AFC Challenge Cup 2014 and qualifiers

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> ashindia said:
    > > 
    Turkmen team has been preparing since Jan in Europe and Phils are the host and they have good European players,so looks very unrealistic for us.

so does that mean both team gonna play for win?? so that could be good news for us 

p.s i personally feel we shouldnt qualify as we dont deserve it
  • ashindiaashindia 9384 Points

> shankar said:
    > > ashindia said:
    > > > 
    Turkmen team has been preparing since Jan in Europe and Phils are the host and they have good European players,so looks very unrealistic for us.

>
    >

so does that mean both team gonna play for win?? so that could be good news for us 

p.s i personally feel we shouldnt qualify as we dont deserve it

Yes we dont deserve to qualify but not playing any competitive games till 2015 is not a good advertisement for our football,with NT and I-League already struggling to find any sponsors we'll only move backwards.

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

Its Been Heard That, Bangladesh Threatened To Pull Out Their Team From AFC Region & Bangladesh Officials Will be Flying To Fifa Head Quarters, If AFC Keeps their Decision Of "Null Points"Rule!

Mean while, AFC will Be Holding a meeting Tonight Regarding This Issue & They might Give3 Points On That Brunei gamewith a +3 GD

• reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points

Giving +3 GD to all teams against Brunei is bad as this will cause unfair advantage to 2nd placed team in last grp.

• I think AFC has already done that..they gave all the three teams 3 points +3 GD..its showing in their site!!

• reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points

In that case only way India can make it is that any 2nd place team draws with 3 placed team and loses to 1st placed team. 

• a nonsense tounament is thiis turning out

• preetampreetam 870 Points

seems quite unfair 3-0 win awarded to everyone against brunie....this will reduce our chances....

• > indian_gooner said:
    > a nonsense tounament is thiis turning out

Agree. This tournament has always been non-sense. Why can't the AFC be more like UEFA and just have all the teams play in a straight qualifiers.

This is why European teams dominate the Asian teams. More games against better guys. 

Every UEFA team would beat India while only like 3-4 Asian teams can beat some mid-quality Euro clubs.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

i dont understand why everyone compare UEFA with AFC...

In europe football is main sport for almost all nations, while in AFC hardly any countries are as passionate for the sport...
    which means if AFC organise a UEFA format like a group where japan, iran, india and brunie will be in one group..

the top 2 teams would hardly show any interest for the league...
    but see europe... they value every teams
    In AFC, (like world cricket board) elite teams dont value rest of nations