Official India Women's Football News

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Here's a personal experience. Remember that 'India creates history by defeating Netherlands' shit. I was, after writing the article, accused (nicely, though) by someone in AIFF that I have no idea what damage I have done in Indian Football, we need to promote women's sports, we need to make people interested. etc.. etc.

Today in my institute cafeteria, a friend approaches me with lot of enthusiasm, 
    - 'Do you know Indian women are preparing for Asian games?'
    - Yes, vaguely
    - They had even defeated Netherlands.

That was an ultimate facepalm moment, I wondered what happens next when he follows  asian games and sees our team conceding 5+ goals against lesser known countries.

If this is the idea of AIFF to promote  a sports team in the country, god save Indian football. Fake media hype and false advertisement works for politians but not football, unless ofcourse you arre cut-off from the world like North Koreans  or Eritrea.
    ArsenalFan700munna219777ashindianamewtheld
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    You should send that to the AIFF or make an article on that. This is what we want to avoid, look at what it has done with the Academy boys as well.
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    India Women’s National Team Head Coach Tarun Roy has named a 22-member Squad for the Exposure Tour to China ahead of the Incheon Asian Games next month.

The initial list of 31 players has been trimmed down to 22 who would be travelling to China for the 15-day Exposure Tour from August 25 till September 9. They will move to Incheon directly from China.

The twice SAFF Champions are expected to play three practice matches against top teams of the Chinese Women’s Super League Jiangsu Huatai and Shanghai SVT. The teams are currently placed second and third respectively in the League table. Either of the two teams will play India twice.

The probable dates of the three matches are August 29, October 2/3 and October 5/6.India are in Group A along with last Games’ bronze medalists South Korea, Thailand and Maldives. Three teams from groups of four and two for the three team group will advance to the quarter finals of the 17thGames. India women last played in the Games back in1998 where they failed to qualify from their group. This will be only their second appearance.

The 22-member Squad:
    GOALKEEPERS:Okram Roshni Devi, Aditi Chauhan, Pushpa Tirkey
    DEFENDERS:Ashem Romi Devi, Ashalata Devi, Tuli Goon, Radharani Devi, Suprava Samal, Upamati Devi
    MIDFIELDERS:Premi Devi, Amoolya Kamal, Mandakini Devi, Oinam Bembem Devi, Kamala Devi, Supriya Routray,Indumati Kathiresan
    FORWARDS:Sasmita Malik, Prameshwori Devi, Dangmei Grace, Bala Devi, Jyoti Ann Burrett, Salam Rinaroy Devi.
    munna219777
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Haryana becoming new hub for #Indiansports .. Wrestling , boxing and now Football 

Haryana U-17 girls stun Assam girls with an emphatic 3-0 win in final match of Subroto cup .
    munna219777namewtheld
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    SAFF Women Championship will take place in pakistan from 11th November .

Pak women team already started preparation and played friendly against Bahrain .

Maldives women team going to thailand for short camp .

Nepal also training from last week .

But no news about Indian women team till now .
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    Modi sarkaar will not give permission. So forget abt this tournament.
    goalkeeparashindia
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    but if something happens the same people will cry why did they give permission to go
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    A 22-member preliminary squad for the upcoming SAFF Women’s Championship has been declared, and the contingent is currently training in Patiala, Punjab.
    The final Squad of 20 will be travelling to Islamabad in Pakistan for the third edition of the SAFF Championship of which India are the reigning champions.

The 22-member Squad:
    GOALKEEPERS:Okram Roshni Devi, Anjana Saikia
    DEFENDERS:Ashem Romi Devi, Loitongbam Ashalata Devi, Suprava Samal, Gurumayum Radharani Devi, Sumitra Marandi, Thokchom Umapati Devi, Supriya Routray
    MIDFIELDERS:Yumnam Kamala Devi, Yumlembam Premi Devi, Nameirakpam Montesori Chanu, Oinam Bembem Devi, Lako Phuti Bhutia, Moirangathem Mandakni Devi, Manpreet Kaur, Indumathi Kathiresan
    FORWARDS:Irom Prameshwori Devi, Ngangom Bala Devi, Gita Das, Jyoti Ann Burrett, Michel Margaret Castanha.
    footydipmunna219777