantity is bad. We need both quality and quantity. Connection with fans is required both inside and outside the stadiums. Stars like Ranty, Ricketts should be given more coverage. Floodlights, stadiums are important.

• > munna21977 said:
    > Even the quantity is bad. We need both quality and quantity. Connection with fans is required both inside and outside the stadiums. Stars like Ranty, Ricketts should be given more coverage. Floodlights, stadiums are important.

Ya, that wont happen anytime soon. I mean look at the stadiums. Unless we get the U17 World Cup nothing will change for awhile. 
  • I am yet to see a single match this year featuring Air India. Now there will be no TV telecast from kalyani Stadium as well as from Duler Ground. Delhi ONGC games are also not shown.

• > munna21977 said:
    > I am yet to see a single match this year featuring Air India. Now there will be no TV telecast from kalyani Stadium as well as from Duler Ground. Delhi ONGC games are also not shown.

I dont blame them. Empty stadiums. Ambedkar Stadium and Nehru Stadium wont see attendance for ONGC. Duler Ground probably does not have a broadcast area. Same with Kalyani.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> munna21977 said:
    > I am yet to see a single match this year featuring Air India. Now there will be no TV telecast from kalyani Stadium as well as from Duler Ground. Delhi ONGC games are also not shown.

should should consider yourself lucky not to see these games :P

i remember one USFC vs {forgot which team, maybe MFC}....it was so shitty! and I nowadays watch something like 2 i league matches a month, and one of them turns out like this!!!

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700
    > > Ajith said:
    > Neo is in huge debts...they probably dont have enough money to buy the rights...

Anybody with money has enough money to buy I-League rights LOL. But seriously, can you provide news sources about the debts because this is the first I heard about this.

haha...yeah, I am saving some :P
  • How was it bad? Quality of TEN Action? Crowd? Stadium? 

• > rudra said:
    > > Arsenalkid700
    > > > Ajith said:
    > > Neo is in huge debts...they probably dont have enough money to buy the rights...
    >
    >

Anybody with money has enough money to buy I-League rights LOL. But seriously, can you provide news sources about the debts because this is the first I heard about this.

haha...yeah, I am saving some :P

>

You better not hijack my deal of $1.50 + A gift card to McDonalds.