India vs Nepal Live Discussions, September 5 2013

Comments

• Wim Koevermanns: It Wasn't Easy To Play In Front Of Their Nepal Fans

http://www.goalnepal.com/news.php?id=15918
  • I dont know how current crop of players suddenly has lost motivation/ or do not belong to this category. If you look at their graph these were the same set of players who used to perform quite well in the age categories..even during Bob's era, after the Asia cup he played with a ew inexperienced line up in the Challenge cup and yet found the correct results..So what has happened suddenly that we cant even defeat Bangladesh or get defeated to Nepal.<br>Not always an excellent player can become a great coach or a good motivator. Think such is the case with Wim. I believe it is time we should retrospect our strategy..<br>Foreign coaches should be brought in definitely for their technical ability and prowess but at the youth level where they can give a lot.<br>As pertaining to senior team either persist with Indian coaches (though have sessions of these coaches on regular basis for understanding modern football) or bring in established coaches who can make a difference..<br>
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Brilliant post by Rudra, Accurate assessment on the formation that Wim is trying to bring. Trying to find suggestions in that, I think we have sorted the GK(Subrata), LB(Nabi), 1 DM(Mehtab) & 1 striker (Chettri).
    Arata/Dawson is still unproven, Francis,Lenny are inconsistent. No other options upfront and the closest we have to an option for the striker is Robin.
    I think if chettri can drop down to AM with Robin upfront, With Nabi interchanging with overlaps with the LAM (Jeje?) we can be a threat.
    The CB situation for me is the most problematic. After Gawli we havent had any Clean CB who hardly makes mistakes. Thought Enas/Ravanan can be a good shout there.
    Dika can be brought in as well to support Mehtab in the middle and keep possession.
  • There are many problems in this team. I dont want to make any comment on team selection of foreign coaches. Because everyone has their own philosophy. Like Stefan Constantine had always ignored Alvito D Cunha during his tenure and preferred Tomba Sing. Alvito was in his career best form that time. He simply destroyed opponents defense in Asean Cup for East Bengal. But Tomba proved effective for NT and we won LG Cup in Vietnam. Bob always preferred Mehraj, Rakesh Massih over Mehtab but gave us the successes.Similarly Wim is ignoring Ralte, Sanju or Lalkamal. As per me its time for us to understand that right now India does not have any player who can make difference with his individual skills in international arena. The skill level is almost same for all players of this present batch. The issue is with the leadership. Yes the same name is missing here once again. The one and only Baichung Bhutia who's presence was enough for NT to get motivated. Also Climax, Renedy, Mahesh had cool brains and used to perform above their level while playing international matches. But unfortunately Mehtab or Mangi or Sunil dont have that personality or character. There is difference between motivation and anger. They are loosing cool and making the basic mistakes. Its time to rise for these seniors and respond with a bang. And Subrata Paul needs to understand that doing the basic is more important than making some impossible acrobatic saves, which gives the gallery pleasure but not to the team. Otherwise Pep or Jose or Scolary whomsoever come here,  nobody is going to give us the success. 
  • <P>even i was just wondering yesterrday .</P>
    <P> </P>
    <P>in 20111 asia cup we had deepak mondal,bhaichung,clifford,steven,surkumar,gawli, rennedy,abhishiekh yadav, anthony perriera.</P>
    <P>so aprat from subrata,nabi,chettri the entire team has changed.. so it will take some time for the younger generation to suit in the fomration wim i strying to play.</P>
    <P>the earlier guys used to just lob the balls forward. the presen tguys are trying to play possesion football,but end up shooting long balls, as they are acclimitazed to long balls from bob era. so i nthier mind they are playing posession ,but on the field they are playing long balls.. calssic example gourmangi singh. i dont see him starting a pass. he just lobs the ball forward whenever he is threatened.</P>
    <P>for me wim is doing right ,and should eb given atleast 2-3 years.. ya losses will be difficult to accept,esp against saff ,but again thats the only way forward. i think we would bestarting to see reuslt in couple of years time when the likes of brandon,holicharan,uttam ,daniel,shaiju, prathemesh,  are drafted in the team india.</P>
    <P> </P>
    <P>till then chill guys .and enjoy the football..  nazdikin fayde se dur ke nuksaan ke baare main socho</P>
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    I terribly miss Baichung...the scorer, the play maker, the motivator!
  • <P>on more question rudra or gaffer or arsenalkid or namewithheld.. can you explian why is the AIFF trying to have coal toal (long ball style ) with the u-19 kids and wim (passing style) to the seniors. </P>
    <P>shouldn the juniors and seniors playuing style compiment each other.  i think arthur pappas was the right man for the blue cubs </P>
  • Again regarding style of play I want to add few things. Please understand we dont have enough quality players right now to play possession football. I am giving you an example, during 1996-97 season MB played some real possession football in CFL, Fed Cup and in NFL under Amad Dutta. The midfield was - Amit Das, Basudev Mondal, Satyajit Chattejee, Renedy Sing / Abdul Khalek. They played really well against Eastern Rail, Md Sp, Port Trust. They used to play 7-8 correct passes in the midfield.  The same midfield used to play for India that time. The style was "we have the ball so lob it to IMV or BB". Now you can ask me who was the coach for NT? Was it Amal Dutta? Ans is No. Nxt Question is "What would have happened if he was at helm?" I would like to say to watch that seasons some of the Durand Cup or Rovers Cup matches of MB where they played clubs from Uzbekistan or Kazakhstan. The famous diamond changed to "If we have the ball give it to Chima strategy" So we are not ready to play possession football right now specially against UAE or Soudi Arabia. The important thing is we get the right result which will help us to earn some points in FIFA rankings and we can have some moderate opponent in WC qualifier or Asia Cup qualifier.    
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    <p>@dhritiman....we have players who can play possession football..but outisde the team. When you place players like Lenny, Jwel, francis etc how can they play possesional football? With the set of non deserving players sepcially from Goa we still managed to play good passing football under Mr Armando Colacao. </p><p>We need a change in the coach who has the vision and can understand Indian players well. Might be Subhash bhowmik, Karim, Armando or James trevor Morgan can justify it. </p>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    honestly India is suddenly caught in the dillema of the long ball vs possesion and it is not easy...but at the same time Wim doesn't look like a very good coach as well..<div><br></div><div>there is another thing to note that teams which dont have good talent normally use the disciplined or organised long ball strategy...i am not only saying long ball, the organisation is crucial...if u see Toal's teams...u see two lines of 4-4 perfectly moving up and down...this is the tried and tested way of making not so talented team play as a team and get results...Bob is an expert there, he had excellent reputation regarding that too....</div><div><br></div><div>Right now i think experiment at junior level but let the national team coach use whatever he seems best...because we cant afford losing at SAFF...this is embarassing...so i wont dwell at selection at all...I am making rounds of online forums almost 5 yrs now, players have been suggested, coaches abused, then new players tried but results dont really change...Bob's miracle was in a muddy and slushy pitch, lie we get all the results in water logged pitches...these just give us false expectations...</div>