India vs Palestine International Football Friendly, 6th February 2013

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited February 2013

ashindia said:
    off topic - When will Nike change these shit kits,since 2010 its the same enough of it.

After India wins an away friendly match against a team who are above 150 in FIFA rankings. :!!

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > > ashindia said:
    > > off topic - When will Nike change these shit kits,since 2010 its the same enough of it.

>
    > After India wins an away friendly match against a team who are above 150 in FIFA rankings. :!!

they should nt change it as i have that jersey
    :)>-

so guys why no subrata paul?

• @Samiam He has been poor for Prayag United and eventually was benched and still is. Sangram is the #1 keeper at Prayag United while Subrata is the #2. 

Really it is sad because Subrata went from one of the big 3 of Indian football (Along with Syed Nabi and Sunil Chhetri) but now he has fallen hard. People are finding him out, especially a club level.
  • > ashindia said:
    > >

Qualifying for Asia Cup are you serious ? This looks far from possible current set of players dont have that ability and the so called Arrows is not providing what it is supposed to.

Yes, we are serious. We have till 2014 to prepare a squad for the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup. We can do it. Listen we lost today but look at the team we put out. First off, the defense. It was horrible. I did not see the match yet but you do not have to be a genius to know that Gouramangi Singh and Raju Gaikwad are not good enough for India. Raju Gaikwad only has 5 caps in the I-League this season... FIVE CAPS! We are entering Round 20 and we started with a guy who only has played in 1/4th of those rounds.

Arnab Mondal should have been the man out their today along with someone like Rowilson Rodrigues or Dharmaraj Ravanan. The back-line should have been Franco-Mondal-Ravanan-Nabi.

Then the midfield. Francis Fernandes, Mehtab Hussain, Clifford Miranda, and George Alwyn is fine but why was Lenny Rodrigues starting over CK Vineeth. And why is Lalrindika not even an option of the bench?

And then I get to the forward line. How poor is this. 1 forward. Sunil Chhetri... 43 minutes of football in all of 2012-13 and this is the best we could do. And then the bench. Hello, someone please tell me how an inconsistant Joaquim Abranches and off-form Manandeep Singh can be good subs. Please!

This squad was weak. No other words to describe it and Wim now needs to work on gaining 1 more friendly because at this moment this squad cant even qualify for the Challenge Cup.
  • Also look at this...

Of the 16 players in the Arsenal U18 squad that won the FA Youth Cup in 2009 only 2 players are really regulars at Arsenal now. The rest are either waiting for their contract to end or already gone to lower leagues.

What is the point of this? To show the reality of youth football. Do not put to much hope into the AIFF Academies or Pailan Arrows to automatically bring us world class footballers.

The only way we can improve is with a proper league structure and proper youth set-ups. Thats it. 
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points

Agree with kid on tht.. clubs with out set ups n philosophy will develop better players..

As for the game i had to shoot out n missed it.. some fickle fans will call for heads to roll but its jus friendly.. seems like a game of 2 halves...few more games leading upto qlfrs should help filter things out. Myanmar looking good so could pose challenge but nothing too serious..

U cant give him 2games in last 5months..need more to pick n drop players but sometime we see the coaches miss the obvious players n pick silly ones..looks like defence could do with new faces other than scoring 2goals in a game is good enough..

Should be fine to qlfy from ur group.

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

Sad But Truth : Out Of 10 Matches India Never Won A Match At Kerala.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Why was Franco selected if he was not supposed to attack down the flanks. We all know that he is not great at defence but he is great on the wings.

Only Nabi was moving up yesterday along the left flank. Denzil did not provide a single cross into the box. Wim should select as per his style. Nirmal might have been better at defence.

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

I felt Wim shud have brought on changes much earlier into the game to take a look at all the possible combos. It was a friendly n shud hav been used that way. What a waste