I-League 2012-13 Round 1

Comments

• > rudra said:
    > Trevor Morgan had extremely poor tactics todays...the whole first half the tactics was...give the ball to mehtab in his half and then gives a long pass in right wing where penn/chidi and sometimes naoba will collect it and then cross in box where u got manan, chidi or both...it was so so predictable, SCG were following a routine. Not a single attack was from left wing in first half....

in 2nd half morgan opened the left flank by bringing dika, but the tactics was same keep crossing, keep crossing.... the team had such dfference in quality, but EB kept on doing the same things....

Tactically I have found Churchill Brothers to have most options, they can almost attack from any position - left , right, long ball, short pass, even Bilal and ravanan (CB) came attacking atleast thrice....CB vs Dempo match, CB's first half was a delight to watch....they lost the steam in 2nd half...I have a feeling CB will be a top contender, top 3 finish of course

Are you kidding me. East Bengal were far from poor today. Yes it was predictable but it almost worked very well. I bet if East Bengal scored you would have been praising the tactics. The problem with East Bengal was on the attack. Fine Manandeep was not doing well (I did not consider that) but Edeh was appalling today. Also Baljit Sahni showed us today the difference between the Calcutta Football League and the I-League. He hits almost every game here and now cant even score in I-League. Other than that everything was almost perfect for them. Mondal did good when needed, the defense managed to stop Sporting on the break countless times and the midfield kept creating chances. If this is not true then the match I saw today was not the match everyone else on here saw. East Bengal has what it takes, they just a little bit of time (early days) and maybe a better forward and then the results will flood in.

As for Bagan. Fine, I have not seen Mohun Bagan yet, hopefully TEN Action will show them next week. Now I will answer to Rudra as I actually respect the guys opinions. You make a good point with Anwar Ali but I still stick with the Masih-National Team opinion. Perhaps things have changed in this year since his last call up, perhaps I was wrong but why else would Santosh choose Rakish over Jewel. There is a reason and I cant think of anything else. Unless of course Santosh is a retard, which I dont he is at all. We were all calling him for the India U23 post a year ago and now we are complaining about him calling him a small team coach.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

I didnt say EB were poor today, I said they were tactically poor. There's a difference between these two. East bengal have great players and they are expected to make merry of all India SCG. They did that also...but they had only one way of attack the whole game, which I have explained above.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

As for santos coaching a youth team is very easy compared to coachig a star studed team who has big expectations. Because if u fail as youth team coach u don't have to give much explanations to fans or officials. Fos a big teams maneging big stars and bigger fans isn't easy and he is a small team coach. He dose not posses the ability needed to manage a big team atleast now.

• > rudra said:
    > I didnt say EB were poor today, I said they were tactically poor. There's a difference between these two. East bengal have great players and they are expected to make merry of all India SCG. They did that also...but they had only one way of attack the whole game, which I have explained above.

Okay I will give you that, there way of attacking could have changed a bit. 
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    edited October 2012

12-9 goals indians leading round 1 with 1 match more to go

• > usaindia said:
    > 12-9 goals indians leading round 1 with 1 match more to go

Pune vs. ONGC...

Jeje (Indian) and James Moga (South Sudan) vs. Oneyaka Eke (Nigeria) and Katisumi Yusa (Japan).

1/4 chance! Of course that is only if you look at probably forwards. 
  • kshitij USFCkshitij USFC 250 Points
    edited October 2012

Akoi
    Hurray...my fav team PA, LJFC and SUFC have won 1st round. Hope they cont this ....allah hu akbar!

yes they will. :)

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Akoi
    @Joypan......The Goan clubs and Kolkotta clubs.

Have u seen any kolkata big clubs play at home. We get 5k to to 10k fans on even low key cpl matches. Let alon big matches

• > Ashlesh said:
    > "I thought that every single one of the Sporting Clube players were magnificent," he "No doubt they had no foreign players, but their young players played with a lot of heart and enthusiasm and made it difficult for us, especially in the first half." Trevor Morgan

Agreed with the quote, although I would say Sporting made it more difficult in the 2nd half but he is the coach.